New grow area, my first dedicated space

• Thread starter TomH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TomH

TomH

Foothills plant 2.
Golden Kiwi x Watermelon Punch, clone that had been abused for a while before I got her.

It took a while to flatten out the canopy in preparation to flip. Seems to have a lot of potential bud sites.

I can see pre flower pistils, but no bud formation yet. Just starting to stretch.

IMG 7352
IMG 7351
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I like to start training fairly early so that my canopy stays low to the soil line. I get that you had some issues early on but maybe for the next run, if you do a photoperiod seed, you can train it early so you don't have to lollipop so much.

She looks like she's about to explode with flowers!!!😃

TomH

TomH

I like to start training fairly early so that my canopy stays low to the soil line. I get that you had some issues early on but maybe for the next run, if you do a photoperiod seed, you can train it early so you don't have to lollipop so much.

She looks like she's about to explode with flowers!!!😃
This was an impulse clone buy.
I had just flipped the earlier plant (just finishing up), and was out for a ride with my GF.
Stopped by the dispensary and they had one clone left. It had (no lie) 18 nodes from the top of the soil, look at the trunk of the plant, it‘s just a zigzag, if that part stretches, I’m in huge trouble.
I took it as a challenge, abused, chlorotic and really just ignored.

I probably wouldn’t do it again, but it’s been good learning.

TomH

TomH

“Expletive deleted” she threw a seed 🤨

Three actually, from one branch. Won’t know how many more until about 10 days from now.

I’m always sorta happy to get a seed or two, I hope it’s not going to be more than that.

Join us here next week, same bat time, same bat channel! 😜

IMG 7410
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

“Expletive deleted” she threw a seed 🤨

Three actually, from one branch. Won’t know how many more until about 10 days from now.

I’m always sorta happy to get a seed or two, I hope it’s not going to be more than that.

Join us here next week, same bat time, same bat channel! 😜
I think of nanners as the gift that just keeps on giving!!!

TomH

TomH

Both of my ladies that are late in flower, just clicked over another respective week towards the fragrant fruit.
Bay Area 1, tangerine dream auto, 9 weeks an 2 days of a 10-12 week session.
Most hairs have turned, but producing a lot of new white hairs every night.
Most trichomes are milky with a scattering of clear and an occasional reddish.
Slowing down on drinking now.
IMG 7444
IMG 7443
IMG 7439
IMG 7447
IMG 7441
IMG 7448
IMG 7459
IMG 7462

Foothills 1, Apples and bananas, clone. Week 8, day 1 of an expected 9 week duration. Most trichomes were milky last week, all hairs turned a pulled back into swelled calixes.
Leaves are beginning to show signs of fall.
IMG 5907
IMG 5908
IMG 5909

IMG 7456
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Both of my ladies that are late in flower, just clicked over another respective week towards the fragrant fruit.
Bay Area 1, tangerine dream auto, 9 weeks an 2 days of a 10-12 week session.
Most hairs have turned, but producing a lot of new white hairs every night.
Most trichomes are milky with a scattering of clear and an occasional reddish.
Slowing down on drinking now.
View attachment 1976433View attachment 1976434View attachment 1976435View attachment 1976436View attachment 1976437View attachment 1976438View attachment 1976440View attachment 1976441
Foothills 1, Apples and bananas, clone. Week 8, day 1 of an expected 9 week duration. Most trichomes were milky last week, all hairs turned a pulled back into swelled calixes.
Leaves are beginning to show signs of fall.
View attachment 1976442View attachment 1976443View attachment 1976444

Looking good Brother! Looks like you get to smoke some quality smoke.

TomH

TomH

Looking good Brother! Looks like you get to smoke some quality smoke.
I am truly pleased with both these grows.
Collectively, these are the 4th time for me through the process of growing from start to finish (close on this one anyway).
The nutrients appear to be very forgiving, but seems to have everything the plants want to get the job done.
I definitely need to perfect the 9th inning (dry and cure). My last one turned out good, but I lost a lot to bud rot.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I am truly pleased with both these grows.
Collectively, these are the 4th time for me through the process of growing from start to finish (close on this one anyway).
The nutrients appear to be very forgiving, but seems to have everything the plants want to get the job done.
I definitely need to perfect the 9th inning (dry and cure). My last one turned out good, but I lost a lot to bud rot.
Agreed. I've run a lot of different brands and nutrient schemes and I always come back to FloraNova. My plants never seem to be deficient in anything and the mix is so easy to do.

One of the questions I've had with the product is if it can be used in organics. The closest answer I got from GH was that, yes, there are synthetic nutrients but there are also organics in the blend. I couldn't get much more out of them so I guess the idea is to say that since there are organics surviving in the blend then it would be ok but I haven't gotten a straight yes or no out of them.

TomH

TomH

I don’t fully grasp organic growing yet to even have a guess.
I do think that is a direction I’d like to experiment with once I feel more confident in the process overall.
I’m still learning at ever frigging step. No complaints, just still feel like a rookie!

TomH

TomH

And now, for the rest of the story …
last Friday, when I was getting ready to leave the foothills location, I cut off one smallish branch from the Apples and Bananas clone there.
It was just a bit early, but not bad, a lot of white trichomes, but still a scattering of clear.
I carefully, lovingly, took care of it during the course of this week while in the Bay Area. I was able to get a decent dry on the buds that came off this branch. I didn’t weigh them, but eyeball says about the equivalent to about 5 or 6 grams from a dispo. Not a full quarter, but well over an 1/8th.
It’s dense, hard but grinds up nicely after the first “what the fuck?” twist that feels like grinding diamonds.
I took 2 decent draws, smoke is a little harsh as would be expected from a 1 week dry and no cure, but every bit as good or better than dispo weed.
I proceeded to stare at all my plants for about 10 minutes before realizing I was totally hammered! Good grow, I hope a good cure gives it a memorable taste and aroma!

Pleased! Very pleased.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

AH! The pre harvest taste test ritual. Always fun.

Crazy how terrible dispo weed is compared to homegrown. I really hope that once the Feds legalize that the industry settles into an industrial/connoisseur type of weed. Industrial for extractors and whatever other uses and connoisseur for those of us that enjoy well grown smoke.

This will allow small operators to be able to survive and fill a niche that the dispos were supposed to fill.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

And now, for the rest of the story …
last Friday, when I was getting ready to leave the foothills location, I cut off one smallish branch from the Apples and Bananas clone there.
It was just a bit early, but not bad, a lot of white trichomes, but still a scattering of clear.
I carefully, lovingly, took care of it during the course of this week while in the Bay Area. I was able to get a decent dry on the buds that came off this branch. I didn’t weigh them, but eyeball says about the equivalent to about 5 or 6 grams from a dispo. Not a full quarter, but well over an 1/8th.
It’s dense, hard but grinds up nicely after the first “what the fuck?” twist that feels like grinding diamonds.
I took 2 decent draws, smoke is a little harsh as would be expected from a 1 week dry and no cure, but every bit as good or better than dispo weed.
I proceeded to stare at all my plants for about 10 minutes before realizing I was totally hammered! Good grow, I hope a good cure gives it a memorable taste and aroma!

Pleased! Very pleased.
That’s the way...uh hu...I like it! 👍😂

TomH

TomH

Lots of activities in the foothills.
The big plant (that moniker is really incorrect as the “smaller”, bolted in the last week) had no clear trichomes remaining and probably close to 40% amber.

The formerly “small” plant now exists in the tent and fills it up much more than the previous occupant.

The harvest: Apples and Bananas.

In week two of flowering: Golden Kiwi x Watermelon Punch.

IMG 7514
IMG 7515
IMG 7516
IMG 7517
IMG 7512
IMG 7513
IMG 7511
TomH

TomH

Finally a Friday! Who-ya!

My first plant grown in the foothills is dried and moving into cure.
I can smell the change in the aroma every day. Another couple weeks I presume.
She threw some male flowers that I didn’t know about, so there are some seeds, but how bad, remains to be seen.

I smoked a couple buds and she’s certainly got a good buzz and taste.

My next plant up is a good 50% larger than the one that just came out.

It’s week 2 day 3 since flip.
She’s in soil, just near the end of stretch. Looking for stacking and weight gain.

This one is supposed to go 8 to 9 weeks. We will see.

IMG 7814
IMG 7806
IMG 7804
IMG 7813
TomH

TomH

Looking good for just short of three weeks in flower.

Golden Kiwi x Watermelon Punch, flipped 4/22/20 after I attempted a 4/20 flip but failed to slide the switch on the timer, effectively causing 48 hours of light before changing to 12:12.

I’ll be looking for male parts, seems possible.

IMG 7860
IMG 7861
IMG 7864
IMG 7863
IMG 7855
IMG 7857
TomH

TomH

Bay Area 1, star date 20230513.7

This girl is a beast!
Tangerine Dream auto
Week 10, day 2. Scheduled for 11.
She’s all white/milky in the trichomes, the odd amber shows up when searching, overall, the plant has a warmer color to her.

I have no idea how much weight there is there, but she’s a beast!!

IMG 7918
IMG 7919
IMG 7920
IMG 7922
IMG 7925
IMG 7924
IMG 7923
IMG 7927
IMG 7928
IMG 7926
IMG 7931
TomH

TomH

This is the last update for the Foothills 1 plant.
Apples and Bananas fem, clone.
Harvested and now in bottles.

She hermied on me which is going to keep me flush with seeds for a while.
Test burns are tasty, strong/sleepy, tastes like apple peels smell.

Not a big haul, I believe due to me overlooking the balls that had to show up somewhere along the way.

A fun grow in coco, but it’s far too easy to go sideways rapidly in that medium.

IMG 7706
IMG 7703
IMG 7705
IMG 7892
Top Bottom