New Grow, Trying out Ethos Genetics

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Cruising along, day 30 flower, about half way through and the Ethos girls are looking good. I think they are done stretching and looking forward to some nice flowers.

Here is a group photo and some close ups I took while getting used to this new digital microscope I got to better look at the trichomes for harvest. This tool will give me the best look I have had so far at when it's best to harvest. The photos are very cool and what a beautiful plant God created.

IMG 0234
IMG 0227
IMG 0228
IMG 0229
IMG 0230
IMG 0231
IMG 0232
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks Bro @jguit!

BTW, I have been wondering since you said what your handle/name means, what kind of guitars you have?

I have a couple of Gibsons, a Gretsch, and a couple of Taylor acoustics. Almost forgot, my amp is a Mesa Boogie Stiletto.....love that tube amp thingy. I love playing guitar as much as growing cannabis!

Last edited:
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Thanks Bro @jguit!

BTW, I have been wondering since you said what your handle/name means, what kind of guitars you have?

I have a couple of Gibsons, a Gretsch, and a couple of Taylor acoustics.
1968 Gibson SG
1962 Fender Jaguar
Late 70s Fender Tele
1984 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1990's Epiphone Dot (surprisingly this one gets the most play)

Those are my main ones but then a bunch of assorted stuff I've built over the years, tele's, strats and other oddballs.

I also have a double cutaway Les Paul Jr. that was in a flood and needs to be repaired at some point. Not sure what year it is.

I love playing guitar as much as growing cannabis!
You and me both! haha

Last edited:
jguit

jguit

Supporter
The 60's and 70's guitars were purchased by sheer luck from one of my dad's buddies back in the early 90s when i was actively playing in bands. They were practically given to me. lol

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

3/15 Update-

Beginning of week 6 flower, day 35 today. I am cautiously optimistic about the final outcome of this grow, about 3 weeks left and things are looking pretty good. Lots of frost on all 4 plants now and starting to stack flowers now. I think some of these flowers are going to be massive (at least to me) with nodes practically on top of nodes. I am also noticing for both Purple Zkittlez and the Crescendo in the back all have very rigid and stiff branching, I think due to the addition of silica in this grow. the Crescendo in the front doesn't seem as stiff and the flowers on here might need additional support, which I have decided I will do with stakes and not the trellis net, which I hate those things. I think 3 of the 4 will support themselves but that fourth one as it stands will likely need some support.

These two strains are suggested by the breeder to finish in 8-9 weeks. My thoughts so far on this are that the Purple Zkittlez and one of the Crescendo plants will finish closer to the 8 week mark where the Crescendo in the front has been showing more of her Sativa roots and I predict she will finish closer to the 9 week mark or even a bit afterward. Time will tell, but those are my predictions.

The flowers are getting more beautiful by the day. I think Ethos got a couple of good strains here, even though the Crescendo is showing a couple different pheno's. Can't wait to see what they do in the last 3 weeks and if they will get any color. I have been keeping the night time temps at around 70F but will start letting that dip into the upper 60's and a bit lower as time for harvest draws near. Shooting for 40% RH now through the end of the grow. Temps are warming up now and the furnace is not working so hard so the RH has gone up in recent days, had to turn the humidifier off and will likely have to run the dehuey if temps continue to climb as we head into Spring.

As far as the nutrients schedule, I am about at the max manufacturer recommended since I started out conservatively and working up. The current schedule has the A and B formulas being reduced as the flower stacker is increased. Following the simple directions with the idea that less is more and also to build up to the recommended doses slowly starting on the low side. So far I have not noticed any nutrient excess and maybe a slight cal/mag def last time I fed. The cal/mag formula is the one that I have been giving the max dose since this was a problem early in this grow because I am using RO water and use LED lights. I have been giving the max dose on feeding Friday and even a bit extra middle of the week, not a lot, just like 1.5 ml per gallon.

Other than that, things are going well and blown away by the beauty of this plant...

IMG 0727
IMG 0728
IMG 0730
IMG 0731
IMG 0733
IMG 0735
IMG 0736
IMG 0737
IMG 0738
IMG 0739
IMG 0740
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Nice healthy looking plants ! 💪
Thanks Bro! 3rd grow and I am starting to dial things in a bit I guess. These genetics are great and the new nutrients I have been using simplified everything, at least for me and what works for me. So far so good, thank you for your encouragement!

So I have been playing with the new microscope and what amazing pictures I couldn't resist sharing. Enjoy!

