New Advanced Nutrients Digital Ballast Coming Soon

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Thanks for posting the article. For those worried. Thanks, but I don't pay full price for anything and I'm lucky enough to get allot of free shit. Just as long as I give them my 2-cents and help out with some issues. Once I get my unit and give it a run. I'll post my 2-cents worth.

Thanks for sharing the info and everyone getting along.
Take care,
BG

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Thats funny cause I know the owners of GREEN COAST HYDRO very well, and they have the biggest hydro shop in LA county, plus 3 other big stores, and he says that Quantums are the best, with very little returns compared to lumateck, and all the other junk thats out there..............GM

Same here I switched to all Quantums and love them they are super quiet and almost no heat...Jack

C

CANNASSEUR

its advertised in ANs new magazine rosebud and it is in no way made by AN made in china like all other digitals... the ballast r small and red and look like a cheap external hard drive

Billygoat

Billygoat

Talked to my hydro shop buddies yesterday and here's what they know. The ballast are in stock and they are waiting on pricing. I'll have a unit here shortly and will post the info that comes with the unit.

The sale rep was out of his office yesterday, so will know more soon. From, what i heard yesterday. The output of the unit has a very low output hertz. Also, I think these units "ARE" FFC rated. Once, I hear more. I'll post the info.
Later,
BG

D

dusty

How did they receive them with out having a price sheet already? Did you see one yourself?

D

danko

advanced is selling lumateks.....i couldnt find anything about them making there own ballast...whats the word???

Olyver

Olyver

I think it's a joke. I phoned AN in Abbotsford and NO ONE knew what I was talking about. I got transferred around to four different people/departments and each one of them was duh. The pic of the ballast in the magazine doesn't look right. If AN is coming out with a digital ballast, I'd be surprised.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Ok, first. Yes, these are real and if you don't have anything good to say. Take your shit some where's else. I'm only hear trying to info those of a new product coming out.

Once the unit is out and if there are any issues. I'm open to hear them. Yes, there have been problems with other digital ballast in the past, but with advanced Nutrients budget. I would think they will do it right.

So, for those of you waiting on the info. Here's what I heard today.

First, they will be coming with a 10 year non prorated warranty. Next, here is the output on the hertz output from each style ballast.

Coil Classic 60 output hertz
Digital Classic 1000 Hertz
Advanced Nutrients 200 hertz

Now, from what I can understand. The problem with RF noise is from the higher hertz output. So, with a lower 200 hertz over the normal 1000 hertz. This is a good thing.

Also, like i've talked about for year with the FLIR problems and no one believed me. When growing you send of to]wo different things FLIR can see. One being heat and the other being wave length.

Well, from what I'm hearing from AN. They are saying plants see and respond better to a 200 hertz. Also, AN is coming out with their own 1200 bulb. These 1000 watt will have a boost button to run the 1200 watt bulbs, so if I'm right in understanding them. You should be able to run the 1000 and 1200 watt bulbs in the 1000 watt ballast.

I'll be getting one of the first units. I'm getting a 600HPS unit. Also, they should be in my neck of the woods and for sale in a few weeks to a month most. So, once I get my unit. I'll post some pictures and list all the info that comes with it.

A few last things. I forgot to ask about them being FCC rated and RF noise, but I should hear something in a short while.

Well, there you have it. I think that covers what I wrote down on my note pad.
Take care,
BG

R

Rolln J

that sounds rad - really interested in these lots of +'s if everything is as you said - I have had some noisy magnetic hps ballasts in my day and you cant beat a digi for the low sound and low heat output as well...

just dont like being restricted with bulb choices like with the current digis - Id love a 1200 watt option - but I know that will be an expensive option if its only gonna be for/by AN...

rf interference has never been a concern - I live in the boonies and have satellite tv so no cable issues and my current digis dont interfere with my wireless router either.

has price point been discussed BG? no new reflector offerings to go with the ballast?

thx for the info bro!

K

kushpheen

You gotta love how competition continues to (hopefully) improve some of our most important devices.
-1200 watt output from a 1000 watt ballast sounds awesome
-10 year warranty displays amazing product confidence
Competitively priced? let hope!

L

lurch

thats only a 100w more than now. your current digi ballasts actually run @ 1100w.

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

That's great news!

If they bring the same kind of uncompromising quality to the lights that they bring to the nutrients I'm definitely going to be switching to their equipment.

I love their nutrients, I'm really looking forward to trying these ballasts.

Olyver

Olyver

Why not phone AN at the number in the Rosebud ad and ask them about the digital ballast and see what they tell you.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if you read the thread you will see that it has been done and people at AN dont even know it exsits

Billygoat

Billygoat

I should have my unit this Feb. I'll let everyone know once I get it and take some pictures. Me and the guys at the local hydro shop are hopping these units are well made and if they are. We are hoping they keep them that way. I'll post if I hear any more info, but it's looking like I will have my unit this Feb. Hopefully sooner then later.
Take care,
BG

O

OldSchool

Power Consumption

I have recently purchased a dimmable Lumatek, have been working find (knock on wood) had no problems with interference /:thinking I-Net or satilte, which is being used all in the same room.
I would like to see a dimmable ballast that reduces power consumption not just dim the bulb, if Iam right, Like my 1000, just because I have it set it at 60% or 75% Iam still consuming 1000watts of power (probabaly 1100-for AN=1200watts) I have ran the ballast at 6oowatts(60%) with 600 conversion bulb/Hps/MH, just to experiment, had no problems with any of them, how ever I had some concerns, so I have e-mailed Lumatek, have not heard from them yet.

Peace

L

Lost

Old School - There seems to be the idea that when dimmed the dimmable ballasts they still use full power. I do not see how that is possible. The energy would then need to be turned into heat or work. The ballasts get no hotter when dimmed so the only alternative is that they cut the power after ignition. I think someone in another forum did a test and yes, they do take less power when dimmed. (killawatt)

BG - Im really curious to heal what kind of lumen claims they have for the 1200 watt buld. Im running the 1500's and if you can account for the heat, they seem great. Im guessing that the 1200's put out about 170,000 lumens if its efficient, so cost if going to be a huge issue for them. I know your trying to keep this positive, but everyone is aware of Advanced BS marketing crap, so im not going to really believe anything from advanced untill some testers get their hands on the actual ballast with a killawatt and a lumen meter :) Im sure many others feel the same.

Top Bottom