New grower wanting feedback/advice on current setup <3

• Thread starter xrevolutionx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xrevolutionx

Also, in my water for four days I have been putting some of the water which black lentils were soaked in, I read it promoted root growth as a natural root stimulator, the ppm is about 650 of the water ive been using - that being said I think they look healthy, however i also read water should be up to 250ppm for seedlings, so just wondering if I should be using it or not or whether it shouldnt be a consideration?

X

xrevolutionx

hi

Everything your adding to the plants is organic you don’t need to ph organic grows

Throw the ph meter and solution in a draw and forget about them or sell them you don’t want not need them not with organics

The light well 100w will suffice for now as your not even in veg yet the first 2-3 weeks is still seedling stage
Once you get into veg it will still do however for flowering nah it’s not enough. For one plant it still not really enough to get a good yeild from a 150w would cover one however for two you really want a 250w

Now am not saying it won’t work I’m simply saying to get a decent yeild you would need more than 100-150w in flower to cover both plants properly.

The humidity your running is way to high I know there seedlings however it’s still to high above 70% and you promote fungi growth. You need to get it down to around 50-60%

I see it’s a small tent I know there a pita to keep at the right temp / humidity it may look big now with two seedlings in it however once they grow up they will easily fill the tent.

Hope you enjoy the adventure and end up enjoying your first own grown harvest 🙂

Oh btw stop misting the plants leaves if you do it to much it leaches the plants food and don’t feed for a few weeks till they get older there’s enough food in the soil for seedlings if you feed now you risk stunting the plants
Hello there, thanks again for your advice. Im curious about your reference with not needing to PH the water, I was doing it and then i got so excited to feed the girls their first dose of biobizz grow that i didnt PH the water and i tested it - its 7,7. Is it really ok and will it not hinder their growth? I keep reading that ever for autoflowers ph up to 7.0 is acceptable but I see and trust you are an experienced member of the community, so wanted to check in with you about that point.

If it is so and i wont pay attention to PH, I will hold onto the pen as I will grow photos down the line im sure also.

X

xrevolutionx

The girls are coming on nicely. 16 days old today since sprouting. If anything they look like they could be a bit short. Maybe 10/11 centimetres. I gave a trace of nutes the water before last but nothing substantial. I think tomorrow if the soils are dry enough I will give 1/4 dose (relative to product recommendation for photos) of the Biobizz Grow. I made some calcium which could be given from roasting eggshells and then leaving them in vineger and straining them. I dont really know if it is worth to add it or if it can do more harm than good, and theres probably no way to know how much calcium is in the solution i created. Has anyone any thoughts on this? or would offer any advice on a nute schedule moving forward (with Biobizz try pack) and also how much approximately water these size plants will drink.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Was wondering how your girls are doing
Looks good

It’s not how much you water as much as it’s the frequency
You’ll get used to the weight of dry vs wet soon it does take a while

What else have you got in there 🙂

X

xrevolutionx

Was wondering how your girls are doing
Looks good

It’s not how much you water as much as it’s the frequency
You’ll get used to the weight of dry vs wet soon it does take a while

What else have you got in there 🙂
Nice of you to check in! They seem to be going pretty good. 20cms tall approx, 19 days old. Pistils started showing a few days ago (photo below). I started LST a little bit about a week ago but I was a bit nervous on my first run to overdo it as I just want them to grow and be a success - i didnt have the courage to be a little more persuasive with the bends so i just gave up! I have been doing a bit of leaf tucking the last days though, I will definitely practice with the LST a lot more on my next run when I will grow Gorilla, Critical and Banana Purple Punch!

Ive been going really light with the Nutes also, I figured underfeeding is better than overfeeding, started with like 1/8th doses and progressed to something less than half doses on the last feed. Averaging water every 2-3 days when dry(ish) after poking the old finger in. I have a dehumidifier just a little one in the tent as my house is standardly 80 percent humidity. I get it down to about 63 percent best in the tent. My question would be should I invest in a better and bigger dehumidifier to get it down further for when flowering starts? My tent is always between 73f and 79f. I got my lights running on a 22-2 schedule. But think I will drop it to 20-4 for flower. Would love to hear any thoughts or recommendations you have about my comments :)

Oh and what else is in there, I put all sorts in planted loads of other herbs basil, coriander. I moved most out now just thought I would get them started off!

Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Sounds like your enjoying the adventure 👍

Well 70% humidity is when fungi can take hold

So I aim for 60f so I think 62f should be fine just make sure it’s not creeping up at night and have plenty airflow

You should be good it’s not like you have a tent crammed with plants that’s were it can go wrong many plants crammed in together

I saw you check out my dairy some nice words you left 🙂

Oh well munchies set in ( breakfast ) and I need to look in on my plants today… boring chores like watering to be done 😆

Have a grand day bud

X

xrevolutionx

Nice of you to check in! They seem to be going pretty good. 20cms tall approx, 19 days old. Pistils started showing a few days ago (photo below). I started LST a little bit about a week ago but I was a bit nervous on my first run to overdo it as I just want them to grow and be a success - i didnt have the courage to be a little more persuasive with the bends so i just gave up! I have been doing a bit of leaf tucking the last days though, I will definitely practice with the LST a lot more on my next run when I will grow Gorilla, Critical and Banana Purple Punch!

Ive been going really light with the Nutes also, I figured underfeeding is better than overfeeding, started with like 1/8th doses and progressed to something less than half doses on the last feed. Averaging water every 2-3 days when dry(ish) after poking the old finger in. I have a dehumidifier just a little one in the tent as my house is standardly 80 percent humidity. I get it down to about 63 percent best in the tent. My question would be should I invest in a better and bigger dehumidifier to get it down further for when flowering starts? My tent is always between 73f and 79f. I got my lights running on a 22-2 schedule. But think I will drop it to 20-4 for flower. Would love to hear any thoughts or recommendations you have about my comments :)

Oh and what else is in there, I put all sorts in planted loads of other herbs basil, coriander. I moved most out now just thought I would get them started off!
Also even though I have been relatively sparing with the nutes, the leaves while looking healthy to my novice eye, I understand the darker green can be an indication of too much nitrogen. Is this possible here and should I water with no nutes tomorrow/when ready?
Sounds like your enjoying the adventure 👍

Well 70% humidity is when fungi can take hold

So I aim for 60f so I think 62f should be fine just make sure it’s not creeping up at night and have plenty airflow

You should be good it’s not like you have a tent crammed with plants that’s were it can go wrong many plants crammed in together

I saw you check out my dairy some nice words you left 🙂

Oh well munchies set in ( breakfast ) and I need to look in on my plants today… boring chores like watering to be done 😆

Have a grand day bud
It's a connection that's for sure. I have two fans on the go, just small ones and leave the inline fan 4 incher on speed of 2 for now and air the room several times a day. Despite what i think look like healthy plants I did notice some yellowish spots coming on one of the bottom leaves, see photo below. Hopefully it isnt anything major, I looked online and saw it could be Leaf Septoria but not sure, maybe it is worth to cut the leaf off? :) or maybe i just got some water droplets on the lower leaves when watering and the light has burned through the droplets a bit, just anothe rthought.

Screenshot 2024 04 04 at 173535
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
looks like you splashed the nutes on that leaf or water

Definitely not fungi nor spider mite damage

I wouldn’t even worry about it if it was mine

Yeah you can skip a feed they don’t look overfed mind looking nice 👍 I might be inclined to fed it myself however skipping it won’t hurt
Your still in veg right they do use a lotta n in veg obviously to a point.

You’ll notice the fan leaves clawing downwards at the tips if have overfed it too much n

I’m noticing the lower fan leaves have slight curling at the sides you might have had the light to close at one point

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I was thinking about my reply and your post and it occurred to me you said you plan to water tomorrow

I thought it was droppy as you’d just watered it are you sure it’s in need of water

I was also thinking if it was mine and I didn’t skip a feed this time I probably would next time and looking at the other pic yeah I might be inclined to skip one

X

xrevolutionx

I was thinking about my reply and your post and it occurred to me you said you plan to water tomorrow

I thought it was droppy as you’d just watered it are you sure it’s in need of water

