Need Help with Powdery Mildew

• Thread starter Islander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Islander

I am growing in soil and have been fighting mildew virtually since the the beginning of the flowering stage. (4 weeks in) I grow from clones in 12 inch smart pots and am using Foxfarm Ocean Forest for soil mixed with Perlite. 1000w bulbs and feeding Botanicaire nutes. Ph of 7 and temps between 65 and 80. When the mold first appeared i increased my circulation fans from 3 fans to 7 and sprayed infected areas with "Safer" fungicide, a sulphur treatment. I have been fighting it continuously. Tried neem oil as well and now I am at week 7 of flowering and am still finding mold hidden in different places every day. I have switched to a 3% solution of Hydrogen Peroxide and it seems to knock it down but I am unable to kill it completely. How do I prepare or what do I do differently in my next next grow to avoid this problem?

B

bluetooth

i suffer with pm on nealy every grow
after each grow i wash the whole room and equpiment with bleach(watered down)
i then spray with baking soda and a couple of drops of liquid soap.and paint the room every time
and it normally comes back about 2weeks b4 i chop then i do it all over again.
i have heard milstop is ment to kill it.(but never tried it yet)
but i have done every thing to stop it and cant.
there is 1 thing i have not tryed which is milk but i dont want my bud smelling like sick lol
ive even run 2 400 watts to get the temp over 100f.(i got it to 138f) no fans on i let it run 24/7 for over 2 weeks.but it does not work.
maybe some one on her can give a bit more info.
if you cant kill it.u can prolong it you have to just keep a good eye on them
good luck

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
milstop is greencure. different name sold in canada. greencure works well but it wont cure an infected plant. but it will keep it down so u can harvest. i killed all my mom plants. 1st i sprayed with greencure then took like 10 cuts of each when they were rooting any that showed signs of pm i threw out and kept the ones that didnt. i had to get rid of 3 moms completly, its been over a month and schmoes casey and and cindy 99 havent show any signs of infection

U

ugmjfarmer

Has anybody here tried Piranha and a wetting agent? Supposedly it is designed to out-colonize powdery mildew on plants. I wouldn't know as I have not tried THAT yet, but I did try a combination of aquashield and hygrozime that seemed to kill it on clones, but removing them from the bad environment was critical. I also have used safer soap before, but not for PM.

I

Islander

I will certainly royally disinfect the room when done with a combination of bleach and other agents. I have cloned off of my mother plants already and only now (thanks Kid Twist) realized that the mold spores probably came with the original clones. This is my first grow and bought clones from a third party. My mummy plants are in a different room and do not seem to be affected by mold, or at least not yet. The clones are still in the nursery but look clean at this point. I am going to research Piranha for sure. I just really need to get to harvest here. I only have 9 days of feeding left before the final flush. Trichromes look fine so far but obviously I do not want to spraying crap all over my buds right up to and after harvest??

I

Islander

stOne, the humidity runs about 50%. It is naturally a bit higher right after watering but comes down to about 20% over time. I originally was turning off all fans (even intake and exhaust) when the lights were off but have learned that lesson. For the last few weeks all fans have been on 24 hr a day.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
So is it safe to say that if you accept a cut into your garden that has had pm you are going to be dealing with pm forever?

fred

B

bluetooth

What is your humidity at? What about when the lights are off?
my humidity with lights on is 30 ish and when there off it stays around 40/42
try to keep you humidity around the 30 mark
but the only way u can sort of rid p.m is clean every thing thats been in ur grow room
good luck and i hope you get rid of it

Venom818

Venom818

Has anybody here tried Piranha and a wetting agent? Supposedly it is designed to out-colonize powdery mildew on plants. I wouldn't know as I have not tried THAT yet, but I did try a combination of aquashield and hygrozime that seemed to kill it on clones, but removing them from the bad environment was critical. I also have used safer soap before, but not for PM.

yes tried it didnt work u guys want to get rid of it 100% this formula was from a really knowledgeable dude here on the farm

BANNERMAX
QUANTUM GROWTH

google these 2 items and ur problems are solve but beware to use protective gear when spraying this has gotten rid of all mildew problems i had havent seen it ever since.

Venom818

Venom818

So is it safe to say that if you accept a cut into your garden that has had pm you are going to be dealing with pm forever?

fred

nope not if u get banner max and quantum growth I for one cannot trow away these rare elite cuts i had to look for a solution that worked.

M

mc_lazy_is

nope not if u get banner max and quantum growth I for one cannot trow away these rare elite cuts i had to look for a solution that worked.

I have not heard of these products do they sell them at local hydro stores in cali? Does it actually KILL the pm? or just delay it? I just started dealing with some PM and really worried that my teens/mothers wont be cured before i need to put them into flowering next week!

M

mc_lazy_is

i went to quantum growth's website and it seems as if there are like 4 different types of QG. Is revive the one you want for PM? which one do you guys use?

L

LovetheBud

I hadn't heard of it before, but I picked up a quart of Zero Tolerance by Ed Rosenthal at the Cannabis Convention in SF. I've been having pretty good luck with it and I believe its totally organic. Smells like cinnamon. Maybe worth a try.

B

bluetooth

heres something i wrote at another forum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seems like every one get this hope it help
HEAT
powdery mildew is sensitive to heat neither species will grow at 32c(90f) and will quicly perish when above 38c(100f)
To get a complete kill mantain the temps for a hour.This may not be feasible option in most indoor gardens for several reasons.
The first is that it may be difficult to heat the space to such a high temp.
The second is that even a single peak of 38c(100f) affects the growth of the plants
there are a few sprays you can make
cinnamon oil and tea it wont kill it completely
garlic is a general purpose insecticide as well as fungicide it should be used with caution on outdoor plants.it kills benefical insects as well as pests
limonene it contrals p.m but does not kill it
milk kills pm so well that home users use it use 1 part milk to 9 parts water
neem oil protects the plant it forms a barrier between the plants and the invading fungi
vinegar.apple cider vinegar is toxic to pm because of its high acidity use it at the rate of 20ml per L of water sevral times a week.some gardenrs recomend alternating using vinegar with potassium bicarbonate and milk.
there is also ph up and sulpher

Venom818

Venom818

i went to quantum growth's website and it seems as if there are like 4 different types of QG. Is revive the one you want for PM? which one do you guys use?

quantum growth light,and these 2 products get rid of it completely.

I

Islander

I got some Green Cure today and will spray with it this evening. It is sensitive right now as I am only about 2 to three weeks from harvest. The active ingredient in Green Cure is Potassium BiCarbonate. It claims to be totally organic and non toxic in any way. I am going to look into Quantum Growth and Banner Max for the next grow. I will let you know how this Green Cure works.

M

mrdizzle

i just scooped up some eagle20, its systemic and is suppose to kill it completely. it says it has a half life of 30days, so clean your room and spray when you flip and you should be good

I have never had PM in my life, this shit is gay as fuck, I would trade it for spider mites any day

Venom818

Venom818

Green cure is bomb to set it back 14 days but after that it will come back but i do use it in flower i bought it before i found out about the banner max quantum growth combo this shit killed that pm 100% havent seen any pm since.Thank you KEYPLAY

Top Bottom