Need Some Advice On First Build

• Thread starter ganjfather
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

In my opinion if you go LED, Germany make the best quality diodes. If your LED has German made diodes, you have a quality product. Avoid Chinese crap. German German German. IMO

Epistar are about the best you'll get from China. Second rate if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, they do the job bit if I had the money I'd get me a KINDled unit...

Maxresdefault

:p:p:p:p:p just for ha ha's

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

Here's the link enjoy b b's :) https://www.osram.com/os/

Here's an interesting read with chip spec side by side.
---------------------------------------------------------------

http://blog.auxbeam.com/osram-leds-vs-philips-leds/

Screen Shot 2017 02 24 at 95428 AM

I think philips is a Dutch company, but they make their lights in China.

To piggy back, Osram modules that can be added to anything
Screen Shot 2017 02 24 at 100836 AM

Screen Shot 2017 02 24 at 101603 AM

Just from surface reading I don't think ATM there is any reason to spend extra $$$ on german engineered lights. IMHO $251.10 for 45w is highway robbery, but to each their own. I just know what works for me.

Screen Shot 2017 02 24 at 101514 AM
Last edited:
visajoe1

visajoe1

Just from surface reading I don't think ATM there is any reason to spend extra $$$ on german engineered lights. IMHO $251.10 for 45w is highway robbery, but to each their own. I just know what works for me.

Agree!! My jaw dropped on the price too when I was led to them a couple months ago. The whole Budmaster line is overpriced IMO, but I'm digging their components.

sixstring

sixstring

In my opinion if you go LED, Germany make the best quality diodes. If your LED has German made diodes, you have a quality product. Avoid Chinese crap. German German German. IMO

Epistar are about the best you'll get from China. Second rate if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, they do the job bit if I had the money I'd get me a KINDled unit...

You mean examples of KIND led grows?

Just to put in there , I'm an LED grower... Not some old guy lol

No grilling at all. It's just that I was never arguing that KIND units do or don't use Chinese made diodes...

Lol ok ok I just realised what happened there, me putting down Chinese diodes then saying I'm gonna get a KIND light. Dan was wrong :D

Still waiting? :D :D :D lol
no im not,its pretty clear you have no idea what your talking about by now and have derailed this thread pretty well with your osram crap comment.do you have any advice at all for the op of this thread or just like telling people you think you might buy a kind led some day ? guy needs some advice on first build.show me where osram fits into this picture lmao. and please dont link any led chips that are 40 lpw,we are dancin around 180 lpw with china crap these days:banghead:

dan1989

dan1989

no im not,its pretty clear you have no idea what your talking about by now and have derailed this thread pretty well with your osram crap comment.do you have any advice at all for the op of this thread or just like telling people you think you might buy a kind led some day ? guy needs some advice on first build.show me where osram fits into this picture lmao. and please dont link any led chips that are 40 lpw,we are dancin around 180 lpw with china crap these days:banghead:

Actually I think you'll find it was you and your buddy secret squirrel who did a good job of derailing the thread. I put forward my opinion, which is why I wrote IMO AT THE END. If you read back you'll find that my comment was ignored by everyone else. I wrote what I wrote, that was that. But you guys wanted to play moderator. As for the osram comment, that came after you and ss pushed for it. I think you'll find all my comments after that were in response to your shit attitude comments. It doesn't look as if your advice was very useful anyway, so I wonder what the difference between our comments really are. If you really are concerned about ruining the thread, why don't we leave it at that. Or report me to Logic for trolling if you like. No problem. You have made your point, which I have no respect for, as a decent grower would point out gracefully that the person has been given some misinformation, so they don't walk down the wrong path. You asked to see German led diodes. I provided what you wanted to see. The whole argument, was that you wanted me to show you German made led diodes. I showed you German made led diodes. Anything else?

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

Actually I think you'll find it was you and your buddy secret squirrel who did a good job of derailing the thread. I put forward my opinion, which is why I wrote IMO AT THE END. If you read back you'll find that my comment was ignored by everyone else. I wrote what I wrote, that was that. But you guys wanted to play moderator. As for the osram comment, that came after you and ss pushed for it. I think you'll find all my comments after that were in response to your shit attitude comments. It doesn't look as if your advice was very useful anyway, so I wonder what the difference between our comments really are. If you really are concerned about ruining the thread, why don't we leave it at that. Or report me to Logic for trolling if you like. No problem. You have made your point, which I have no respect for, as a decent grower would point out gracefully that the person has been given some misinformation, so they don't walk down the wrong path. You asked to see German led diodes. I provided what you wanted to see. The whole argument, was that you wanted me to show you German made led diodes. I showed you German made led diodes. Anything else?

yo kid, don't get frustrated.
99% of the cats on this thread are rocking Chinese leds Lol so you gotta expect some blow back.
:shy::woot::facepalm:
Bus

i think i was on topic :speechless:

sixstring

sixstring

lol,i did answer some of his questions.post #9 fyi,and i dont report posts because some lil german diode lover trolls a thread im posting in. go fuck yourself trolly dan,there now you can report me lmao.do you even grow brah ???

dan1989

dan1989

lol,i did answer some of his questions.post #9 fyi,and i dont report posts because some lil german diode lover trolls a thread im posting in. go fuck yourself trolly dan,there now you can report me lmao.do you even grow brah ???

Lol brah :D :D :D I bet you're like 18 years old or something. Look how angry you are. Don't tell me you're some grown up guy, cos that shit is FUNNY. It's pretty pathetic lol. I'm not gonna report you to your teacher little guy, don't worry.

Yes I grow. Get back to school.

Last edited:
dan1989

dan1989

Sixstring clearly you don't really have anything constructive to say, so I'm gonna apologise to ganjfather and duck out of this one. If you really care that much you can private message me. Don't post that shit anymore, I don't want people thinking I'm a little kid like you. Good luck with the thread police sixgrade. You should work for the White House when you grow up, they suppress peoples opinion too :P :D :D :D. Cue the angry hormonal reply...

Latest posts

Top Bottom