Need some help with rh problem.

• Thread starter Ineedheeelp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

I know you have met with disgusting things. I met with the same problem as you a few days ago. The problem is not your dehumidifier, but your air conditioner. As long as you buy a high-power air conditioner and turn on the dehumidifier, you can get the answer you want,
The dehumidifier is going to pump heat not much you can do about that.

What type of ac do you have? Your going to have to manage the heat. AC will also pull water.

How many circuits do you have?

Can you run an extension cord?

If you can get the lights on one and the AC/dehuey on another should be fine

You may need to upgrade to a 20 amp breaker. Of you only have once circuit available

Have some pics?
I met with the same problem as him a few days ago. The problem is dehumidifier or . As long as he buy a high-power air conditioner and turn on the dehumidifier( high-power), he can get the answer he want,

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Yeah that's the problem. Single hose AC is brining in humid air. 5000 but is more than enough.

I did mine in the door so I didn't have to cut a hole in the wall.
Quick question tho 🤔 it being a single hose ac blowing the hot air out the window. Where is it getting the humid air from? Is it like a negative pressure effect sucking air from everywhere in the house?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The thing that was confusing me was when I had the dehu on and the ac on it worked great until the compressor kicked off on the ac and then it was just blowing condensation moisture and the rh would shoot way up from like 45 to 70 in like 5 mins
Glad you got it figured out 👍.
I posted before i read all the comments. Good investigative problem solving @Aqua Man !
Thank you sir

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Quick question tho 🤔 it being a single hose ac blowing the hot air out the window. Where is it getting the humid air from? Is it like a negative pressure effect sucking air from everywhere in the house?
It's sucking in the tent air and pumping half of it out and half and half of it back in (cool air). The hot air out is going to be humid and raise the humidity in the air outside the tent that is then sucked back into the tent. By venting the hot humid air out of the room it's not being returned to the circulation.

Hope that makes sense

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Not really lol I have it hooked to the window in the room. But i did order a window unit so I'm gonna see if that works. I think its creating a vacuum and sucking in air from outside the room from gaps in the window and door

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
There are two type of portable AC. De-humidification is a side effect of changing the air temp and the condensation must be dealt with. In single-hose types - that humidity is returned to the air flow. With dual-hose types - there is a separate exhaust that removes that moisture.

Mini-splits are the way to end this problem.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not really lol I have it hooked to the window in the room. But i did order a window unit so I'm gonna see if that works. I think its creating a vacuum and sucking in air from outside the room from gaps in the window and door
Yes it will.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There are two type of portable AC. De-humidification is a side effect of changing the air temp and the condensation must be dealt with. In single-hose types - that humidity is returned to the air flow. With dual-hose types - there is a separate exhaust that removes that moisture.

I agree

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Yea i noticed this morning the ac unit has water all over the top of it and it makes sense cause my dehumidifier draws at least 5 gals a day and I only water with 3 soo its pulling moisture from outside too.. i can't install a mini duct where I'm at. Would a window unit work? I'm bout to go pick one up today Aqua man said it would fix it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea i noticed this morning the ac unit has water all over the top of it and it makes sense cause my dehumidifier draws at least 5 gals a day and I only water with 3 soo its pulling moisture from outside too.. i can't install a mini duct where I'm at. Would a window unit work? I'm bout to go pick one up today Aqua man said it would fix it.
Yes it will. Best would be mini split but a window unit will work as long as you have it installed so the back of the unit is outside the room

kkMomma

kkMomma

The thing that was confusing me was when I had the dehu on and the ac on it worked great until the compressor kicked off on the ac and then it was just blowing condensation moisture and the rh would shoot way up from like 45 to 70 in like 5 mins

Idk, because it appears the farm is indoors and out.

I would never sweat over an issue as this.

Here:

Read down in this article, they suggest air injection Etc.

Good luck & ✌

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Alright so I installed the window unit and it was 80 degrees in there but rh was down to 45%..sweet. BUT the window unit i got is a lil 5000 btu unit and it seems to not be bringing Temps down. Should I turn off the dehumidifier for a little and let the temps catch up before turning it back on?

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

sorry if these seem like stupid questions you guys are awesome wit the knowledge

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Alright so I installed the window unit and it was 80 degrees in there but rh was down to 45%..sweet. BUT the window unit i got is a lil 5000 btu unit and it seems to not be bringing Temps down. Should I turn off the dehumidifier for a little and let the temps catch up before turning it back on?
Can you set the dehumidifier to run a certain Rh? If not I suggest a controller if it has an auto restart function. Same with the AC but they must have an auto restart to use controllers.

I use inkbird because they are simple cheap and effective. They have a few options.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

sorry if these seem like stupid questions you guys are awesome wit the knowledge
Only stupid question is one not asked brother.

After ya get sorted here I suggest a grow journal to help you track your grows and provide a grow history for yourself. It will also aid others in helping you if you have future issues you would like help with since they can see the history at a glance.

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Can you set the dehumidifier to run a certain Rh? If not I suggest a controller if it has an auto restart function. Same with the AC but they must have an auto restart to use controllers.

I use inkbird because they are simple cheap and effective. They have a few options.
Yea they both have digital settings

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea they both have digital settings
Just set the dehumidifier to 55% and it should cycle then providing a more stable humidity. Does the fan run constant on the dehumidifier? If so find out if it has autorestart after a power outage. Basically put it on max dehumidification and unplug it then plug it back in after waiting atleast 3 min. If it starts dehumidifying then it has autorestart. Should be out in continuous mode for this.

B

Burned Haze

What I would do is get a swamp cooler aka evaporative cooler . super efficient and can push that humidity and fan, what I do is turn off my dehumider to 80% when it’s grow on cycle ( quest 155) than when my room is about to turn off ( or have a timer) turn it off and turn back your dehumidifier back on for the night grow cycle. Those swamp coolers are ductless and will cool your room like a a/c, give you medium air and wet humidity that’s super effiectent. And unlike a humidifier , they aren’t picky on what water goes in it. I just keep all my a/c water and reuse it and make sure my a/c barrel is clean ( I do weekly cleans with physan 20 but ethier way compared to well water it’s 0 ppm water )
point is humidifiers the filters are expesive and the price vs this and it is on;y needs filter replacements 4x+ less often ( I can get this for 200-500 bucks and it can push 10+ gal of water easy and cool my room )

I was surprised many people don’t use em, I love mine

i realize you were talking about dehumidifying you’re room, but im wondering if you have a sensor over your canopy and know your vpd? Intill I knew, I was surprised that my a/c was raping me and I was so off and these “ stay at 55%” and under 60% humidity , that’s not possible at my temps , I only keep under 60% at nighttime and then 55% at night time last two week

if you don’t understand vpd or need a guide

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Just set the dehumidifier to 55% and it should cycle then providing a more stable humidity. Does the fan run constant on the dehumidifier? If so find out if it has autorestart after a power outage. Basically put it on max dehumidification and unplug it then plug it back in after waiting atleast 3 min. If it starts dehumidifying then it has autorestart. Should be out in continuous mode for this.
On the dehumidifier it is set to 40% but it won't stay at 40 it will hover around 45-42%. I go to put it on 45 and it will hover at 50% exactly. I think I need a stronger ac unit. That 5000 isn't blowing cold enough to do anything against the dehumidifiers hot air coming out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom