Need some help! Can't figure it out

• Thread starter Namder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Namder

Thanks for the replies. Have left it do to its thing and the photos attached is the most recent. Still very droopy i think.

I am using the inoculants in the photos. What dya think?

IMG 20220911 WA0000
IMG 20220911 WA0001
Group image 2 33
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks for the replies. Have left it do to its thing and the photos attached is the most recent. Still very droopy i think.

I am using the inoculants in the photos. What dya think?
My thoughts? If you water the microbes in before the plant has recovered, you delay your recovery and the root zone will suffer more than it will benefit from the microbes. These microbes are aerobic and will die in septic conditions. Your leaves are saying "I can't breathe." They can't breathe because they can't move the water through the plant and back into the atmosphere ... when your rh was 66% they were really struggling. You're moving in the right direction but you are not quite there yet.

The mycos is a sound suggestion, just not yet. Again, get your daytime temps above 80 and until they begin to recooperate, your night time temps in the low seventies. It's going to take a few days to see major improvement. You may be able to speed this up with more air flow through your garden. Do you have any extra fans available? I like oscillating tower fans for my indoor gardens. They don't take up a lot of space but produce a nice gentle flow of air. Get your leaves dancing gently in the wind.

N

Namder

My thoughts? If you water the microbes in before the plant has recovered, you delay your recovery and the root zone will suffer more than it will benefit from the microbes. These microbes are aerobic and will die in septic conditions. Your leaves are saying "I can't breathe." They can't breathe because they can't move the water through the plant and back into the atmosphere ... when your rh was 66% they were really struggling. You're moving in the right direction but you are not quite there yet.

The mycos is a sound suggestion, just not yet. Again, get your daytime temps above 80 and until they begin to recooperate, your night time temps in the low seventies. It's going to take a few days to see major improvement. You may be able to speed this up with more air flow through your garden. Do you have any extra fans available? I like oscillating tower fans for my indoor gardens. They don't take up a lot of space but produce a nice gentle flow of air. Get your leaves dancing gently in the wind.
Thanks for the reply man im really learning alot. I used the microbes on transplant, on the root ball and in the soil before planting.

Ok gotcha. I have a small oil heater i was going to add to the system to bring the temp up, just on low, do you recommend this? Also i have small fans attached above that oscillating on low. They cut off during the dark period. The carbon fan is still running throughout. I have a bigger floor fan not in use yet, should i had this perhaps?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks for the reply man im really learning alot. I used the microbes on transplant, on the root ball and in the soil before planting.

Ok gotcha. I have a small oil heater i was going to add to the system to bring the temp up, just on low, do you recommend this? Also i have small fans attached above that oscillating on low. They cut off during the dark period. The carbon fan is still running throughout. I have a bigger floor fan not in use yet, should i had this perhaps?
An oil filled radiant heater is relatively safe, but many people will tell you to put it on the outside of your tent and have your intake draw the warm air in. However, I'm not sure that's the best use for you when the area you're using isn't entirely enclosed from the outdoors. Move the oscillating fans off the timer and allow them to run 24/7. Keep the carbon fan running through out like you're already doing. I prefer oscillating fans over box fans but sometimes you have to use what you already have until you can purchase your upgrade. Give as much distance as your tent will allow and turn the box fan on low. Try to aim it at the pots more so than the greenery ... also, if you haven't already, get your pots off the ground to allow airflow underneath it. It will aid in drying things out.

N

Namder

Finally got to see the room again up close
Pots are feeling very dry now but still drooping. See video.

What dya think?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

How much have you raised your temps? Did you get them high enough yet? I know you've been working on this and have already made some progress. You're just not seeing the progress yet. Visual improvement will take some time.

If they have dried back so the pots are light, go ahead and water them with the mykos product you were asking about. If that doesn't seem to help much, up pot them to the larger size you were going to use down the road. At least this way, you get the roots out of the "water table" and then they will certainly respond.

Just be careful not to disturb the root structure too much.

Madbud

Madbud

Set one on a paper towel to see how dry the bottom is. Dry top layer will help fight the gnats.

TSD

TSD

The leaves still look swollen... which usually means they're over watered probably not transpiring well... you said they are partially outside and it's been raining, so without a dehumidifier, it's gonna take a long time to dry out. My plants regularly go a week or close to it between waterings when they're that small, in nursery pots w holes and correct humidity and temp. Sounds like they're drowning, can't breathe via roots and can't transpire to evaporate water via the leaves because it's too humid. Gotta get the environment under more control.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The leaves still look swollen... which usually means they're over watered probably not transpiring well... you said they are partially outside and it's been raining, so without a dehumidifier, it's gonna take a long time to dry out. My plants regularly go a week or close to it between waterings when they're that small, in nursery pots w holes and correct humidity and temp. Sounds like they're drowning, can't breathe via roots and can't transpire to evaporate water via the leaves because it's too humid. Gotta get the environment under more control.