IMG 0237
IMG 0238
IMG 0239
IMG 0240
IMG 0241
IMG 0242
IMG 0243
IMG 0244
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

You're killing it. Week 6? Now you're just landing the space ship.. Looks awesome!
Thanks jguit! Yup, week 6!

This makes me wanna do a 4 plant grow in a 3x3. You have variety and the plants aren’t drinking you out of house and home. The training paid off huh? Love those bushes you got there keep it up!!!
They are drinking quite a bit! 3 gallons at a time almost every other day now. I'm bringing in water from town till I get my new RO set up, which should be in the next couple of weeks. And yes, the LST has really helped to make nice bushes. Thank you for all your great guidance!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Thanks jguit! Yup, week 6!

They are drinking quite a bit! 3 gallons at a time almost every other day now. I'm bringing in water from town till I get my new RO set up, which should be in the next couple of weeks. And yes, the LST has really helped to make nice bushes. Thank you for all your great guidance!
That’s not too bad bc the ones in my 5x5 will be drinking a gallon or more a day that’s atleast 5 gallons every day!!! My first grow in that space was a shit show lol.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Day 37 and the Crescendo gal in the back is really starting to blossom beautifully. I wish I would have been set up to take a clone off her! Next time I will be prepared.

Anyhow, I have been slowly bringing the night time temps down into the upper 60's, RH 30-40% now and will keep the RH there to the end. I am aiming for the last 10 days or so to be around 65F at night and thinking this will help bring out the max terp profile. A longtime medical grower friend had suggested going 11/13 lights for the last week. Not sold on that but would love to hear what some of you experts think of that idea. My friend swears by it and I have seen his grows and they are impressive.

I am also thinking that beginning to lower the night time temps is starting to bring out some beautiful colors. Below is one of the flowers from the Crescendo Rbx1 (right side of tent in the back). This was the first of the 4 to frost up and is still the nicest looking gal in the tent, simply gorgeous. I noticed this morning she is starting to get some nice purple hues on the colas. I still have about 23 days left and it's shaping up to be sweet, if I can maintain it! Check it out...

I'm also loving the yellowish tint to the buds together with the frostiness of all the trichomes.

IMG 0247

Chem77

Chem77

I’ve been watching this as I just started two crescendo from seed. My buddy grew one and it was pretty damn good.
Your buds look great, nice work! Looking forward to your end review.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Your buds look great, nice work! Looking forward to your end review.
Thanks Bro!

Yea, so far I am loving this strain! I've never had such frosty flowers to I'm super pumped. If you look at one of the group photos, you will see there are definitely at least two distinct pheno's coming out of Ethos, not saying that is good or bad, just an observation. The one in the back that is purpling up definitely looks to be more Indica dominant while the one in the front appears to be leaning more to the Sativa side.

Looking forward to following your Crescendo grow if you are doing a grow diary!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Cruising along, day 39. I bought some stakes to support the Crescendo in the front as the flowers are really starting to stack up and I was afraid they would snap a branch. The other 3 gals are stout as all get out so I do not think they need any additional support, but I will keep an eye on them.

I'm loving the Humboldts Secret nutes, they are super simple and the results I think speak for themselves. I see very little if any nutrient burning going on, of course I have an untrained eye but I don't really see any excesses either. Love the 3 gallon pots as they allow more windows to feed on a regular schedule. They are drinking about 3 gallons every 3 days currently.

IMG 0742
IMG 0743
IMG 0744
IMG 0745
IMG 0746
IMG 0747
IMG 0748
IMG 0749
IMG 0750
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Made a video update for today, day 45 flower, got about two weeks left and will get the best look at harvest trichomes I have had yet with the new digital microscope. Still hoping they put on a lot more weight before the chop, not sure what to expect. This looks to be my best grow yet out of the other 2, which yielded about 2 oz per plant, hoping for at least 3 oz per this time. I was a bit concerned about mold, especially with the Purple Zkittles. The buds on the one in the front are super fat all the way down the stem. I'm pretty sure I have enough air movement and keeping the RH down below 40% so just me being a bit nervous coming up on the end of the grow.

Last edited:
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Having a bit of a hard time getting the video to upload, will try again later when the website isn't acting so wonky.

Meanwhile, I took a few more closeups. Getting some amber with lots of milky trich's.

Edit: Looks like all media types are having issues with the website. Will try to upload everything a bit later.

Top Bottom