new grower knows nothing!!! help

• Thread starter alexnewgrowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alexnewgrowr

a lot of new people to growing think watering the soil every day and giving the plant lots of nutes is gonna make it grow fast.. again less is more. do not keep the soil soaked all the time.. thats my best advice. the roots need air. like was said before lift the cup and when its really lite water again. the plants container can be bone dry for a day or two with no issues. the plant itself will start to wilt when its been to long. key is watering when the plant is dry but before the plant wilts. that will get the roots stretching. better the roots, better the plant, better the weight. dont over think it. really not that hard once you learn basics. Stoners due this everyday lol.
Am I supposed to water until it spills out of the bottom of the cup?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
that soil has time released nutes in it. you wont need any nutes for veg IMO. Id just get some bloom nutes for down the road. they look happy man. keep up the good work

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Am I supposed to water until it spills out of the bottom of the cup?

most times you water till you have run off from the bottom. again make sure that cup drys out before next watering. could be a couple days but more than likely your good till another 5 days or so. depends on the environment , air circulation etc..

A

alexnewgrowr

Thanks man...ok ill wait it out...so veg is the state there in and bloom is with buds?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
yes. once they start to flower cause of the changed light schedule that is called bloom.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
That reminds me..my light cycle is from 12 pm to about sevenpm is that about right?
12 noon to 7pm? if so no not close.. dont take this the wrong way ok. you really need to read up on the basics of growing. there are a few basics rules when dealing with this plant. super easy really. you gotta do your share and know the basics and others will help you along the way no problem.

Marijuana triggers flowering when it has at least 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness. giving the plant 12.5 plus hours of light will keep it in veg for the most part. there are exceptions to this rule but I wont get into them as to not confuse you and I doubt they apply here
starting from seed the plant needs around 35-45 days before its mature enough to to even flower. so with that light schedule it wont trigger flowering till its mature. most who grow will put the plant on a 18/6 light schedule. 18 hours on 6 hours off with complete darkness. some will just leave the light on 24 hours. Im a fan of some darkness. lots happen at the roots when lights are out. complete darkness is important. not kinda dark with light on in the distance. or having it in a room where at night the light stays off but tv is on. complete darkness with no light interruption.

again brush up on the basics. search google with terms like marijuana basic growing etc.. read up and dont be afraid to search the forums here for key words.

Dunge

Dunge

Thanks man...ok ill wait it out...so veg is the state there in and bloom is with buds?
I love this thread alexthenew.
Reminds me of how perfect my ignorance was fifty years ago pulling ditch weed leaf, thinking it would be smokable. It wasn't.
Here it is.
We are growing female flowers to full maturation and excluding all pollen.
These un-pollinated flowers produce the desirable products thcfarmers strive for.
Your seeds are most likely photoperiod flowering annual plants.
They may be feminized of regular.
If regular, they might be male.
In about six weeks you will have the pleasure of searching for a female.
You will heartlessly kill any males.
In a few months you can think of changing the lighting to 12/12 and spending the following 8 to 10 weeks maintaining the environment and hiding the smell.
I'm looking forward to seeing it work.
You may get some guff for using that soil.
It's fine.
By the time you finish the bag you will have a good idea what to buy next.
In the meantime, resist buying anything.
Collecting additives and elixirs is inevitable, but be warned, most are not needed.

A

alexnewgrowr

Thank you both for the criticism, I came for alot of info and got it...lol i was reading everthing you said went into the process...wow, I had a feeling my space was to small..or not big enough for all of that,Thanks everybody wish me luck.

Supergoo

Supergoo

Hey Alex,

A couple quick things that may help you a lot.

1. Before you even think about germinating your first seed, you should go and read/watch videos about growing and get started growing cannabis. There is a lot of stuff to understand if you want to properly cultivate something worth smoking or even keeping your plant alive at all. Google is your best friend.

2. Have EVERYTHING you need before you start growing. Nutes, PH/PPM meters, etc...

3. Personally I found/find coco coir to be much easier to start out growing with as a medium(i.e soil, hydroponics). I have grown in soil, coco, DWC hydro. I prefer coco for many different reasons. Not to say that the other two dont have their own benefits as well. Personal choice.

4. If you are going to be height restricted your going to want to buy a cheap light timer and start 12/12 light schedule right from the start. Also I didnt really read what your living situation was but if you are trying to be secretive about it, your going to have to buy some sort of carbon filtration system because even a small plant can wreak up your whole room.

5. Never grow more than 1 plant in the same container unless it is a big enough container, fyi the cups you are using arent even close to being big enough, might, might, be ok for 1 very small one although yield will suffer. Smallest I would go(personally) is 1gal containers.

