New Growers General Chat

• Thread starter CharmCity915
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vggir

Vggir

Hello there, I'm vggirl:) I started growing about a year and half ago. I started with cfls too. The most important part to remember when using cfls, exactly like @Basic Buds said, is lollipopping, and training. The more even your canopy is, the better the buds will be, and cleaning the bottom of the plant, where light won't reach, is also very important :).
I went from cfls, to T5ho, and was happy with the density of my buds, but the trichomes definitely suffered! That's when I used both the T5 and CFL bulbs together, and got the best of both worlds! I'm currently only using a Mars II 700 and T5HO for both veg and flower, with great results.

Your doing awesome brother! Keep on keeping on! :)

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Hello there, I'm vggirl:) I started growing about a year and half ago. I started with cfls too. The most important part to remember when using cfls, exactly like @Basic Buds said, is lollipopping, and training. The more even your canopy is, the better the buds will be, and cleaning the bottom of the plant, where light won't reach, is also very important :).
I went from cfls, to T5ho, and was happy with the density of my buds, but the trichomes definitely suffered! That's when I used both the T5 and CFL bulbs together, and got the best of both worlds! I'm currently only using a Mars II 700 and T5HO for both veg and flower, with great results.

Thanks dude and nice to meet you. Yea CFL's were awesome to start with for me but you gotta use a ton of bulbs. So I'm gonna be switching to t5's or something like that for my next one. I wish I would've trimmed her sooner though, But hey I learned.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Thanks for sharing Vggir. I am very pleased to hear I am on the right track, thank you just like CharmCity, I will also be upgrading lighting next grow, I will be sure to mix it up like you suggested though! :) happy growing ✌

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Thanks dude and nice to meet you. Yea CFL's were awesome to start with for me but you gotta use a ton of bulbs. So I'm gonna be switching to t5's or something like that for my next one. I wish I would've trimmed her sooner though, But hey I learned.
I also wanted to thank my buddy @Basic Buds for helping me out.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Here is a few pictures of my ChemDog.. She started her flower process yesterday I believe. Definitely has a different smell then before. Her hairs are standing up and its awesome..

IMG 20160128 095458
IMG 20160128 095429
IMG 20160128 095329
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Here is a few pictures of my ChemDog.. She started her flower process yesterday I believe. Definitely has a different smell then before. Her hairs are standing up and its awesome..
She needs more food, and she's been in flower a few days longer than one.

If she's growing vigorously, which you can expect for about 2 weeks more now, she's translocating LOTS of nitrogen and could probably use just a bit more to help with all of that new growth. In a few days you're going to need to adjust her feed to give a bit more P and K so she can start really stacking those flowers.

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

Thanks mate.. Yea after really clipping all that extra stuff I had at the bottom and in the middle she took off. Even the top of her stretched another 6 inches.. And to me that a lot lmao..
Yeah its amazing how fast they bounce back hey! Let me know how much in weight you get off her, I am really interested in studying more with real grows, not just what's written on paper or the Internet... I'm curious to compare our overall results to see what we could do better in the next grow. I have to ask, what would did you use?

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Yeah its amazing how fast they bounce back hey! Let me know how much in weight you get off her, I am really interested in studying more with real grows, not just what's written on paper or the Internet... I'm curious to compare our overall results to see what we could do better in the next grow. I have to ask, what would did you use?
I'd definitely like to see what we could do better and what not to do again.. What did you mean on the question? I think auto correct changed a word

Basic Buds

Basic Buds

I'd definitely like to see what we could do better and what not to do again.. What did you mean on the question? I think auto correct changed a word
Sorry man, damn cheap ass phone!! The question was meant to be, what soil did you use?

Top Bottom