New Grow, Trying out Ethos Genetics

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
steamroller

steamroller

In the same boat on vids . Others were mentioning it yesterday also .
We could both post our videos if we wanted to publish them on Youtube it appears ?
I'll take a hard pass on that though .😏

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Hopefully the video is uploaded. Took some more closeups of the trich's just to get an idea of where we are today. Still lots of maturing to do from what I can tell. Ethos says 8-9 weeks so we shall see! Getting super excited...

IMG 0754
IMG 0755
IMG 0756
IMG 0757
IMG 0758
IMG 0759
steamroller

steamroller

They look great !

My Crescendo are just like yours ! 2 phenos .
I almost flipped this morning as I thought I found a flower[herm] on one of the buds but on closer inspection it was a calyx.
The one pheno is fat with them while the other has different structure .
Auto pilot for sure ! 😎

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Day 54 flower and cruising along on auto pilot. Been keeping the daytime temps in the mid 70's with night time dropping to around 66-68F, RH in the 30's range.

I looked at the trichomes a couple of days ago and we're getting there but still a ways to go, lots of beginning amber on the sugar leaves, none on the flowers themselves yet. Lots of white pistils still, many are changing color. One clue to me is they are still drinking quite a bit of water, no drop in water intake at all. I fed them for the last time on Friday, low side of the main nutes and blasted them with the max on the bloom side.
Lots of nice colors happening, mostly with the two Purple Zkittlez on the left. Lots of purple coming out on the one in the back and interestingly, the one in the front is turning a beautiful chocolate brown on the sugar leaves surrounding the main pistil cluster. Crescendo in the back has a nice coating of trichomes that gives it a sugary aura and interestingly, this one has pistils, just not many of them. It's a beautiful gal for sure. You can't really see from the photos but the flowers down the stem are so gorgeous. I will try to get some good photos when I get to harvest. The Crescendo in the front has her own beauty and a very different pheno from the one in the back, she is also getting some nice colorful fade going on. I'm guessing a week to 10 days left, perhaps more but we're getting close and I am super stoked. I'm confident this crop is going to make some killer cancer fighting medicine.

Thanks for following along guys!

IMG 0771
IMG 0773
IMG 0774
IMG 0776
IMG 0778
IMG 0780
IMG 0786
IMG 0787
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Day 58 flower update-

Yesterday was a challenging day and I made some mistakes, hopefully all will be well. We had severe winds and power went out for about 3 hours. I was around at the time so I pulled all the girls out of the tent and put them by windows. Once the power was restored, I put them back in the tent but forgot to reset the timer....doht! I got home from work about midnight and panicked when I saw the lights on still when they should have went off at 9. To make matters worse by an hour, I reset the timer but put it at the correct time instead of an hour back for the stupid daylight savings time BS. 4 hours total extra light they had yesterday so I am hoping for the best here. Anyone reading ever had a similar issue? If so, what was the outcome?

Anyhow, other than that, the only other news I have is that I thought these strains were 8 week strains but somehow I was wrong about that. The Crescendo is 9-10 weeks and the Purple Zkittlez is 9 weeks according to Ethos. Next Monday will be the end of week 9 so the PZ should be ready by then. I looked at trichomes again today and will put a few pics. Seeing some amber but mainly on sugar leaves. I tried to get some shots of the tops of flowers, is that the best place to look for amber when determining harvest time??? I know we should not look at the sugar leaves for that.

Purple Zkittles (front)
IMG 0391
IMG 0392

Crescendo (front)

IMG 0393

Crescendo (back)

IMG 0394
IMG 0396

Purple Zlittlez (back)

IMG 0397
IMG 0398

Took a few shots from above-
Purple Zkittlez (front)

IMG 0399

Crescendo (front)

IMG 0400

Crescendo (back)

IMG 0401

Purple Zkittlez (back)

IMG 0402

Here are the latest close ups. Still trying to figure out exactly where to look for harvest clues.

IMG 0381
IMG 0382
IMG 0383
IMG 0384
IMG 0385
IMG 0386
IMG 0387
IMG 0388
IMG 0389

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Day 64 update-

Today was harvest day for the 2 Purple Zkittlez. Cut em down, trimmed em up. and hung em up to dry.

First is the gal that was front row, Purple Zkittlez 1
View attachment 1235292View attachment 1235293View attachment 1235294View attachment 1235295View attachment 1235296View attachment 1235297View attachment 1235298View attachment 1235299View attachment 1235300

Purples Zkittlez 2 back row
View attachment 1235301
View attachment 1235302

View attachment 1235303
View attachment 1235305View attachment 1235306View attachment 1235304Such a satisfying feeling right? Awesome job man each run is going to get better and better. You will find yourself experimenting with different styles of growing to find your favorite. You inspired me to do a 4 plant run in a 3x3. You still trying to run some hydro?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Awesome job man each run is going to get better and better. You will find yourself experimenting with different styles of growing to find your favorite. You inspired me to do a 4 plant run in a 3x3. You still trying to run some hydro?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks IG! Yea, I can already see myself doing that.....more experience equals more chances to take a chance! That's awesome that I could inspire you, I'm honored bro.

You still trying to run some hydro?

Yes! I am still working on that room and almost finished. The floor is finished and all I have to do is some base trim, install a couple electric heaters, a utility sink, and finally the RO system I bought. Shouldn't be too long. As soon as the Brothers Grimm/Ace Seeds plants are flipped, I will be able to set up the hydro in the new room for a fresh run of two plants in their own tent. I was hoping to run the Grape Gas at that time but if it doesn't work out, I have a plan B. I just picked up some strains from Brother Mendel who advertises here at the Farm. These are looking like possible candidates to run in the hydro.

Are you planning on running the Ethos Lemon Berry Candy OG soon? Can't wait to see what you do with them.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thought I would give an update on the two remaining gals in the tent, the Crescendo girls. They are looking good but I did not think these two were ready and I wanted to experiment a bit and just see how the trichomes mature. I have heard more amber translates into more sedative effect and I am very cool with that.

First is Crescendo 2 back row, my favorite.

IMG 0836
IMG 0835

IMG 0841

IMG 0842

Crescendo 1 front row
IMG 0839
IMG 0840
IMG 0838

They are getting close, just not there yet imo.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Day 65 and the Crescendo are done! Took a look at the trichs today and seeing around 5-10% so I cut em down, trimmed em up and hung em to dry. I will be finalizing this grow diary once everything is dried and curing. I will be getting all 4 of these plants tested for potency and terpene profiles and will post them here when I have the results as well as final yield weights. I have only one other successful grow to judge by which yielded me 8.5 oz from 4 plants in this same tent. I can't be sure yet, but judging from the hanging branches, it seems I have more this time and they seem firmer and bigger overall so I am hopeful for 10+ oz yield.

I will be using 2 ounces, 1/2 ounce from each of these plants and combining it with 2 ounces of dispensary strains high in anti cancer terpenes to make another batch of RSO. I am certain these strains, from the research I have done, will also be good in anti cancer terpenes, also should be high in THC as well. I am very close to being cancer free but I still need to persevere through what has been a brutal battle.

First up is Crescendo 1 (front)

IMG 0874
IMG 0875
IMG 0876
IMG 0878
IMG 0880
IMG 0881
IMG 0860
IMG 0859
IMG 0858

I will have to post another time for the other Crescendo to get her photos. She was my favorite for the whole grow and I took a few more of her. 💚

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Thanks IG! Yea, I can already see myself doing that.....more experience equals more chances to take a chance! That's awesome that I could inspire you, I'm honored bro.

Yes! I am still working on that room and almost finished. The floor is finished and all I have to do is some base trim, install a couple electric heaters, a utility sink, and finally the RO system I bought. Shouldn't be too long. As soon as the Brothers Grimm/Ace Seeds plants are flipped, I will be able to set up the hydro in the new room for a fresh run of two plants in their own tent. I was hoping to run the Grape Gas at that time but if it doesn't work out, I have a plan B. I just picked up some strains from Brother Mendel who advertises here at the Farm. These are looking like possible candidates to run in the hydro.

Are you planning on running the Ethos Lemon Berry Candy OG soon? Can't wait to see what you do with them.
I got you on some Grape Gas clones if you want. I got the supplies to make another aerocloner to up production power! The lemon berry may come out when you run those lemon OG Kush. I think it would be a good cultivar for some crosses. I’m loving the grape gas and having a sweet flavor with the gas on the back end is my favorite so I wanna make some crosses with that terpene profile. We wanna see the new room drop a teaser!
0040A0CC 506A 41BF 8231 A7A3EE8BC105

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Easter Sunday Harvest Day Update-

I harvested and got everything drying last week and put everything on an accelerated drying schedule because I need to make some RSO tomorrow to continue with my cancer treatment. I have 4 oz of dispensary flower in 5 different cancer fighting strains. I will combine 2 oz of this medicine and 2 oz from my Ethos grow ( I do 4 oz batches of RSO at a time) and that will give me a great entourage effect for two more rounds of RSO and another months worth of medicine.

So now to the good stuff! I did all the final bud trim to lose all the big stems and the totals are as follows-

Purple Zkittlez (front and back on right side of tent)

1. Front row - 3.53 oz
2. Back row - 3.43 oz

Crescendo (front and back on left side of tent)

1. Front row - 4.03 oz
2. Back row - 3.4 oz

Grand Total, 4 plants, 3x3 tent, Spider Farmer SE 3000

14.39 oz!

I pulled about 20 g from each strain to stick in the freezer for processing into RSO tomorrow. I did a loose trim taking all fan leaves but leaving most of the sugar leaves since I am going for medicinal effect and not "bag appeal", but I will say, these flowers are gorgeous!

I will be posting at least one more update on this grow once I have all 4 plants tested for potency and terpene content/levels. Initially I will say that I am more than happy with Ethos Genetics! Will withhold final opinion for when I see the lab results.

IMG 0458
IMG 0457
IMG 0456
IMG 0455

IMG 0887
IMG 0886
IMG 0885
IMG 0884

Top Bottom