I totally agree with your observation ... It's puzzles me that they can be dry enough to water and still look that way ... unless its still way too cold/humid in that environment still.

TSD

TSD

I totally agree with your observation ... It's puzzles me that they can be dry enough to water and still look that way ... unless its still way too cold/humid in that environment still.
Depends if they're just going by the top layer of soil, cause that can look dry as heck but it's still wet below, especially in those conditions, water can only evaporate so fast and they aren't big enough yet to use a ton, especially in cold temps.

N

Namder

How much have you raised your temps? Did you get them high enough yet? I know you've been working on this and have already made some progress. You're just not seeing the progress yet. Visual improvement will take some time.

If they have dried back so the pots are light, go ahead and water them with the mykos product you were asking about. If that doesn't seem to help much, up pot them to the larger size you were going to use down the road. At least this way, you get the roots out of the "water table" and then they will certainly respond.

Just be careful not to disturb the root structure too much.
I got 79f on temps and added a small heater to the intake vent to draw in some heat. I added a floor fan pointed at the pots and the leaves have a lot more movement now. I added some perlight and the inoculant gently into the soil mix. The pots were quite light and the cheap moisture meter i have was reading a bit below half way towards dry. So watered a bit to see what happens.

Thanks so much for the advice on this. Hopefully they will perk up again!! Will give another photo asap. Will defo re pot if this doesnt solve the issue!

Reactions: TSD
N

Namder

Thanks for the reply. I have a dehumidifier in the tent, but may not be big enough. I have added a small heater to the intake fan to rry and raise the temps. The humidity is around 57% and the pots were very light. They have had a massive growth spurt in the last 3 days after feeding. And were looking really decent. Then the slump and the leaves went droopy. Although underneath the big fan leaves, the smaller nodes are growing strong.

I added an extra floor fan to the mix and raised the pots off the ground. Should this be enough?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thanks for the reply. I have a dehumidifier in the tent, but may not be big enough. I have added a small heater to the intake fan to rry and raise the temps. The humidity is around 57% and the pots were very light. They have had a massive growth spurt in the last 3 days after feeding. And were looking really decent. Then the slump and the leaves went droopy. Although underneath the big fan leaves, the smaller nodes are growing strong.

I added an extra floor fan to the mix and raised the pots off the ground. Should this be enough?
It will certainly help. What can you do in a cost effective way to keep the outside ... well ... outside? Can you seal off the openings with plastic and duct tape? As the weather gets colder this will become even more difficult. Best course of action is a plan to get this all inside where its much easier to control the environment. I'd get the plan together ASAP even if you can't make the move at this moment.

N

Namder

It will certainly help. What can you do in a cost effective way to keep the outside ... well ... outside? Can you seal off the openings with plastic and duct tape? As the weather gets colder this will become even more difficult. Best course of action is a plan to get this all inside where its much easier to control the environment. I'd get the plan together ASAP even if you can't make the move at this moment.

We have boarded the windows with instulation, the roof is already insulted, and plan to box that part of the extention in with a frame and more insulation. When i was there this evening it felt OK. But youre right, when the temps drop, it may not be enough, but can possibly move the grow inside if my friend can find the space.

TSD

TSD

I got 79f on temps and added a small heater to the intake vent to draw in some heat. I added a floor fan pointed at the pots and the leaves have a lot more movement now. I added some perlight and the inoculant gently into the soil mix. The pots were quite light and the cheap moisture meter i have was reading a bit below half way towards dry. So watered a bit to see what happens.

Thanks so much for the advice on this. Hopefully they will perk up again!! Will give another photo asap. Will defo re pot if this doesnt solve the issue!
That's good, halfway isn't dry though... I let mine get to a 1 or 2 on the 1-10 scale and they've never wilted down as if too dry.... which I assume would happen below 1. They really like a dry period, it's how oxygen returns to the soil for the roots to use.

N

Namder

That's good, halfway isn't dry though... I let mine get to a 1 or 2 on the 1-10 scale and they've never wilted down as if too dry.... which I assume would happen below 1. They really like a dry period, it's how oxygen returns to the soil for the roots to use.

Gotcha! I will leave em too it now then. Hopefully the extra fan plus the added heater will do the trick and solve my VPD issues. I have a IR temp monitor and record the leaves at 25 degrees C.

Thanks for the help on this one! Learning a lot about the set up.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Gotcha! I will leave em too it now then. Hopefully the extra fan plus the added heater will do the trick and solve my VPD issues. I have a IR temp monitor and record the leaves at 25 degrees C.

Thanks for the help on this one! Learning a lot about the set up.
You're in the right place for a lot of help. THCFarmer has some really good growers that are active members. It's not just a few either ... it's quite a few.

Bookmark the site and hang out with us often. You'll learn a lot and have a ton of fun doing it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom