New Grower Need Help With Sad Clones :(

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

My clones are not looking good after transplanting.

Platinum cookies (green label)
Banana OG (red label)
Temp stays around 75-80f with 60-70% humidity. Vpd 0.8-1.1

They are under a Gavita 1700e dimmed to 50% and raised up

I originally had them 36” under the light, I feel I may have burned them.

I transplanted last week, 2 days after bringing the clones. They were showing decent roots and i didnt want them exposed too much so I transplanted with great white to mother earth 70/30 coco pearlite mix.

I gave a really light water at first then a couple days later fed with nutrients.

I am feeding with advanced nutrients

Sensi coco a+b
Voodoo juice
B-52
Bud candy
Rhino skin

I added about 1/4 strength and fed.

The platinum cookies look better today but the banana og is not doing well.

Local hydro store told me to flush with water wait til dry and fed them Revive until they bounce back then I could reintroduce nutrients.

First pic was the morning after transplant. The rest were taken today

Any help would be really appreciated!

New grower need help with sad clones
New grower need help with sad clones 2
New grower need help with sad clones 3
New grower need help with sad clones 4
New grower need help with sad clones 5
New grower need help with sad clones 6
ADANTHEGROWER

ADANTHEGROWER

your correct about the light being close and burning your crops but I also see some plants showing lack of potassium ( yellowing of the fan leaves outer edges) looks like you also need to revise your nutrient ratios. good call on the flush.

Siz

Siz

yeah my ratios are off. Going forward my additives should be 1/2 the base nutrients from what I am finding. I am way off if that is correct.

Also, I never charged my medium with cal-mag. My base nutrient is suppose to have cal-mag added for coco but I got a bottle incase. The Revive contains Nitrogen Cal Mag and Iron. Hoping that does the trick after the flush.

Thanks I appreciate the help!

fbsv420

fbsv420

Banana OG (red label)

I transplanted last week, 2 days after bringing the clones. They were showing decent roots and i didnt want them exposed too much so I transplanted with great white to mother earth 70/30 coco pearlite mix.

I gave a really light water at first then a couple days later fed with nutrients.

Sensi coco a+b
Voodoo juice
B-52
Bud candy
Rhino skin

Local hydro store told me to flush with water wait til dry and fed them Revive until they bounce back then I could reintroduce nutrients.

Are you feeding every day they look a bit dry for coco, if not you should be

Enforcer

Enforcer

Your coco doesn’t have any nutrients in it. You MUST feed coco everyday. After a week of feeding everyday you will see improvement. I’m currently on day 39 of flower in 1 gal pots of coco/perlite. They are being fed 4x a day. Remember, coco is not soil. It must be handled differently for success.

fbsv420

fbsv420

Your coco doesn’t have any nutrients in it. You MUST feed coco everyday. After a week of feeding everyday you will see improvement. I’m currently on day 39 of flower in 1 gal pots of coco/perlite. They are being fed 4x a day. Remember, coco is not soil. It must be handled differently for success.

You on auto feed?, i am feeding twice a day hand watering day 29 of 12/12..

Just got my waste pumping away next step is auto feed

Siz

Siz

They are barely a week old. Theyve gotten watered 3 times so far and ive been waiting for the medium to get dry before watering again. The coco is pretty moist, definitely dont think I can water everyday, its not drying that fast yet. My plants were just starting to show roots through the rockwool cubes so I transplanted to 1 gal pots.

fbsv420

fbsv420

They are barely a week old. Theyve gotten watered 3 times so far and ive been waiting for the medium to get dry before watering again. The coco is pretty moist, definitely dont think I can water everyday, its not drying that fast yet. My plants were just starting to show roots through the rockwool cubes so I transplanted to 1 gal pots.

Smaller pots first and water every day, coco is supposed to be watered every day

Siz

Siz

Yeah I think I screwed up transplanting too early. The Platinum OG is recovering well but the Banana OG does not seem to be bouncing back as fast.

is it too soon to be giving them any nutrients through foliar spray? I am reading that people are using cal-mag regularly.

Also please keep in mind, they are about 1 week old clones that just barley started showing roots. I didnt have proper cups for them and the roots were being exposed to light so I transplanted a little too early.

fbsv420

fbsv420

Yeah I think I screwed up transplanting too early. The Platinum OG is recovering well but the Banana OG does not seem to be bouncing back as fast.

is it too soon to be giving them any nutrients through foliar spray? I am reading that people are using cal-mag regularly.

Also please keep in mind, they are about 1 week old clones that just barley started showing roots. I didnt have proper cups for them and the roots were being exposed to light so I transplanted a little too early.

Yes you want to be giving nutrients about 0.8-1.0 ec 5.8ph.
i would be giving them, every day to get a bit run off,

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yeah. In coco you can keep them in small pots for longer. I take freshly rooted clones from the cloner, into solo cups with coco/perlite, and immediately getting fed once a day to runoff. Once they start to get to dry daily (as the plant grows) I go to twice a day. I can keep them in solos for a while. But usually they start tipping over and I need to put them into 1 gals.

fbsv420

fbsv420

Usually pull clones from my mother plants. However, I did just finish 2 pheno hunts with regular seeds.

I have everything to do the auto feed aswell, iv just started 25 pips for my next run, a cross i made so maybe set it up.for that run

Enforcer

Enforcer

Banana OG (red label)

Sensi coco a+b
Voodoo juice
B-52
Bud candy
Rhino skin

Anyway, to help with your issue. I would start feeding 1.0 EC once a day. Even if they are moist. It will probably take a week or so for them to really take off. But they will get going. If you were in soil I would say wait until they are about half dry. But that is counter productive in coco.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

at this age the plants wouldn't be showing any potassium deficiency as you are feeding them AN nutrients that has proper Ratios, its 100% too much light for too long that fried'em.

Put that light at 1m to 1.2m away from the clones at 50-60% max for the first 3-4 weeks. Go easy with those led bars they are crazy strong.

Flushing will not help you for this problem, and it can fuckup your coco buffering.
If you need to flush in coco do so with a light nutrients solution, and right after flushing do a proper strength feed.

And yes feed every watering with inert medias, fertigation, at proper EC for each stage and cultivars.

Last edited:
Siz

Siz

Thank you guys for all the help!

Okay I was around 200ppm and 0.6 ec so I didnt think I over did it as well.

Now since I never charged my medium with cal-mag should I start implementing it in with my nutrients?

I also hear people feeding cal-mag on water days.

Any suggestions?

Siz

Siz

Also is it okay to remove the dead/burnt leaves on the banana og?

The Platinum Cookies are looking great showing signs of new growth!

3C5EB1E6 AB67 4074 8551 27B15DBC37A0
BBC19589 FACD 4D0D 8442 A6DB28D5E53F
A38B53FD 3C7C 4ACF 96AC A5DB6604734F
CCCCB700 F037 4DF3 AA19 6AAC993F9EEB
D6F23C9B FFEF 49A4 A61E 3AE02727E924
Top Bottom