Need some help! Can't figure it out

• Thread starter Namder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Namder

You're in the right place for a lot of help. THCFarmer has some really good growers that are active members. It's not just a few either ... it's quite a few.

Bookmark the site and hang out with us often. You'll learn a lot and have a ton of fun doing it.
Thanks man! Appriciate the time spent

G

Glomus

That's good, halfway isn't dry though... I let mine get to a 1 or 2 on the 1-10 scale and they've never wilted down as if too dry.... which I assume would happen below 1. They really like a dry period, it's how oxygen returns to the soil for the roots to use.
You can let them get dry without worrying about wilting especially when the roots and soil are inoculated. But I tend to be in the side of over watering then under, because life happens and if you loose track of the moisture one time and it drys out too much it create problem in the root zone.

R

ritoMox

You can let them get dry without worrying about wilting especially when the roots and soil are inoculated. But I tend to be in the side of over watering then under, because life happens and if you loose track of the moisture one time and it drys out too much it create problem in the root zone.
How does watering with dry-out between waterings affect the soil microbiome in living soil? Dry-out would seem to negatively affect the microbiome, at least as far as it getting too dry. It would seem to me that just the perfect amount of moisture in the soil to keep the microbiome thriving would be ideal for the plant as well. But just speculation on my part✌️

G

Glomus

How does watering with dry-out between waterings affect the soil microbiome in living soil? Dry-out would seem to negatively affect the microbiome, at least as far as it getting too dry. It would seem to me that just the perfect amount of moisture in the soil to keep the microbiome thriving would be ideal for the plant as well. But just speculation on my part✌️
Yeah well it definitely will hurt the microbiome if it drys too much. But you want some oxygen getting to that root zone to keep things some what aerobic and in balance. If it’s too wet for too long the roots get water logged and can drown, and the excess water creates an anaerobic condition for decomposers that feed of the dead root = root rot.
Actually a lot of people make the mistake of over watering after forgetting to water a wilting plant.

N

Namder

So i think the solution worked. 82f on temp and 54% humidity. Have no pictures yet but will post as soon as i get em through. Not expecting much change, but hopefully this is on the right track now!

Thanks a bunch for all the continued help!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Visible changes might take a bit of time but regardless, your environment was out of whack. It was the most urgent thing that needed to be corrected. Keep us posted. Pictures are always appreciated. We may have a bit more work to do, but I'm confident you're on the right path now.

N

Namder

Visible changes might take a bit of time but regardless, your environment was out of whack. It was the most urgent thing that needed to be corrected. Keep us posted. Pictures are always appreciated. We may have a bit more work to do, but I'm confident you're on the right path now.

Nice one, thanks for the support. Will see how they are looking. Fingers crossed!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Lol inoculation is the new calmag... 😂
Based on a few threads lately, I see how it could be interpreted that way but no ... It's just a spoke in the wheel. Remove any of the spokes, not just the ones related microbes and your plants will suffer.

This is where @Glomus and I differ. I recognize their importance and they shouldn't be trivialized but they are also not the "end all magic fairy dust" where at least his posts come across to me as excessive in the claims of what they can do ...

Then the pissing contests begin, which I hate to be involved in especially with him. He seems like a really nice guy who's swallowed too much of the Glomus Inc hype surrounding microbes. Again, they have a place. Their importance begins to dwindle some in salts based gardening though. Much of what's been stated here applies more to organic gardening practices.

Lockebox

Lockebox

Based on a few threads lately, I see how it could be interpreted that way but no ... It's just a spoke in the wheel. Remove any of the spokes, not just the ones related microbes and your plants will suffer.

This is where @Glomus and I differ. I recognize their importance and they shouldn't be trivialized but they are also not the "end all magic fairy dust" where at least his posts come across to me as excessive in the claims of what they can do ...

Then the pissing contests begin, which I hate to be involved in especially with him. He seems like a really nice guy who's swallowed too much of the Glomus Inc hype surrounding microbes. Again, they have a place. Their importance begins to dwindle some in salts based gardening though. Much of what's been stated here applies more to organic gardening practices.
"I accidentally ran over my plant with my lawn mower, what should I do?"
"Well first, are you using a bacterial/fungal inoculation product?"

Lol I had to I'm sorry, all fun and games 😂

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

"I accidentally ran over my plant with my lawn mower, what should I do?"
"Well first, are you using a bacterial/fungal inoculation product?"

Lol I had to I'm sorry, all fun and games 😂
Hahaha ...

G

Glomus

Yeah well it definitely will hurt the microbiome if it sets too much. But you want some oxygen getting to that root zone to keep things aerobic and in balance. If it’s too wet for too long the roots get water logged and can drown, and the excess water creates an anaerobic condition for decomposers that feed of the dead root = root rot.

Lol inoculation is the new calmag... 😂
Actually yeah if you are properly inoculated and are keeping your Mycorrhizae alive in the soil the fungus helps provide the plant with secondary nutrients like cal mag.

G

Glomus

I just grow in 200-300 gallon pots and raised trenches outdoors, so its a total different situation for me than it is for someone with like 4 plants in their closet growing indoors. I rarely see people growing in living soil for small indoors. I'm just saying that things can be that simple, people spend too much money on expensive nutrients they don't need or miss misdiagnosing deficiencies. If your in soil and not RO water you usually don't need a Cal mag supplement. I think I lot of things get lost in translation because people have a variety of different situations. I'm not against soilless grows and synthetic nutrients just do one or the other.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I just grow in 200-300 gallon pots and raised trenches outdoors, so its a total different situation for me than it is for someone with like 4 plants in their closet growing indoors. I rarely see people growing in living soil for small indoors. I'm just saying that things can be that simple, people spend too much money on expensive nutrients they don't need or miss misdiagnosing deficiencies. If your in soil and not RO water you usually don't need a Cal mag supplement. I think I lot of things get lost in translation because people have a variety of different situations.
That, I can whole heartedly agree with.

G

Glomus

And yes they are the End All Magic Fairy Dust! Lol

G

Glomus

No, they're just a spoke in the wheel.
All I'm saying is they are a very crucial element that many don't do right and over look. Those cheap products are basically bags of talcum powder. I spend more on the good stuff cuz it works with the beneficial bacteria and those companies don't skimp on the potency and quality of the sores and bacterias. They have more than one use with the blend of BB. Next time you have a plant with rot on the foliage or even in the roots, try it if nothing else works what do you have to lose.

Top Bottom