new grower knows nothing!!! help

• Thread starter alexnewgrowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urbanfog

urbanfog

no offense. but for now dont remove anything. You want root structure and vegetative growth for right now. If anything, read on LST (low stress training) , Topping and maybe super cropping. This is the ime when you train and build roots working towards a happy, flowering, strong girl :)

A

alexnewgrowr

Ok will do, so about those lights I had no choice but to go with the 5000k is this a big waste there 100w im only using one for now I just need another lamp that will make two, maybe I should get two more. I also need the 2700k light now right? Or do i get that later?

A

alexnewgrowr

Ok so my plant has those claws i read its a ph deficiency...does this look like the case?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
bulb you got now is fine. 5000k is more like natural sunlight . 2700k would be more for flowering. I cant see the bulb you are using caue of the lamp shade but most cfl's arent 100 watts. they are like 40 something thats equal to 100 watt regular bulb.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
cant tell anything from that pic. should really be having any issues at this stage really. unless your water is way out of wack. worse case use so store bought water to feed but I dont see an issue yet.

A

alexnewgrowr

bulb you got now is fine. 5000k is more like natural sunlight . 2700k would be more for flowering. I cant see the bulb you are using caue of the lamp shade but most cfl's arent 100 watts. they are like 40 something thats equal to 100 watt regular bulb.
Ok cool thanks for responding so fast heres a pic of the bulb so you can see it...im using bottled water i was going to get this bottled water with i think 6.5 or higher ph maybe 7.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
in soil 6.5 to 7.5 is perfect ph so I wouldnt worry. those bulbs are 23 watts. not 100. says it right on package. its fine for now but your gonna need more light if you wanna get any kind of weight from a single plant. we all start somewhere. and im helping you so you get the basics down. this is a learning experience. dont expect a lot of weight from buds with this setup.

A

alexnewgrowr

Yeah i saw that the guy said it was like 100w.... i dont know anyway i dont expect much some would be cool but its more just to see if i have a "green thumb"

A

alexnewgrowr

I was on this site that worried me by saying in big bold letter "you should never use soil with time release nutes because it can burn your plants and release nutes at the wrong time" now since cannapits you spotted this and didnt mention that so im having mixed feelings.

A

alexnewgrowr

no offense. but for now dont remove anything. You want root structure and vegetative growth for right now. If anything, read on LST (low stress training) , Topping and maybe super cropping. This is the ime when you train and build roots working towards a happy, flowering, strong girl :)
This is not offensive...dont think i take anything anyone says on her offensive it sounds like everyone wants to help Ive already gotten more then i had expected thank you all I know at times it seems like i dont understand but for the most part im really getting it im just trying to take it all in so if i do ask something i had already asked i just dont remember asking...bare with me:banghead:

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
in an ideal situation you shouldnt use a soil with those time release pellets.. that soil isnt designed for marijuana. its for flower etc and made to give them food for 6 months.. with all that said. Ive grown a ton of plants in MG soil and never had issues. I lived in a small town and couldnt get any good soil anywhere else so I went to lowes.. dont stress out about it man. doubt it will be an issue. overwatering the plant , potential for bugs etc. lot more things to worry about than that soil. heres a pic. all done in same soil you are using.. no nutes in veg. molasses with every watering for first 4 weeks and 5 doses of nutes in 8 weeks. super simple. outdoors I feed a dose of nutes every week and water way more often. all same soil you are using.
Tw group shot
Tw3 3
LavsMB and kodiak

A

alexnewgrowr

Man those look great all outdoor wow what strain is/are those? Man see im hoping for at least a half..but anything is good just to say i did something right. Thanks for those pics man.

Supergoo

Supergoo

Whats your thoughts on defoliation? Sounds promising less leaves more buds.

Defoliation is deff not for a new grower, please do not try this. Also I have grown 30+ plants 12/12 straight from seed, all it does is keeps your plants shorter and induces flowering a little quicker. Take a look at my under $350 micro grow thread I linked you.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Defoliation is deff not for a new grower, please do not try this. Also I have grown 30+ plants 12/12 straight from seed, all it does is keeps your plants shorter and induces flowering a little quicker. Take a look at my under $350 micro grow thread I linked you.
I only do 12/12 from seed when messing with pure sativas inside. help keep them manageable. good link brother.

A

alexnewgrowr

I did thanks, im pretty sure i have good ventalation being in a box(studio apt) with the windows open and ac on for short periods im still going to get a small fan to put in my grow space.

Supergoo

Supergoo

I did thanks, im pretty sure i have good ventalation being in a box(studio apt) with the windows open and ac on for short periods im still going to get a small fan to put in my grow space.

Nice, check out supercropping. Supercropping is fairly easy to understand and you can do it in flower, so 12/12 from seed wont be a problem whereas topping will stress your plants out too much in flower(not to say it cant be done, just wouldnt personally reccomend it). It helps keeps plants cannopies even and regulate upward growth, as well as creating multiple tops if done correctly. I will link 2 plants below that were grown 12/12 from seed, and supercropped. first one is DNA- strawberry banana, second pic is The White S1's

Photo 35
Photo 36

-SG

A

alexnewgrowr

On both plants i swear i see little white powdery spots just one on both...fungus?

organicpanic

organicpanic

Get some general gardening experience. Read some books. Learn about soil and roots and fungus and microbes. Vegetables and flowers and shrubs and trees. Bugs and butterfly's and bats and birds. Construction framing drywall and electricity. All these things bring life into a grow!

A

alexnewgrowr

Wait thats good...nice:woot:
I also read that white powder on the leaves was fungus so yeah i was worried but ill take the farmers word thanks.

Top Bottom