New grower wanting feedback/advice on current setup <3

• Thread starter xrevolutionx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Arghhh I think I panicked, I just gave her 1 litre with no nutes! Let's see what happens tomorrow, the soil was relatively dry as i last watered on the 4th. So its probably been like 2 and a half days and as last time was only 500ml i would assume 1 litre is fine. There was a fair amount of run off.
ok the run off is because its probably been watered to quickly,. and i think the soil is loosely packed.
you have to learn how to water correctly as i already see issues from watering,.. these plants can easily survive short droughts which will never happen indoors really,, so just relax on over mothering the plants,..
it’ll be your own doing why these plants fail,.

stop being touchy feely, you have a wife for that?
haha kidding,..

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I thought there was some watering problems going on.

I was getting tired last night and went to bed

Glad gnick stopped by and put you on the right track 👍

X

xrevolutionx

Oh yeah the no nutes part won’t of hurt at all

Imo bio bizz isn’t the easiest of lines to work with i do think your doing well for your first grow 😋
Hey again :) I have since noticed that there are some problems on the other big fan leaves which are now all curling down and have brown patches. I chipped one already and another is done for also The branches as seen in the pics are also arching downwards. I have no idea what's causing it, it's such a sad moment! I was using a little plain vinegar to bring the PH from 7.5 to 6.5 for a while, but Im not bothering to PH now knowing that it is not necessary in all organic grows.

All other protocols have been followed from what i can tell - gradually increasing nutes and being cautious (Im still going fairly cautiously with Nutes). I was probably underwatering for a while but I have since rectified that. Water has been left to sit for 24 hours to dechlorinate. Temperatures and humidity have been continually optimal. As has airflow and CO2. Where do I go from here? Today I watered about 1500ml after 3 days, maybe the watering constitutes some of the heavy clawing down if it was too much water, there was a fair bit of run off and i did go slow.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Hi

Am on my way to bed but one thing I am noticing is light burn I started to notice it last pic it’s why I asked how high far away is the light is also is it dimmed or on it max setting.

If you watered 3 days ago it probably needed water but it looks like you over done it a bit don’t stress just let it dry out then water again

The fan leaves clawing downwards are from the excess n they won’t straighten up and we would call it old damage nothing to stress about now you’ve cut back on the n

When you watered to little it was drinking nutes

Like when the pot dries out to much it will drink the nutes in the soil that could be your cause of the fan leaf discolouration not watering correctly does lead to problems like that.

Try not to water till run off in organics just water slowly till you start to see some then stop

Don’t stress honestly a fan leaf here and there is not going to ruin your crop

X

xrevolutionx

Hi

Am on my way to bed but one thing I am noticing is light burn I started to notice it last pic it’s why I asked how high far away is the light is also is it dimmed or on it max setting.

If you watered 3 days ago it probably needed water but it looks like you over done it a bit don’t stress just let it dry out then water again

The fan leaves clawing downwards are from the excess n they won’t straighten up and we would call it old damage nothing to stress about now you’ve cut back on the n

When you watered to little it was drinking nutes

Like when the pot dries out to much it will drink the nutes in the soil that could be your cause of the fan leaf discolouration not watering correctly does lead to problems like that.

Try not to water till run off in organics just water slowly till you start to see some then stop

Don’t stress honestly a fan leaf here and there is not going to ruin your crop
Thanks for your support, that makes me feel more positive :) The lights are around 50cm away from canopy, maybe a bit less since this one started to stretch a bit - 550ppfm approx, the other plant whilst being smaller only has a little yellowing at the tips of the fan leaves, so I suppose that maybe discounts the light factor a little bit.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
ok the run off is because its probably been watered to quickly,. and i think the soil is loosely packed.
you have to learn how to water correctly as i already see issues from watering,.. these plants can easily survive short droughts which will never happen indoors really,, so just relax on over mothering the plants,..
it’ll be your own doing why these plants fail,.

stop being touchy feely, you have a wife for that?
haha kidding,..
Get him 😂😂😂

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Thanks for your support, that makes me feel more positive :) The lights are around 50cm away from canopy, maybe a bit less since this one started to stretch a bit - 550ppfm approx, the other plant whilst being smaller only has a little yellowing at the tips of the fan leaves, so I suppose that maybe discounts the light factor a little bit.
I couldn’t sleep lol

That’s good you should be your not doing a bad job for a new grower and unlike some listen to information
Some ask yet when you give it to them get all defensive so I really don’t mind helping someone that appreciates it.

