Need some advice. Plants were perfect last time I watered

• Thread starter MaverickNEA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
This is why most outdoor growers amend the dirt they grow in 😉
for sure. i run my outdoor raised beds for my veggies as no till with knf inputs. well, did for a while. this year was a sorry excuse of a garden, but other life obligations got in the way. either way, i'm just flicking you shit at this point. all in good fun, no arguments here.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Get pots ready when thawed out but make sure Sunshine is room temp before transplanting.

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

Get pots ready when thawed out but make sure Sunshine is room temp before transplanting.
Yup, for sure I will. Pots are ready. Later tonight I'll open the bag and put it in big containers until tomorrow so it gets to room temp. Doing it in my grow room as it's warmer in there. 👍

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

The Natures Care organic is probably the best one if you have to choose. Dont add anything to it though. Add perlite if you can, just not the miracle grow perlite, it had fertilizer added to it
I already picked up sunshine mix #4. Far better than what I was using lol. Almost finished transplanting. 👍

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

Not done transplanting quite yet. Letting the sunshine mix warm up a bit more. It was still frozen in the center. 🤦‍♂️

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Sunshine #4 is super similar to Promix Hp it’s popular In Cali and affordable we used it outside as a base with no problems and also as a stand alone with bottle feed no problems. 1000% better than miracle grow also affordable if I remember correct

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

At least you don’t have to worry about critters lol
No critters......just have to keep the two cats out of the grow room. My grow is in its own bedroom so I always have the door closed so all good lol. Two tents. 4x4 and a 2x4. Lots of led lights. ?

MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

Transplant complete. Now we wait. See if I killed them. I did feed them a bit. 6.5 ph and 250 ppm. Cross fingers! That sunshine mix #4 is a far better medium to deal with that the other crap I was using. Water didn't bead when I fed them. Much much better. 😁👍

Screenshot 20211125 210901 Gallery
MaverickNEA

MaverickNEA

So far so good. Dark green color is coming back into the leaves. Problem seems to be going away slowly. I'll post a photo in a few more days. Man that sunshine mix #4 potting mix can hold a shit load of water. I have one question. When watering your plants......how much water would you give them? They are in 5 gallons fabric pots. Do you water until some is coming out the bottom? That's what I usually do but.....how much water is too much? How much is too little lol?

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

So far so good. Dark green color is coming back into the leaves. Problem seems to be going away slowly. I'll post a photo in a few more days. Man that sunshine mix #4 potting mix can hold a shit load of water. I have one question. When watering your plants......how much water would you give them? They are in 5 gallons fabric pots. Do you water until some is coming out the bottom? That's what I usually do but.....how much water is too much? How much is too little lol?
The amount of water will depend on a few things. Mainly drainage in your soil, i used about 30% perlite. The next factor will be pit type, fab or plastic, then theres the temp and RH in the tent. The temp and RH are a bit trickier than the other factors BECAUSE
1. Higher temps will cause evaporation
2. In proper conditions higher temp makes the plant use more water.
3. RH affects transpiratation rates through the leaves.
All of those will affect watering but the plants size will also affect it bc larger healthier plants will use more water.

To end the ramblings, make sure to fully saturate medium, water slowly, verrrry slowly to be extra precise and see exactly how much each pot needs. I water about 1.5 gallons into a 7gallon pit every 2 to 3 days. I have good drainage and fab pots with good air circulation. I add the 1.5 gallons and it takes about 20minutes to properly water. When done right, itll just barely leak from the center of the bottom of the pot. That way I know its all fully saturated. Then make sure to wait until the medium is dry before next watering.

Someone above mentioned the lift test. Do that. Fill a 5gal pot with the exact medium youre growing in, full saturate it and lift it, get a feel for how heavy it is and compare that to your actual plants in their pots, lift the text pot when it dries up and compare the weight to the potted plants...youll then get a feel for how its supposed to weigh.

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Cactus is on point. Before mine grew larger i was using the same half gallon amount. I use soil and fab pots also.

Once properly watered, do less, shell be fine. Less is more. If youre not dialed in with watering, then id say its better to under water than over water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom