New Growers General Chat

• Thread starter CharmCity915
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Basic Buds

Basic Buds

she looks good man. by the looks you will only need to take a couple of the lower shades off

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

It's actually really easy, anyone can do it and you can't hurt the plant if you follow a few little guidelines.. Never take more than 1/3 away at one time. Only take shade leaves that are blocking light / air flow from reaching colas and keep it keep it simple :) trust me dude you will notice a big difference after your plant starts using its energy where it is needed ✌
I just watched an extremely helpful video from Cali Green and how he broke it down and really did it Barney style. That really helped. Now one thing he mentioned was that you really gotta be careful when topping in flower mode because the wound is a much larger surface. Now is it bad to top it if it's in flower stage?

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Looking much better man! You will notice a boost in growth over the next couple days yes Cali is a very smart dude! That being said this site is full of very knowledgeable growers. How long are you into flowering? I topped mine 2 weeks into flowering and she slowed down for 2-3 days then took off! Had no stress or and problems. Don't get me wrong I was very reluctant to do it but everything went smoothly

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Still need to shave her legs more imo @CharmCity915 . Think of your stems like a highway, the water and nutes are traffic feeding your buds. If you have all those little side streets then alot of the traffic goes there and never reaches the top buds. The top buds are what you want, shave those legs so they can get fat.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Still need to shave her legs more imo @CharmCity915 . Think of your stems like a highway, the water and nutes are traffic feeding your buds. If you have all those little side streets then alot of the traffic goes there and never reaches the top buds. The top buds are what you want, shave those legs so they can get fat.
That makes sense. How high should I go up? Just like an inch?

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

This is what mine looked like after trimming. Second pic is a few days after
Damn that does look good. Ok, when I get home I'm gonna do the top. Now is it to much to do the tip and the bottom branches?

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Ok, so just so I'm certain. Here's a pic. I'm holding the one I believe you guys want me to top. Thank you ladies & gents

IMG 20160121 114611
IMG 20160121 114623
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I didn't cut some of the other bottom branches but some were really thick. Is that normal?

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Looking much better man! You will notice a boost in growth over the next couple days yes Cali is a very smart dude! That being said this site is full of very knowledgeable growers. How long are you into flowering? I topped mine 2 weeks into flowering and she slowed down for 2-3 days then took off! Had no stress or and problems. Don't get me wrong I was very reluctant to do it but everything went smoothly
Oh yea, I just started flower mode on Monday so its still early

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Here's a updated pic from just a few minutes ago. I clipped the bottom a little more. Please let me know opinions. Thank yall

IMG 20160121 121157
Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Hey mate hows it going. Did you end up topping the girl yet? I trimmed mine again today, you should strip those branches more, just make sure you leave the colas on her. I'll post a pic so you can get an idea of what I mean.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Hey mate hows it going. Did you end up topping the girl yet? I trimmed mine again today, you should strip those branches more, just make sure you leave the colas on her. I'll post a pic so you can get an idea of what I mean.
No not yet mate. I trimmed the bottom of her to kinda open her up a bit. I wanted to give her a day or two to recoup. Yea please show a picture dude and can you throw a pic of your cola's on there. Thanks @Basic Buds

Top Bottom