Especially as I want you to be able to grow your own successfully as I love nothing more than helping a someone grow thier own rather than buy dealer or dispersery weed and end up saving a lotta money

ppfm readings only gives you a idea
The plant tells you more.

each plant has its own preference some like more light than others

It’s not just the tips i can see the edges of the fan leaves are curled/serrated and blistered witch is a classic sign of light stress.

19” with a led it to close raise it to 25” and dim it to 75/80% ( if it has a dimmer switch ) and we’ll will see if that’s far enough away.

Honestly most of us can’t get out leds far enough away mines set at 36” and dimmed to 75/80%

None of us that run leds have them at max setting there just to intense.

Last edited:
B

Ben123

Hi all, I’m new to growing and just started my first grow despite being a casual user for over two decades! very exciting but it is not without trepidation! I have been reading about growing online but often there is widely differing information so I am here for help and to engage with the community <3

LIGHTING: I have assembled and have setup at home a budget grow as I am a light user and couldn’t afford to spare a fortune on the kit but that being said after reading snippets around the internet I am considering upgrading the full spectrum LED light as I am not sure how good the one I have in my setup is going to be for flower, It is a Fecida 100w Full Spectrum LED Grow light

Amazon reference link: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/FECiDA-D...tion/dp/B08G7Y1STZ?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

When I look at the specs and the heat map for my Fecida light, it is comparable to two seemingly well regarded LED lights for small grows, the Mars Hydro TS1000 and Spider Farmer SF1000. (If I am understanding the details correctly)

Also the ViparSpectra 150w XS1500 seems like a great light. Maybe that extra power will really help the yield at the end of the grow and I should just spend more now up front as I do plan on doing perhaps 3 grows per year.

What I am wondering is should I upgrade now before the plants get too big to a different light or has anyone had a positive experience with such a light? Maybe I could stick with it and see what happens and post the results here?

TENT AND STRAIN: As I have limited room and I am a light user of this beautiful plant. My thought was to get a small tent and grow two autoflowering indicas at a time (strains that grow max 90cms high.) For that purpose I have a 2x2 tent (60x60cms). The height is only 120cms but I fitted a Vevor inline duct fan and vivosun carbon filter outside the tent and piped it in, so I have the whole height inside to put my light up to ceiling level if possible when required later in the cycle.

Both plants I have started growing are Blueberry Auto and are currently five days old as seen in the pics.

EQUIPMENT AND SOIL: I am using 11 litre cloth pots and inside I have used Biobizz Light Mix in both. Plus in one pot I have added half a packet of a Zamnesia Fertiliser called Monster Bud Mix https://www.zamnesia.com/6114-monster-bud-mix.html

I also have the Biobizz try pack for the other pot and potentially for both pots. Inside is Bio Grow, Bio Bloom and Top Max. I plan to start slow maybe give 1/4 or 1/2 measures and increase from there. Maybe I won’t add these to the pot with the Amnesia Monster Buds Mix Fertilizer as I would be wary of Nutrient burn. That being said I understand the BioBizz Light soil I am using doesn’t have much in it, so maybe adding some of the three BioBizz bottles would be worth it.

My Fecida LED light is about 36cm above the seedlings running at somewhere between 40 and 50 percent intensity. Getting PPFD reading of around 250-300 at plant level.

TEMP/HUMIDITY CONDITIONS: I am keeping at the moment the temperature between 71F (21c) + 78F (25c) and I have a small humidifier running most of the time which usually stays around 80%RH. I have a small desk fan at the top blowing down to give a little air movement on the seedlings.

WATERING: I am PH balancing my water with a drop or two of white vinegar as it is alkaline about 7.4 - The vinegar takes it down and I settle for about PH 6.0.
I am watering the soil around them every few days, and I have also been misting the plants leaves three times a day. I soaked some black lentils and use the water for watering since a few days as I read that it can be beneficial to grow strong roots.

Any thoughts or comments regarding my newbie situation would be super appreciated. It is both an exciting and hugely connective experience for me nurturing these plants and growing with them. And I hope anyone reading this will share in my excitement at the beginning of one of many journeys with these gorgeous girls!

James
If you’re on a budget, money well spent should be on the environment. If you don’t have your environment locked your babies will only take you so far. So get a dehumidifier , humidifier, good led light, implement c02, portable ac if it gets too hot. Once you locked down your humidity, temperatures, and lighting the rest is a breeze. Just don’t go into your tent when you just came from outside hanging out.

Newty

Newty

Just don’t go into your tent when you just came from outside hanging out.
This right here doesn't get said enough and most people I'm sure don't even think about it.
I see posts with insect infestations and everyone wants to know how to get rid of them but never ask the question of how they got there in the first place.

emanresu

emanresu

This right here doesn't get said enough and most people I'm sure don't even think about it.
I see posts with insect infestations and everyone wants to know how to get rid of them but never ask the question of how they got there in the first place.
My friend has a terrible spider might infestation. I know it was from his cat....even if he doesn't want to admit it. 😖 Best to keep everything out that doesn't have to be in there. And make sure your clean when you go in.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
If you’re on a budget, money well spent should be on the environment. If you don’t have your environment locked your babies will only take you so far. So get a dehumidifier , humidifier, good led light, implement c02, portable ac if it gets too hot. Once you locked down your humidity, temperatures, and lighting the rest is a breeze. Just don’t go into your tent when you just came from outside hanging out.
You cannot run co2 without a sealed room nor do you even need it for a successful grow.

B

Ben123

you can seal a bedroom up. No exhaust fans into the attic and buy door sealers m to cover bottom and sides of the door. Completely sealing door with a door seal will make it orderless to the rest of the house and gives you full control of the environment inside. To achieve and be better at indoor gardening one must be able to control the environment right on the dime.

Last edited:
B

Ben123

I love my hobby, and I want others to enjoy it also. Having critters and things not going your way is stressful and a pain. It should be fun not stressing.

B

Ben123

You cannot run co2 without a sealed room nor do you even need it for a successful grow.
C02 is not necessary yes, but it improves everything much more. When your babies eat more they will get bigger and stronger and less susceptible to diseases and we all know bigger babies with big stems will give you a bigger return. It’s up to the person , I’m not here to force people to do anything. Take my advice with a grain of salt. No one should feel like they are forced no not want to do what they want in their garden. I’m just here to help people to enjoy their hobby.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I was just thinking it’s a heck of a expensive layout that many can’t afford let alone the damage to the environment.

It also comes with its own set of problems everything speeded up and any mistakes get worse quicker

Sure I’d agree the environment plays a bit part. However for a first time grower co2 wouldn’t be a good idea even if you don’t care about any environmental damage

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
C02 is not necessary yes, but it improves everything much more. When your babies eat more they will get bigger and stronger and less susceptible to diseases and we all know bigger babies with big stems will give you a bigger return. It’s up to the person , I’m not here to force people to do anything. Take my advice with a grain of salt. No one should feel like they are forced no not want to do what they want in their garden. I’m just here to help people to enjoy their hobby.
lots of talk with no substance and you don’t have any threads or pics,..

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
@xrevolutionx

While its fresh in my head as I meant to say so before you didn’t mention if your test pack came any calcium or mg.

You should be adding some depending on how much is in your water they do use quite a bit once they start flowering around week three-five they use a fair bit
I would start adding some if you haven’t already

My bad I should of mentioned it before sry it slipped my mind as my guano has added mg and there enough calcium in my water as it’s very soft

Last edited:
X

xrevolutionx

@xrevolutionx

While its fresh in my head as I meant to say so before you didn’t mention if your test pack came any calcium or mg.

You should be adding some depending on how much is in your water they do use quite a bit once they start flowering around week three-five they use a fair bit
I would start adding some if you haven’t already

My bad I should of mentioned it before sry it slipped my mind as my guano has added mg and there enough calcium in my water as it’s very soft
Had a busy week so didn't get chance to log on, but there has been some developments, both plants have diufferent issues but hopefully I will still get some yield as flowering seem,s to be developing fine, how much the problems i have if i cant rectify hinder development remains to be seen. I just wanted to show the two p[lants and where they're at right now so I can maybe try to solve why they arent 100 percent healthy.

These are the details of my current grow schedule:
• PPFD 600-700 light at 60 cms approx from canopy
• Watering thoroughly and slowly twice per week approx of between 1500 and 1900ml. Tap water left for min 24 hours to dechlorinate.
• I am using BioBizz Grow and have started introducing slowly some BioBizz Bloom the last few feeds.
• Temps between 72F and 77F. RH between 47 and 64, Humidifier and three fans running inside the tent.
• Have started introducing a little epsom salts and homemade extract of eggshell for calmag levels but I am super gentle with them - perhaps this is the problem of deficiencies?

PLANT 1: The bigger plant with the most issues, biggest fan leaves starting dying off and getting brown/yellow crispy patches.
PLANT 2: The smaller plant has some yellowing on the lower big fan leaves. The leaves are deeper green throughout than the bigger plant.

Photos attached and always any advice/feedback is immensely appreciated.

Plant problems
Plant problems2

Latest posts

Top Bottom