New grow area, my first dedicated space

• Thread starter TomH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomH

TomH

I do, I’ll take a look.

I looked with a 60x loupe, they are either really tiny trichomes (my eyes are shot, I can’t see too well) or tiny respiration droplets. They are on the tops of the leaves, not the bottoms, where I presumed the transpiration takes place.
Does transpiration occur on both sides of the leaves?

Last edited:
TomH

TomH

This is the big plant in the Bay Area.
Tangerine Dream auto, just starting week eight.
It did its flowering thing, most of the pistils turned red (around 60-70%), now it’s pumping out a whole new batch of pistils and calixes. I’m not sure if some plants do that again at this point or if I goofed something up.
I’m hoping it adds a bunch of weight to the buds.

IMG 6944
IMG 6947
IMG 6946
IMG 6945
IMG 6943
IMG 6937
IMG 6938
IMG 6896
IMG 6894
IMG 6893
IMG 6892
TomH

TomH

My 4/20 flip of the golden kiwi x watermelon punch didn’t take place as I expected.

I prepared a different timer, set the time properly, set the little buttons for hours on.
Didn’t turn off the outlet/switch switch. 🤨

So, my plant was getting 24:0, when I thought it was on 12:12😂
Doggone switch.

Ok, that’s now corrected, I’ll be checking that in the future 🤔

TomH

TomH

Yesterday, pg&e lost power to my foothills location.
It dropped about 10 in the morning, during both plants light cycle, fortunately as with no fans things were getting dicey fast.
Pg&e sent a message stating after 5pm expected restoration time.

I unhinged both plants and moved them into the sun and fresh air, realizing the risk of bugs, I aired them anyway.
Turns out, 45 minutes after I extricated them, power was back.

I took the opportunity to clean as much as I could before returning everything to the proper location.

Sun did my new flip a world of good, looking like she doubled overnight. It is leggy due to being abused as a clone. I will be interested to see how it turns out.

The first plant appears to have enjoyed getting a tan and some glamour shots.

IMG 7179
IMG 7178
IMG 7177
IMG 7176
IMG 7175
TomH

TomH

Golde kiwi x watermelon punch
Clone.
Flipped 4/23/23, originally flipped 4/20, but because of 4/20 activities I forgot to turn the timer switch on 😂😂😂😳

Ok, she really is enjoying the hormonal changes from veg to flower!

IMG 7220
IMG 7221
IMG 7217
IMG 7218
IMG 7215
IMG 7219
TomH

TomH

Apples and bananas
Clone
End of week 7, expected 9 to 10.
Just chugging along now.
Feeding well, drinking well and loving the golden weeks. I’m hoping to harvest sometime in early May.

IMG 7224
IMG 7225
IMG 7226
IMG 7227
IMG 7228
TomH

TomH

I’m a bit puzzled this morning.
looking at the Apples and Bananas plant with a 40x loupe, it’s entering week 8 tomorrow, it is “supposed to be” a 9 week finisher. I’m expecting a 9 plus. If not 10, but about 60% trichomes are milky, 30% still glassy clear, the remainder are kinda milky with a little reddish dot visible in the middle.
I’d love to post a pic but have no close up camera here this week.
I’m thinking to wait, but I don‘t want to over ripen them.
From that description, do they sound near ready or wait?
I’ll be gone for a week beginning this weekend, so I have 2 days or 10 days left?

Enquring minds want to know?

TomH

TomH

Apples and bananas
Week 7, day 1 (50 days).
Expected to go 9 weeks.
Getting really close. More than half trichomes are milky, the rest are either clear or milky with a tiny red dot forming in the middle of the top.

I need to learn patience, she looks ready but I know she’s only going to get better.

I thought a brief review might be fun.
From this: to this:
IMG 3157
IMG 3235
IMG 3762
IMG 4721
IMG 5635
IMG 5673
IMG 7274
IMG 7277
IMG 7276

It’s nice watching them grow, each cycle is a learning experience.

I’m certainly looking forward to doing better in the harvest, dry and curing process.
I’m still a couple weeks out but time is nigh, no time like the present to prepare.

Enjoy the spring my friends, we broke 90 degrees, 10% humidity today, felt like just over a thousand degrees when it’s right down to the finish line.

IMG 7279
TomH

TomH

Foothills grow.
Plant 1, Apples and Bananas, clone vegged 5 weeks before flip.

Top colas looking really close, no white pistils, trichomes mainly white with a sprinkling of clear left.

I took one small branch that had become too heavy to hold itself up. There were 10 buds on the small branch, I cleaned a smaller one just to get a feel for what it’ll look like.
I’m pleased, waiting at least another week to decide when to chop.

As this plant is nearing completion, my second plant, Golden Kiwi x Watermelon Punch is in its first week after 12:12 flip.

IMG 7404
IMG 7403
IMG 7402
IMG 7333
IMG 7335
IMG 7327
IMG 7326
IMG 7324
IMG 7292
TomH

TomH

The buds are so sticky that the sugar leaves were “paper mache’d” onto the surface of the bud.

No peeling it off.

I’ll need to wet trim immediately when I give this one the chop.

IMG 7404
IMG 7402
B

BadFish_Genetics

Ok, been about three weeks since I updated the current effort.

My little clone was 4 inches tall and had six leaves on 2/7.
Today she measures about 18x18 inches across and 15 inches tall.

I have FIMMED it and currently using my horrible LST skills to square her up and level up the canopy.

I’m planning to move her into the flower tent in about two more weeks. That’s 6 weeks of vegetation since I bought her home.

I feel like I’m still battling a slight nitrogen deficiency, but can’t seem to fix it.

Some days she looks green, some days a little chlorotic, but still seems to be growing quickly, so maybe it’s the lighting that is throwing me?

View attachment 1335909View attachment 1335910View attachment 1335911View attachment 1335912
Great Job, I do see some minute signs of Heat stress here and there, heat stress causes the leaf to taco or having the edges lift up to lessen the available leaf surface area. Your Rocking and Rolling for your first Grow my friend! Keep up the fantastic work brother!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I’m a bit puzzled this morning.
looking at the Apples and Bananas plant with a 40x loupe, it’s entering week 8 tomorrow, it is “supposed to be” a 9 week finisher. I’m expecting a 9 plus. If not 10, but about 60% trichomes are milky, 30% still glassy clear, the remainder are kinda milky with a little reddish dot visible in the middle.
I’d love to post a pic but have no close up camera here this week.
I’m thinking to wait, but I don‘t want to over ripen them.
From that description, do they sound near ready or wait?
I’ll be gone for a week beginning this weekend, so I have 2 days or 10 days left?

Enquring minds want to know?
Wait longer, I'm going 11 weeks on everything now, It just seems to thicken and harden. Even at 11 weeks I don't see over 10% amber on the buds. If there's any still clear I'd hold off......I've read it on here that many are upset they cut too early buy few are upset they cut too late.......

Top Bottom