New Grow, Trying out Ethos Genetics

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Easter Sunday Harvest Day Update-

I harvested and got everything drying last week and put everything on an accelerated drying schedule because I need to make some RSO tomorrow to continue with my cancer treatment. I have 4 oz of dispensary flower in 5 different cancer fighting strains. I will combine 2 oz of this medicine and 2 oz from my Ethos grow ( I do 4 oz batches of RSO at a time) and that will give me a great entourage effect for two more rounds of RSO and another months worth of medicine.

So now to the good stuff! I did all the final bud trim to lose all the big stems and the totals are as follows-

Purple Zkittlez (front and back on right side of tent)

1. Front row - 3.53 oz
2. Back row - 3.43 oz

Crescendo (front and back on left side of tent)

1. Front row - 4.03 oz
2. Back row - 3.4 oz

Grand Total, 4 plants, 3x3 tent, Spider Farmer SE 3000

14.39 oz!

I pulled about 20 g from each strain to stick in the freezer for processing into RSO tomorrow. I did a loose trim taking all fan leaves but leaving most of the sugar leaves since I am going for medicinal effect and not "bag appeal", but I will say, these flowers are gorgeous!

I will be posting at least one more update on this grow once I have all 4 plants tested for potency and terpene content/levels. Initially I will say that I am more than happy with Ethos Genetics! Will withhold final opinion for when I see the lab results.

View attachment 1236723View attachment 1236722View attachment 1236721View attachment 1236720
View attachment 1236727View attachment 1236726View attachment 1236725View attachment 1236724
You grew these in 3 gallon pots right? Great job brotha 🙌

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

You would have to check the state where you live, but basically, yes. I talked to my dispensary guy and asked about his testing and he gave me the name of a lab in my state. I contacted them to see if they test for self providers like myself and they said yes! $50 a pop and they send a courier to collect a 1.5 g sample, results available 4 days later. They have to send couriers because it's still illegal federally so they can't use USPS or UPS, FEDEX, etc, which I am sure makes the cost higher than it should be. I will be posting these results, good or bad, when I get them. I am on the list for. pick up the next time they come to my area so should be soon.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I have enough Ethos beans to last me a while so I'm not gonna grow some weird unknowns anymore. Not worth it. I'll be ecstatic if I can get mine to look like yours.

SativaKid

SativaKid

I recently made an order from North Atlantic Seed company for a new grow of my miracle Cancer medicine and excited to get things off to a great start! After making my mistakes on my first two grows, I have bought some seeds in the hopes of finding some great genetics. After much research and reading, I decided to give the folks over at Ethos Genetics a shot. I ordered 4 Ethos strain 5 packs of fems, Crescendo RBx, Mandarin Sunset, Purple Zkittles, Lemon Berry Candy OG, and a 5 pack of reg CBD strain called Cherry Tonic Web CBD. I was very happy with my order from NASC as there were a ton of discounts and freebies. I got over $50 in discounts and 24 free seeds on the Thanksgiving Day sale! Woohoo!

So after much thought, I have decided to go with 2 plants each of the Crescendo RBx and the Purple Zkittles. Got the seed started in 2" peat pots with some standard potting soil. I don't really mess with paper towels etc, just put them in the soil as God intended. I had thought seriously about starting one of the Ethos pre-release freebies, but I had contacted Ethos and they would not give me any information on the new strains, so I opted not to try them yet until they are released to the general public and more info can be found on the strain. These plants will eventually go in 5 gal fabric pots with Coast of Maine Stonington Blend organic soil. My nutes will be Terp Tea Grow, Bloom, Bloom Booster, Microbe Charge, and Recharge microbe supplement. I'm using a Mars Hydro TSW2000, two tent fans and an 8" inline fan bringing in fresh air.
I myself am a Hobby breeder and have engaged in a lot of arguments not of my own choosing, but because I've had friends brag about their Ethos seeds and I repeated it. Some people think something weird about his breeding but I was already headed in the same direction in my hobby breeding when I heard his theories he's the man in seed breeding. Some of these other guys are spinning hermie crap and blaming it on the grow. Weed should not hermie unless seriously stressed. But many people breed from hermie/feminized parents. And Ethos exposed them and their ways so he has many haters. I'm interested in his theories and wish I could hear other people on the same path.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Final update on this grow-

Today I received my potency/terpene test results and couldn't be happier. Almost topped 25% total THC on all 4 strains and some great anti cancer terpenes. RSO with this medicine has been super potent and almost anxiety free. Limonene is one of the best terpenes for me because it's anti cancer and also anti anxiety.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Nice numbers. How does it smoke?
I shared a couple of flowers with friends and got comments like "wow" and "one hit shit". Everyone loved it. I take mine orally using RSO that I make from the flowers but I did try a puff and have to say it tasted phenomenal and even with all the RSO in my system, it got me a nice buzz, which was surprising,

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

You rocked and the Genetics make a big difference.
Thanks Bro and I agree that the genetics made a difference!

I will say, however, and it didn't hurt me too bad, but I did have a hermie somewhere along the line in this grow. Never saw it and I looked. It had to happen early in the flower stage because all the seeds I have found were mature (I have found ~20 seeds and saw more in the jar when I made RSO both times). I have an experienced grower friend who runs his own dispensary and never uses feminized seeds and blames the hermie issue on techniques used to make feminized seeds and claims you cannot get away from hermies with fem seeds. My Ethos grow went pretty smoothly and I do not recall any major stressing of the plants, especially early in flower, but it could have happened. My thoughts are there could have been a minor stress or two along the way but nothing that ever worried me so I would not blame these seeds on a major stress incident.

It's interesting that I have recently been exploring Brothers Grimm and his claim to fame is that he has discovered how to make fem seeds that DO NOT hermie. I have 3 BG strains going into the 2nd week of flower so we shall see.

Overall, I am very pleased with ETHOS and will use their strains again. Love that Purple Zkittlez and want to pick up more of those seeds!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Hey Everyone!

Thank you to @ImpulsiveGrower for nominating me and a photo from this grow for POTM contest. If you like the photo, please go on over and show some love for a beautiful close up of my 25% THC Crescendo plant!

Thanks all for you support and thank you IG.

emeraldtrinity

emeraldtrinity

I have a total n00b [kinda] question for you, SweetLeafGrow. What did you use to water your plants in such a crowded space without disturbing the colas much?

Top Bottom