Final thing I'll leave you with is a link to my cheap micro grow journal, it should cover almost everything you could ask.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/under-350-micro-grow-journal-complete-with-pics.63763/

-SG

A

alexnewgrowr

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post all helpful suggestions, before I found the forum I did alot of googleing and watched some vids and Ill continue that search good luck to all of you....just that 12 hrs of absolutely 0 light is bringing this to a slower speed but im usually good at finding a way to get things done. If all goes well I will post pics.

Thank you
Ang:cigar:

Dunge

Dunge

just that 12 hrs of absolutely 0 light is bringing this to a slower speed
What?
To be clear, that 12 hours of dark is a thing you learned that you will need do in the future flowering phase, right?
For now, just give them as much light as you like.
Many growers light seedlings 24/7
As for innovation, there is nothing better than lashing up a modification.
I hope this isn't a stealth grow.
Being able to set up a tight plastic tent with a fan driven vent is very desirable for flowering.
Keep us updated please.
We all started our relationship with this plant in our own way.
Learning how to grow it can be very satisfying, but challenges can shock even an experienced grower.
Thcfarmer has been the source of 90% of what I think I know about growing.

A

alexnewgrowr

Well now im confused...I started the 12/12 cycle at 10 am and turned them off at 10pm and I have them sitting in 0 light right now should I discontinue this cycle till later like Dunge said? I also went to osh for cfls they only had a two pack of 5000k I look online and ppl where saying they had done it this way I think there both 5000k and 100w.

A

alexnewgrowr

I guess it is what you call a stealth grow because the only space i have is that pic i can make more room height wise though.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
unless you have a tiny space t0 grow with very little height dont put the plant in 12/12 yet.. keep it 18/6 or leave it on all day.

Ive gotten lighting fixture from homedepot. http://www.homedepot.com/b/Lighting...ting-Vanity-Lighting/N-5yc1vZc7prZ12l1?NCNI-5

and used them with y connections so I can put 2 bulbs in each socket.. Ive only dont it with moms but a good way to get a lot of bulbs in one spot. just an idea.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Well now im confused...I started the 12/12 cycle at 10 am and turned them off at 10pm and I have them sitting in 0 light right now should I discontinue this cycle till later like Dunge said? I also went to osh for cfls they only had a two pack of 5000k I look online and ppl where saying they had done it this way I think there both 5000k and 100w.

As you can see there is a world of help available to you here on the Farm, But be ever mindful Do your home work and read up on HOW TO GROW>>>>>>
I have been growing for a very short period. I started like you see PIC #1
4WeeksOMG

Just learning trying to much too soon.....
I made a light bar with 8 CFL and Read READ till I had enough to be a bit more up on how to do it,,,, for sure the farm can and dose Shave off years of mistakes for new growers with all the help they give.
Now I grow this. PIC 2
10 1 14UD Flower 5a
When space is limited.
You can too
very short tight plants use little room to grow make it fit your grow all it will take is to study up on how to do it on the farm in the Grow forums you will find it all AND MAKE SURE get the right supplies to make you babies happy.
Much support and positive Vibes to you
Feel free to pM me
FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

unless you have a tiny space t0 grow with very little height dont put the plant in 12/12 yet.. keep it 18/6 or leave it on all day.

Ive gotten lighting fixture from homedepot. http://www.homedepot.com/b/Lighting...ting-Vanity-Lighting/N-5yc1vZc7prZ12l1?NCNI-5

and used them with y connections so I can put 2 bulbs in each socket.. Ive only dont it with moms but a good way to get a lot of bulbs in one spot. just an idea.

Look at the threads @cannapits is posting the lights the box the grow
TOU CAN DO IT
keep it green Bro

A

alexnewgrowr

Whats your thoughts on defoliation? Sounds promising less leaves more buds.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

KISS ! ! ! ! ! !
right now just keep to the very simple of techniques, like the amount and hours of light times, container size, and space
having the right food for your plants,
start looking at other stuff after you have had a grow under ya belt.
IMHO it is EZer to go slow then will be better for it.

lights
soil
time
feed
read read read
Its all in great fun and the pride you get when you spark up your 1st bowl of your own grown bud......
Its way sweet feeling
Stay with it A man
flyJ

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter

I do it all the time. But I run a bunch of plants and lots of lights. not needed now in your setup. we need to get these growing. maybe train them a bit on how to grow , transplant them to final pots and then sex them down the road praying we get at least one female. or we start again.

Top Bottom