Need some help.... droopy leaves, healthy plant

• Thread starter CFC7143
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yea I’ve heard this a few time but I’ve always wondering is this method just causing stress to the plant causing it to turn purple? Can’t you stress any plant of any strain to force it to show purple colors? I was just wondering
lower temps brings out the colours

CFC7143

CFC7143

The soil is wet because I took this picture like 50 seconds after watering the plant
Literally not even a solo cup worth of water I’m swear to you I’m not over watering my plant

Reactions: PK1
CFC7143

CFC7143

Myself......I would never cut leaves like that, on a Seedling - unless there was Disease or something. Pls: Leave it alone.
And yes I agree usually I would have not done that but luckily she’s doing ok now

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Literally not even a solo cup worth of water I’m swear to you I’m not over watering my plant
I'm not trying to pick on you bro. Just my two cents. If the whole top is moist/wet like on your picture then your watering method is wrong. Your seedling was also droopy because how compact the soil was which didn't allow air to get to the roots.

I explained once before on how to water her to gain results. dumping a cup of water on the topsoil will only get the top moist/wet and it won't allow the roots to grow further down because the nutrient water is always on top.

I would break the 1 cup into three halves and give it quarter cup of water in a circular shape, 2" away from the main stem. Smoke a joint and after 15 min give it the remaining quarter cup of water on the same area that was previously watered. Since your soil is moist the water can now travel further down. Now wait 5 min and after that you can drop the remaining quarter cup of water with in the circle.

This method does Three things. It allows the soil to breath between watering. It allows the roots to grow to the bottom of the pot where the soil stays cooler and most for a longer period of time and on your final quarter cup of water and when the plant sinks it will have air pockets in the soil for air to travel for the roots.

Happy New Year!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've grown a purple strain at normal temps and I got green and I've grow a green strain with low night temps and I still just got green. It's a mix.

Homesteader

Homesteader

If a plant has anthocyanin in it's genetics, the color will show. Red and blue LED colors and cold will make them show more. If it doesn't carry the pigment, you won't get color.

Plant looks fine. Didn't look droopy to me. Look normal

ArrEll

ArrEll

I'm not trying to pick on you bro. Just my two cents. If the whole top is moist/wet like on your picture then your watering method is wrong. Your seedling was also droopy because how compact the soil was which didn't allow air to get to the roots.

I explained once before on how to water her to gain results. dumping a cup of water on the topsoil will only get the top moist/wet and it won't allow the roots to grow further down because the nutrient water is always on top.

I would break the 1 cup into three halves and give it quarter cup of water in a circular shape, 2" away from the main stem. Smoke a joint and after 15 min give it the remaining quarter cup of water on the same area that was previously watered. Since your soil is moist the water can now travel further down. Now wait 5 min and after that you can drop the remaining quarter cup of water with in the circle.

This method does Three things. It allows the soil to breath between watering. It allows the roots to grow to the bottom of the pot where the soil stays cooler and most for a longer period of time and on your final quarter cup of water and when the plant sinks it will have air pockets in the soil for air to travel for the roots.

Happy New Year!
I use the same method, every time I water. I always pour on a Little, then wait for it to soak in. It's at least a 2, sometimes 3-step procedure. In between, I give the Cat some attention...some Head Rubs lol...cause he's always right there, with me. Otherwise, my Gro-Bags leak all over the place. Some people LIKE this Run-off, but then: How do you know how much water your soil actually took in?

PS: I like Gro-Bags, cause if you DO accidentally over-water them, there's little harm done, really.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I use the same method, every time I water. I always pour on a Little, then wait for it to soak in. It's at least a 2, sometimes 3-step procedure. In between, I give the Cat some attention...some Head Rubs lol...cause he's always right there, with me. Otherwise, my Gro-Bags leak all over the place. Some people LIKE this Run-off, but then: How do you know how much water your soil actually took in?

PS: I like Gro-Bags, cause if you DO accidentally over-water them, there's little harm done, really.
Exact same for me but no cat :(

• Haha
CFC7143

CFC7143

I've grown a purple strain at normal temps and I got green and I've grow a green strain with low night temps and I still just got green. It's a mix.
From what I’ve heard it doesn’t particularly have to do with the strain 100% of the time because that strain could be a mix of two or more different strains of which may be only one of the strains has purple so basically just because you got green doesn’t have anything to do with the temps it just means that specific phenotype of that seed didn’t have much of the genetic traits of whatever made that strain purple

CFC7143

CFC7143

And also you make way too many assumptions from looking at a picture to let me explain to you this in the most simple terms I possibly can I pour less than a solo cup of water onto my plant when it’s at this size and then the only reason the entire visible top of my soil looks wet is because after I’ve watered around the base of the plant I take a spray bottle and lightly spray the top layer around the top just enough so that the fan doesn’t blow up and kick up dirt and dust as much it generally dries out pretty rapidly but I’m not soaking my entire pot with waterAlso my soil is not compact whatsoever here I’ll send you a video my soil is perfectly airy and open

CFC7143

CFC7143

She’s doing fine now
5F8E3329 A42E 499D BD06 401BE0EB246D

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

And also you make way too many assumptions from looking at a picture to let me explain to you this in the most simple terms I possibly can I pour less than a solo cup of water onto my plant when it’s at this size and then the only reason the entire visible top of my soil looks wet is because after I’ve watered around the base of the plant I take a spray bottle and lightly spray the top layer around the top just enough so that the fan doesn’t blow up and kick up dirt and dust as much it generally dries out pretty rapidly but I’m not soaking my entire pot with waterAlso my soil is not compact whatsoever here I’ll send you a video my soil is perfectly airy and open
LOL yea i know what those fan do with some dry dirt dude had a pot in my had and walked past my fan and it blow all up in my face was some tasty dirt i had for lunch !! its looking alot better to me still looks like its rich in nutrients does look like over feeding but just like your soil really full of nutients already if youve been feeding it id take 2 watering with just plan water and see if that helps the edges flatted out abit you wont see it on the old growth only new growth.

CFC7143

CFC7143

Starting doing some training last night around midnight and got up at 6 in the morning for work and she had already bounced back these are the pictures of when I first tied the branches down and then how it looked 6 hours later when I got up for work
A646B901 4211 445A 9FED 417367C36B43
03CA4AD6 F080 4314 A5EA C6886B89FACE
0E7D5222 81AD 438A 8ECB 230665F6AE21
C3366E16 D1FF 4A48 A0EA 485FADCE1F78
7DB8D0D2 D25A 498F B6A7 FB780A940F42

CFC7143

CFC7143

Ok I’m done with this thread I really appreciate the input I got from you guys so I guess if you wanna follow my grow I have a thread For following this grow. I’m pretty sure if you just search the threads for GMOxPURPLE PUNCH in the only thread on there growing this specific strain. Thanks again and I’ll leave you with a couple pics I just took. She seems to be loving life
0DE7AD07 6066 46E6 8C88 D882F794154C
A4077DA2 14FB 47F3 8024 332541338489
1D54B98C 30AB 4896 B275 5B8FA96C24A0

PK1

PK1

Supporter
why don't you copy the url of your thread and past it here so we can just follow?

Latest posts

Top Bottom