I was also thinking if it was mine and I didn’t skip a feed this time I probably would next time and looking at the other pic yeah I might be inclined to skip one
Hey, yeah I definitely think I overfed this one. I have been giving the other plant quarter dose of the BioBizz Grow, but this one I am feeding half dose. The small bottom leaves have shrivelled somewhat, the spots have turned browner on the leaf I showed you the other day and many leaves are clawing down. Should I flush with plain water tomorrow? Hopefully she will recover okay! What's weird is I give both plants about 500ml, the other plant which I am feeding quarter dose has plenty of run off, but this plant which is showing some issues seems to retain all the water in the pot without any runoff. I found this really strange as the soil is both the same Biobizz light mix. It seems strange that the same water, the same strain in the same soil at the same age plant one hgas plenty runoff and the other none. Thought I would share and maybe you can shed some light :)

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I think one pots more dry when your watering hence running through the soil

Each plant is different , some drink more than the other can handle more stress ,eat less / more food than the other ect ect ect

I didn’t notice it was actually flowering till now I’m sure your overwatering taking size into account

Yes water only when it’s dry it’s had enough n for a while

The leaf be from might be fert excess however it’s just one leaf right it’s not appearing elsewhere i still wouldn’t concern myself to much I’d just water for now when it’s dry.

One question how close is that light now

X

xrevolutionx

I think one pots more dry when your watering hence running through the soil

Each plant is different , some drink more than the otter can handle more stress ,eat less / more food than the other ect ect ect

I didn’t notice it was actually flowering till now I’m sure your overwatering taking size into account

Yes water only when it’s dry it’s had enough n for a while

The leaf be from fert excess however it’s just one leaf right it’s not appearing elsewhere i still wouldn’t concern myself to much I’d just water for now when it’s dry.
I started off slow on the water but recent feeds I have been giving 400-500ml every 2-2.5 days when the soil is dryish up to an inch - what do you think quantity wise I should feed for autos this size? And as for the spotting, it is pretty much on one main leaf yes with the marks on, theres a few specks here and there on a few others but they're minor. and the bottom two leaves have wilted, i dont even think they were true leaves, just the original ones - perhaps they had to die off about now anyway. Will sit tight and keep my fingers crossed she doesnt get worse.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you need to be watering all of the medium than let it dry out before watering again,..
what size bags are those ? 500 ml is hardly enough,.

X

xrevolutionx

you need to be watering all of the medium than let it dry out before watering again,..
what size bags are those ? 500 ml is hardly enough,.
3 gallon which is 11 litre. I thought because they were still fairly small the plants to be a bit cautious with the amount of water. What would you recommend for this size plant and pot?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
3 gallon which is 11 litre. I thought because they were still fairly small the plants to be a bit cautious with the amount of water. What would you recommend for this size plant and pot?
2000-2500 ml as those bags don’t look fully stuffed,.
water like 500 ml at a time and give it a few minutes to soak each time to prevent the water from just running out on the path of least resistance,..

X

xrevolutionx

2000-2500 ml as those bags don’t look fully stuffed,.
water like 500 ml at a time and give it a few minutes to soak each time to prevent the water from just running out on the path of least resistance,..
Wow thats wild, thanks for the advice. Should I still wait for them to dry out before watering this much again? Theyre still damp about an inch down after watering half litre about 30 hours ago. I would assume as they havent been getting enough water that this could be the cause of the leaf clawing downwards.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Wow thats wild, thanks for the advice. Should I still wait for them to dry out before watering this much again? Theyre still damp about an inch down after watering half litre about 30 hours ago. I would assume as they havent been getting enough water that this could be the cause of the leaf clawing downwards.
clawing downwards could be from watering too frequently, too much nitrogen, temp/humidity issues, pests,. etc
no wait like 2 more days

X

xrevolutionx

clawing downwards could be from watering too frequently, too much nitrogen, temp/humidity issues, pests,. etc
no wait like 2 more days
Arghhh I think I panicked, I just gave her 1 litre with no nutes! Let's see what happens tomorrow, the soil was relatively dry as i last watered on the 4th. So its probably been like 2 and a half days and as last time was only 500ml i would assume 1 litre is fine. There was a fair amount of run off.

I upped the dose of Biobizz Grow to half dose and put it in a litre and fed it that over four days in 2x500ml waterings (in the two feeds previously). So perhaps it was a little excessive on the Nitrogen, if so, perhaps giving it the litre now with the runoff might flush it through a little bit perhaps? Its all good experience anyway.

Top Bottom