• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

27EEF318 294A 4231 A6E1 D0E02F4AA2DB
D3E953D7 F161 4E20 826F 18595D1ECC26

Boomin!

The broken branche’s leaves are drying. Does that mean its not going to repair itself? :/

Otherwise the ladies are growing so vigorously!

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Yeh, that's dead.

Once you get past a certain rigidity or loss of water molecule, there aint no comin back.

It won't do nothin' though, in a week, you won't even remember it, if you smoke like I do. LOL!

From there your plants should put on just about another foot(or double in size) in a week.

Siz

Siz

Really??? I heard it takes up to 10-14 days to repair itself. I didnt water her yesterday im trying to do a dry back should I be giving water to that one only?

The leaves are still wet just the tips of the most bottom one is drying

fbsv420

fbsv420

Really??? I heard it takes up to 10-14 days to repair itself. I didnt water her yesterday im trying to do a dry back should I be giving water to that one only?

The leaves are still wet just the tips of the most bottom one is drying

It would have bounced back by now i would have thougt bro, no dry back in coco haha water once daily at least

GroLex

GroLex

I have not watered today yet. I am thinking of doing a dry out to let the roots stretch a bit. For the outdoor I will give them some straight water to drop ec before doing that but my indoor runoff ec was 1.8

Will I be able to flip into flower if that branch is still not healed? I plan on flipping end of next week and they said it could take up to 2 weeks for it to heal. I pressed it back into its place and wrapped it with clear wrap and supported it with a wire tie.

My heart broke when that happened 💔

The branches are getting really strong with the silica
Water! Your EC climbs every hour that you don't water. If it's hot, EC climbs even more. You need to replace the old nutes with fresh adjusted nutes every day. I ran 3 gallon fabric bags that needed three 1L waterings a day to maintain the EC.

Your branch will heal, but you can't flip until that stressful moment is over for her. I've split some stalks late in veg and it sucks but I learned to bend branches slowly over time and doing it first thing in the morning when the branches are a little less rigid helps.

Siz

Siz

It would have bounced back by now i would have thougt bro, no dry back in coco haha water once daily at least

Yeah I know but I watched a vid on doing it when you transplant so I’m trying to do it just now. I feel like only a couple days wont hurt the ph too much i was good on runoff before i did it. 5.8 ph and 1.8 ec

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Sometimes....

Within like an hour or two of breaking, you can "train" the wound to help reseal it, there are multiples of different methods of doing this... Some people use duct tape, some people use wax and then use cotton cordage and wrap it, they use wax to seal it...

Me??

I just tie the damn branch to the main stem or another stem.. or a screw in the wall or whatever it takes, but tie it in a way that merely holds the branch in place, after a few days, the "wound" will seal itself, and become like a gnarly scar...

I've also, when my plants have gotten too tall, go to the main stem and roll the stem around in my fingers to weaken it, then let the main kola flop over and repair itself in a few days, I have noticed though that will mostly stop or very much slow the growth to the main kola though, but still keep it alive enough to mature up.

However there is the added benefit of allowing the main growth hormone to migrate to the other tops.

Siz

Siz

Water! Your EC climbs every hour that you don't water. If it's hot, EC climbs even more. You need to replace the old nutes with fresh adjusted nutes every day. I ran 3 gallon fabric bags that needed three 1L waterings a day to maintain the EC.

Your branch will heal, but you can't flip until that stressful moment is over for her. I've split some stalks late in veg and it sucks but I learned to bend branches slowly over time and doing it first thing in the morning when the branches are a little less rigid helps.

Yeah I wanted to dry a bit because of the transplant but I dont wanna add any more stress.

So even if the tip of the very bottom leave is dry but the rest is still wet , it wil heal?

Siz

Siz

I
Sometimes....

Within like an hour or two of breaking, you can "train" the wound to help reseal it, there are multiples of different methods of doing this... Some people use duct tape, some people use wax and then use cotton cordage and wrap it, they use wax to seal it...

Me??

I just tie the damn branch to the main stem or another stem.. or a screw in the wall or whatever it takes, but tie it in a way that merely holds the branch in place, after a few days, the "wound" will seal itself, and become like a gnarly scar...

I've also, when my plants have gotten too tall, go to the main stem and roll the stem around in my fingers to weaken it, then let the main kola flop over and repair itself in a few days, I have noticed though that will mostly stop or very much slow the growth to the main kola though, but still keep it alive enough to mature up.

However there is the added benefit of allowing the main growth hormone to migrate to the other tops.

I did it instantly like 1 or 2 minutes after it happened.

As it snappped I held it in place and called my gf she brought over the tape and wrap and i instantly wrapped it and wire tied for support.

Aw i hope it heals. I dont know if i will get over it that fast -__- hahaha

Siz

Siz

Ive also been bending them to train daily. My goal was to flip end of next week but if it doesnt heal what do
I do?

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Ive also been bending them to train daily. My goal was to flip end of next week but if it doesnt heal what do
I do?

You'll want to flip.... they will grow another 2/3rds at least.

Though I am not sure what strain you have, I always calculate for myself that if they are a foot tall, they will finish between 3 and 4 feet.

Unless they're Sativa... which means they will finish between 8 and 10... lol! Sometimes even 12.

Reactions: Siz
Siz

Siz

I have Banana OG and Platinum Cookies.

I want to put a trellis on Monday and flip by the following week. That would be a 5 week veg.

Do you think they will grow much more in a week? Would I need to top again or will the trellis keep them from growing too tall?

fbsv420

fbsv420

I have Banana OG and Platinum Cookies.

I want to put a trellis on Monday and flip by the following week. That would be a 5 week veg.

Do you think they will grow much more in a week? Would I need to top again or will the trellis keep them from growing too tall?
The trellis shoukd keep them down i would get the trellis on soon as and start tucking them branches and flip when about 70% full continue to tuck untill agter stretch

Siz

Siz

Ok and when should I start defoliaring the leaves? They are starting to grow on eachother. I was going to wait after trellis so they grow a good amount and prevent any shock

fbsv420

fbsv420

Yes i would wait till after the trellis and once its full enough for u start removing the growth underneath the trellis

Siz

Siz

FC805721 098B 49ED B2AB 88CC0BE7D9E2

I tied them down for now so the branches widen then ill add the trellis on sunday/monday. Im waiting on some support bars to come in. Also want to setup a fan for the base area

Top Bottom