new grower knows nothing!!! help

• Thread starter alexnewgrowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alexnewgrowr

I should change this topics title....new grower knows somethings....

Supergoo

Supergoo

how many 40 day strains you coming across ?

45days minimum, and very very few, usually very grunty. most take aboout 60days to be done.

I have a few grow journals up on here of some 12/12's.

-SG

A

alexnewgrowr

A

alexnewgrowr

I just check the 90w hologen i have and its rated 2700k should i use that for flowering?can someone tell me if the pics i put up are in flower stage, it looks like it but i want to do it right.

Supergoo

Supergoo

I just check the 90w hologen i have and its rated 2700k should i use that for flowering?can someone tell me if the pics i put up are in flower stage, it looks like it but i want to do it right.

Please throw that halogen in the trash, halogens are not for growing, go pick up cfls. A halogen will not grow anything.

-SG

A

alexnewgrowr

Please throw that halogen in the trash, halogens are not for growing, go pick up cfls. A halogen will not grow anything.

-SG
Done...im not using it i just saw tonight that it was 2700k im using 2 5000k cfls im planning on 2 more and a mini fan just incase. Should the last 2 cfls be 2700k?

Supergoo

Supergoo

Done...im not using it i just saw tonight that it was 2700k im using 2 5000k cfls im planning on 2 more and a mini fan just incase. Should the last 2 cfls be 2700k?

Yes remember anything below 4k is good for flower, anything above veg. HPS's are 2000k cfl flowering are 2700k.

-SG

Supergoo

Supergoo

Make sure you go pick up some sort of PH tester as well. Because you will be fine for now, but pretty soon if your ph isnt in the correct range you will run into problems. Just a future issue you can prevent by getting one now and checking everytime.

-SG

Toaster79

Toaster79

Those are just side branches. For sex parts you will have to wait a few more weeks.

A

alexnewgrowr

I forgot to mention that same plant has a little pencil thin silver line on one of its leaves...silver haze?

Toaster79

Toaster79

There's no way anyone can tell what strain you have by looking at the picture of a seedling. Even with the grown up plant it's pretty damn hard to determine what strain it is. There are just to many crosses out there. Where did you get those seeds? You might start asking there about strain specifics.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
There's no way anyone can tell what strain you have by looking at the picture of a seedling. Even with the grown up plant it's pretty damn hard to determine what strain it is. There are just to many crosses out there. Where did you get those seeds? You might start asking there about strain specifics.
are you telling me the internet detectives online cant tell what something is from just looking at the plant? lol.

good post man.

Supergoo

Supergoo

I forgot to mention that same plant has a little pencil thin silver line on one of its leaves...silver haze?

Honestly depending on where you got your seeds it should tell you. If you didnt get them from a reputable online vendor than dont even try to guess. It can be purple and have nothing to do with a purple named strain. The only thing youll really be able to tell is whether its and indica or sativa dom strain. Indicas short bushy, fat wide leaves, short flowering time. Sativas, longer flowering time, less bushy taller plants with much thinner leaves. Also those arent sex parts, when it shows sex you will know it. You wont even have to ask. You will either see little clusters of balls, or two longer white/translucent pistils sticking out of a little pod looking thing, its so obvious you wont possibly be able to miss it. I dont know if youve flipped it to 12/12 yet but you have a ways to go before sex will be shown, just be patient.

PATIENCE IS THE NAME OF THE GAME WITH GROWING CANNABIS.

-SG

A

alexnewgrowr

Honestly depending on where you got your seeds it should tell you. If you didnt get them from a reputable online vendor than dont even try to guess. It can be purple and have nothing to do with a purple named strain. The only thing youll really be able to tell is whether its and indica or sativa dom strain. Indicas short bushy, fat wide leaves, short flowering time. Sativas, longer flowering time, less bushy taller plants with much thinner leaves. Also those arent sex parts, when it shows sex you will know it. You wont even have to ask. You will either see little clusters of balls, or two longer white/translucent pistils sticking out of a little pod looking thing, its so obvious you wont possibly be able to miss it. I dont know if youve flipped it to 12/12 yet but you have a ways to go before sex will be shown, just be patient.

PATIENCE IS THE NAME OF THE GAME WITH GROWING CANNABIS.

-SG
Yeah im at 12\12 the only thing i have left to ask about 12\12 is does it change the amount of buds as well as size? The strains could only be skywalker og grandfather or silver haze i got them from a dispensery but i started with about 6 seeds and they where mixed by germ so...thats that i didnt know if there was defining traits. Heres an update to my grow space its coming along.
i read having a fan on them strengthens the stems, does anyone know if this is true?

organicpanic

organicpanic

After going over you thread again this is my opinion. Pretty sure u have a killer silver haze because the silver line. That's the ball buster pheno! I think u have a ph problem. Could be high or low? And I think your haze is asexual, meaning no reproductive organs. So your gonna get a lot of nice leaf. And under that light I'd be willing to bet your looking at about 2-4 grams of top shelf. Blast that with butane and your looking at nothing. Should of went with advanced nutrients dude.

A

alexnewgrowr

I was with you up until blast that with butane...do you mean when i try to smoke it itll be shit? Thats what i got but on the other hand you said top shelf, really only 2-4g's is that possible that just seems like a waste of the plants time.
Does anyone else second this...not to say OP isnt right.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I was with you up until blast that with butane...do you mean when i try to smoke it itll be shit? Thats what i got but on the other hand you said top shelf, really only 2-4g's is that possible that just seems like a waste of the plants time.
Does anyone else second this...not to say OP isnt right.

first its all in the roots. those cups arent gonna give them hardly any space. second you using like 46 watts total for light.. if you got 3 grams a plant dried id be impressed.

A

alexnewgrowr

first its all in the roots. those cups arent gonna give them hardly any space. second you using like 46 watts total for light.. if you got 3 grams a plant dried id be impressed.
Im still getting supplies i plan on more lights i was thinking two more cfls and ill change to 1gal pots...so more light=more buds? If so maybe ill get 3 or 4. Im not passed the point of no return am I? If i am i start over and this time ill be better prepared. Im using water with 7.6 Ph, ph levels drop as the water dissolves into the plant or the air, So everytime i water completly dry it should raise back to 7.6 i think the problem if i do have high ph is its not always bone dry but for that reason i dont give to much about 3-4 sprays from a sports water bottle.​

Nef420

Nef420

CFL'S. .... God damn I remember using those. Get at least 6-8 26 watt CFL'S. I'd get 3 6500 k and the rest 2700 k. Idk about anybody's opinion but your ph is TOO FUCKING HIGH!!! Lol get that to like 6.3-6.5. But really tho get more lights. And more lights does not mean more bud. Well kinda but it's along with other steps and techniques and shit to get them bigger. But pleeeeeeeeeeeease.... Lol don't think you'll be getting a ounce or anywhere near that with CFL'S and just one plant. But other than that bro just grow it don't worry keep in mind your learning and it can all be considered test/practice runs. You'll be fine.

Top Bottom