new grower knows nothing!!! help

• Thread starter alexnewgrowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nef420

Nef420

Feed as in add nutrients with the water. But yea. Are you just using water?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
really depends on the soil you used. most times you dont need nutes for the first 30 days or so. if you do decide to feed go light. less is more in soil. remember it takes 5 to 7 days for the plants to show results of what you fed them in soil.

Nef420

Nef420

really depends on the soil you used. most times you dont need nutes for the first 30 days or so. if you do decide to feed go light. less is more in soil. remember it takes 5 to 7 days for the plants to show results of what you fed them in soil.[/quote
I use Kellogg soil I get drone homedepot and I never knew about less is more. Lol I use more in soil than I do in my hydro set up. Lol but!!!! I consider myself a beginner and always take in advice or ideas!

A

alexnewgrowr

Pretty much a cup of soil and yeah just watering exept for today i switched to dixie cups and added some new soil. I was reading about plant food the only kind i remember was fox farm are these drops or is it just soil,light and water? Do i need more than that

Nef420

Nef420

Fox farm has soil and a nutrient line from what I know. I use "general hydroponics". It's 3 part. Like there's 3 main types that you would buy and mix them together in gallons there's a small chart on the bottle to help you with how much to add and stuff. I'm a cheap-ass mofo so I think their pretty expensive. Lol like 12-15$ a quart. Idk maybe not that expensive. But when I started I used to use the chart and watered them with the nutrient water like every 2 days and regular water in between those 2 days only if the dirt felt too dry.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I barely use any nutes for the first 30 days of veg. then in flower I give a dose of food once a week. less is always more in soil. I think a one part nute would be easier for a first time grower. something like floranova is my favorite. cheaper , concentrated and only a veg and a bloom. super easy. Pic below got nothing but water for 30 days. then water and molasses and no more than 5 doses of nutes over 8 weeks. less is more.
Pk 4

A

alexnewgrowr

I barely use any nutes for the first 30 days of veg. then in flower I give a dose of food once a week. less is always more in soil. I think a one part nute would be easier for a first time grower. something like floranova is my favorite. cheaper , concentrated and only a veg and a bloom. super easy. Pic below got nothing but water for 30 days. then water and molasses and no more than 5 doses of nutes over 8 weeks. less is more.
View attachment 446942
Ok and what is molasses?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Molasses is a byproduct from refining sugarcane. I wouldnt worry about that. Ive been at this 25 years. one step at a time.

A

alexnewgrowr

Ok MOLASSES...lol... 25 years!! thats awsome, thank you ill try what you suggested.

urban1026835

urban1026835

View attachment 446942
I second the ease of floranova bloom. even in coco i have ran it as a stand alone @6ml gallon with nice results

Nef420

Nef420

Ok cool ill get them...did you get those at home depot
No. Lol i got them from a hydroponic store just google hydroponic stores around you. Something should pop up. Just when you use it try to pay attention to your plants so that you can see how they behave. Start up at half of what the chart says then slowly increase it to the full dose. Lol and flush before you cut. Incase you didn't know flushing means when you don't add nutrients and just feed water only to clean the plant out of the nutrients and to help it pull out all the stored food in them leaves. So you will see the leaves go yellow but only on when flushing. Show me some pics. Bro

A

alexnewgrowr

Ill post pics for sure..if they turn out good.
How long does the process take mostly and is now a good time of the season for growing?

Last edited:
A

alexnewgrowr

Molasses is a byproduct from refining sugarcane. I wouldnt worry about that. Ive been at this 25 years. one step at a time.
Im pretty sure i started on the 20th of last month, so should I wait a month before I worry about nutes?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Im pretty sure i started on the 20th of last month, so should I wait a month before I worry about nutes?

really depends on the soil but most have enough nutes in the soil there isnt a big need for nutes right away. Im sure they would be ok if you gave them a light feeding. again just remember when you give them food it will take at least 4 days for the plant to show you how its reacting to the feeding.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
a lot of new people to growing think watering the soil every day and giving the plant lots of nutes is gonna make it grow fast.. again less is more. do not keep the soil soaked all the time.. thats my best advice. the roots need air. like was said before lift the cup and when its really lite water again. the plants container can be bone dry for a day or two with no issues. the plant itself will start to wilt when its been to long. key is watering when the plant is dry but before the plant wilts. that will get the roots stretching. better the roots, better the plant, better the weight. dont over think it. really not that hard once you learn basics. Stoners due this everyday lol.

A

alexnewgrowr

For sure thanks buddy.
Im
using miracle grow potting mix is this ok for them? So thats my set up and plants so far

Top Bottom