New Growers General Chat

• Thread starter CharmCity915
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

Yung

Hello everyone. I dont know if i am in the right section to ask these questions. But i am starting my first green house grow. I am using a plastic i purchased from lowes 6 mil. The clearity of the white plastic is pretty somewhat chalky. You could bearly see whats out on the other side. Will this be ok for my plants to grow and get the right amount of sunlight thats needed? Thanks in advanced help is really appreciated!

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

I thought she was done last week so I stopped with all nutes and just did plain water but then got my loup and with you guys, I realized it was way to early.. Then I started nutes again but cut dosage in half per gallon

I thought u just check your tricomes.? 30% and beging flushing

Ecompost

Ecompost

Trich is a mushroom farmers worst enemy.
I dont grow mushrooms, i grow food and meds but yarp for you bro, if you do it will not be welcome. I know lots of bacillus will mess you up brother as will any actinomycetes, psuedomonas so on and so on. Mushrooms can be slow to get going, lots can outcompete them, hence you need to autoclave etc, I find yeasts also slow down some beneficial fungus, eg they out compete myco's in many instances.

I have an EAC chlorine product that will really work in your mushroom labs as a biocide. This is totally stable, highly powerful. I use it in my media if i ever get a Sclerotinia sclerotiorum or other i cant manage biologically. Works a dream in hydro tanks and for cleaning greenhouses.

Ecompost

Ecompost

Hello everyone. I dont know if i am in the right section to ask these questions. But i am starting my first green house grow. I am using a plastic i purchased from lowes 6 mil. The clearity of the white plastic is pretty somewhat chalky. You could bearly see whats out on the other side. Will this be ok for my plants to grow and get the right amount of sunlight thats needed? Thanks in advanced help is really appreciated!
it will probably be ok mate, but airflow is critical too, plants cant use light unless they also have co2. just try it, whats the worst that will happen. If it dont and the plant slows or goes pale, move it to another location, may be just jam some poles in the ground, wrap it in clingfilm, or better yet, try to find a cold frame :-) may be lowes have these also

Ecompost

Ecompost

Thanks brother.. Can you break that down dummy style please lol
what are your current nutrients, include all of the ones you have used for me, I will scope them out and show you where the N is coming in. Too much P also makes leaves small and very dark green, let me know what the media is too mate and we will see if we can tune a better mix for the next chem run :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

I thought she was done last week so I stopped with all nutes and just did plain water but then got my loup and with you guys, I realized it was way to early.. Then I started nutes again but cut dosage in half per gallon
if you use the right make up of PPMs across the range of elements, then you will not need to flush. You can not flush plants, you can starve them tho. Simple rules, plants will try to use any N you feed them, they will waste up to 30% of the energy they make to process it. Add this to the 30% leaking from your roots, we can see that we have little room for buds. Stop flushing unless its a toilet. Just dont over feed, little bits often. If you live near the sea and its clean, get some water, mix this at 1 part sea water to 30 parts fresh water, apply to your plants in late bloom at this ratio as a drench for a ripening agent. if you have over done your nutrients, try adding 2ttsp/gallon of brown rice vinegar, this will act as a cleaner/ solvent. You can not flush nutrients out of your plant, only your plant will make a decision about what it has, it care nothing for you in reality, it balances itself. there is nothing flushing does that is worth time imo, just stop over feeding

Ecompost

Ecompost

Thanks brother.. Can you break that down dummy style please lol
this might help you understand what i mean when i say optimum levels of elements, the last number in the list (after each element) is the optimum level :-) have a look at your nutrients, how do they stack up against the averages? What about the range? Eg the first 2 numbers after the element?
Nutrient Limit in PPM Avg. PPM
Major Elements

Nitrogen 150-1000 av=250
Phosphorus 50-100 av =80
Potassium 100-400 av =300

Minor Elements

Calcium 100-500 av=200
Magnesium 50-100 av=75
Sulfur 200-1000 av= 400

Trace Elements

Copper 0.1-0.5 av=0.7
Iron 2-10 av=5
Boron 0.5-5.0 av=1.0
Manganese 0.5-5 av= 2.0
Molybdenum .01-.05 av=.02
Zinc .5-1.0 av=.5

The Terps

The Terps

Woven plastic is ideal since you get the added air flow but yes almost all green house films have that cloudy tint o t you don't want the clear ones go check out bull dogs threads

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

what are your current nutrients, include all of the ones you have used for me, I will scope them out and show you where the N is coming in. Too much P also makes leaves small and very dark green, let me know what the media is too mate and we will see if we can tune a better mix for the next chem run :)
Ok sweet. I didn't use any of your products on her. I will be starting better organix on my baby's from here on out.. This was my first from 4 months ago so yea lol.. All that I used on the Chem
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
One time bone meal
Tiger bloom
Big bloom
Grow big

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I'm unsure if you guys cab see that or not but u are looking thru the microscope at the trichs.. Let me know if you can see anything

20160320 110556
20160320 110548
20160320 110556
20160320 111008
20160320 111018
20160320 111020
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I'm unsure on wrapping for a greenhouse.. I can tell you that any questions you have, just ask away and I bet someone in here can guide you in the right direction.. Good vibes to you and your project

Y

Yung

it will probably be ok mate, but airflow is critical too, plants cant use light unless they also have co2. just try it, whats the worst that will happen. If it dont and the plant slows or goes pale, move it to another location, may be just jam some poles in the ground, wrap it in clingfilm, or better yet, try to find a cold frame :) may be lowes have these also

Y

Yung

Thanks for the reply. I have central air and also and 2 fans open on each side for air circulation(also have a humidifer). Im also located in socal so the weather is pretty warm and im about a little more than a week from flowering. I cant wait to see the out come. Im just usings FFOF and the FF nuts and a few little extras.. ill defiently keep u updated with questions during my journey. If thats okay with you.

Vggir

Vggir

Thanks for the reply. I have central air and also and 2 fans open on each side for air circulation(also have a humidifer). Im also located in socal so the weather is pretty warm and im about a little more than a week from flowering. I cant wait to see the out come. Im just usings FFOF and the FF nuts and a few little extras.. ill defiently keep u updated with questions during my journey. If thats okay with you.
You're going to do fine! :) Just think of it this way, if your not making any mistakes, something maybe wrong....it was the best way for me to learn. I'm still learning new things everyday, and I've been growing just 1 yr., & 7 months. I've still got a ways to go, but I'm better at this growing thing, than I was at the beginning. :) good vibes sent your way!

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

So in I have a humidifier and haven't used it. What purpose does humidity serve in grow and it veg?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I no longer go by trichomes alone, too many environmental variables( heat, humidity, stress, genetics, etc.) can turn trichomes color b4 they are fully mature.
When they stop producing white pistils and drinking water, when they look like they are dieing(fall/yellow colors on all of fan leaves)
Then they are ready, or so I have read. I put away my usb microscope for this one.

Ecompost

Ecompost

if i am here, yeah sure, if not, one of these guys will step in i am sure :-) good luck buddy, sounds like you got it sorted

Top Bottom