New indoors... CBD strains in the Northeast

• Thread starter Alkhemit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alkhemit

Alkhemit

I think if you can find the right CBD rich strain then you are heading in the right direction for helping your wife. I feel like alot of people probably have never experienced a true CBD rich strain. I have only had one or two, and they were both old strains. I wont go into the whole description again but if you read my info or see a couple of my posts i have described the old afghi strain i had, and am currently looking for again. I wouldf love to have that old strain again just to get it tested, all i know is that this old afghi strain would have been amazing for anyone with serious health issues, especially pain or nausea.. This old afghi strain was amazing, one skinny joint shared amongst a few people and you were couchlocked for 4-5 hours, no joke. It also had a smell you would never forget, thing is is the buds looked like crap, leafy, no red hairs, no crystals, but sticky with resin.. I liked that about the strain, it was deceiving, until you smelled it that is.. I was wondering, i see alot of afghi strains with a very low THC %, sometimes as low as 7 or 8 %, yet they have a high CBD, so i was wondering if maybe that is how you get the super couch lock, by having a low thc and a high cbd, perhaps that allows the cbd to really do its thing.. anyway, just my theory.. I am also very interested in finding CBD rich strains, the cannatonic sounds tempting, ever try that strain? It is supposed to have something like 10 % CBD or higher i believe.. btw where abouts in the NE US do you live? Im from New Brunswick, just an hour or so from the border to Maine, so i wouldn't be surprised if in the past decade if alot of the local Afghi we still have floating around here hasn't made it's way south of the border some..

We're in PA. We grew a few Cannatonics out earlier this year. CBD Crew's CBD Nordle that I'm growing now is a Cannatonic cross... supposed to have those old genetics in there like the Afghani hash of old. It has been testing out around 10% CBD. The original plan is to cross that Cannatonic... now going with CBD Nordle, with one of the super frosty Alien strains although Alien is working on a CBD strain now which is an idea situation... should help a lot of people.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I was under the impression that if let a plant get really mature the more amber the tric's are the chemical compound changes and gives more cbd then thc is this true?
I've read just the opposite, but the labs should be into this far enough by now to give us better ideas. The longer we let trichs turn to amber, the more CBN conversion. CBD is not converted from THC (they are both produced from the same parent constituents, so will be typically show inverse proportionality in total cb ratios).

Alkhemit

Alkhemit

I've read just the opposite, but the labs should be into this far enough by now to give us better ideas. The longer we let trichs turn to amber, the more CBN conversion. CBD is not converted from THC (they are both produced from the same parent constituents, so will be typically show inverse proportionality in total cb ratios).

Ya, CBD is converted from CBDA... the acid form of the compound... when its decarboxylated... heated or dried it converts to CBD. CBGA ---> CBDA Synthase ---> CBDA ---> CBD.

Here's a video:

Afghi420

Afghi420

damn hommie with how much you talk about that ganny your making me what that bitch she must of ben bomb lol

It was the only strain i have ever smoked that was that strong. One thing i dislike is strains that dont last, i have a pretty high tolerance and i hate when i smoke a joint and an hour later can barely notice i am high. The afghi was a strong 4 hour high, i mean after a couple hours you were still glued to the couch. even my father who has been smoking for over 40 years says it was the best he ever had. ive been kind of looking at other strains that have the same kind of resin production like the afghi did, it was a little different, it didnt have crystals all over the uds like most weed, it was just leaf, no hair no crystal, but it was dripping with sticky resin. i think it was the kind of stuff you would use to make charass, ive been checking out some of the strains from nepal and areas where they make charass hoping to find something similar.. There is one strain called Pavarti i found that looks like it may be quite good..

Alkhemit

Alkhemit

..although CBDA & THCA both bind to the CB1 & CB2 receptors.. so you can juice the raw plant and still get the autoimmune down-regulation in the case of Crohn's... ya, its not very sexy but it works lol.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Ya, CBD is converted from CBDA... the acid form of the compound... when its decarboxylated... heated or dried it converts to CBD. CBGA ---> CBDA Synthase ---> CBDA ---> CBD.
this may also mean earlier harvesting rather than later

here's a quick reference chart compiled from the most comprehensive work on the subject (that I know of): http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/pdf/the.total.synthesis.of.cannabinoids.pdf

Cannabinoidsynthesissmallest

Alkhemit

Alkhemit

this may also mean earlier harvesting rather than later
I think you're right brother. We should know sometime this year what the deal is with optimal CBD production in plants. Some of these plants are testing out at 4% CBD at 4 weeks veg from just the leaves... it seems the older strains have those CBD genetics. Everyone bred the shit out of plants for THC production and wiped out those traits. We'll get them back. I started smoking in 79 and remember some of those tastes... by the late 80s it had changed a lot. That's a great flow chart man!

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Alkhemit, are you testing the early veg growth for CBD or CBDA? I think the latter is how some breeders have been doing it (Lawrence @ SoHum?) Are you just using TLC right now or do you have access to analysis equip? (sorry, I need to go back and read from the beginning)

oh, and can follow that link above the chart for the full study, in case I wasn't clear enough.

Alkhemit

Alkhemit

I can only do home colorimetry paper tests so I don't have a percentage readout... just the color splotches. If I go back to work I'll get a used mass spec machine for the house. I got the 4% number from an article.. I think it was on Harlequin but I have no experience with that variety.

Alkhemit

Alkhemit

Quick update on my wife. She's off the home TPN... its like a white nutrient mix that's pumped through a mini home ambulatory machine into a PICC line (main feeding line that goes into her arm) and they took the PICC line out last week. She's gained 14lbs and is looking pretty good... good color. She's been juicing twice a week and just finished 1 month of oil (both home made and lab produced). She smokes a little each morning and and late afternoon & night. Her strength is coming back. After almost 5 years with western drugs, its like night and day. We're going out for our first dinner in 5 months tonight...pretty cool :)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

home colorimetry paper tests

by this do you mean comparative thin-layer blots, or just some sort of indicator paper? Did you get the kit from Cannalytics or make up your own? Can it differentiate between specific acid precursors? (instead of combined as below)

Fullfingerprint2 172x240

Alkhemit

Alkhemit

by this do you mean comparative thin-layer blots, or just some sort of indicator paper? Did you get the kit from Cannalytics or make up your own? Can it differentiate between specific acid precursors? (instead of combined as below)

View attachment 222199

I make my own and they don't look that orderly lol but yes, that's the test. I just test for CBD also. Its an easy test.. you can get everything online pretty cheap. Post #25 in this thread has the breakdown of the test I use.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

excellent, can you cite the book in that photo? my last organic chem lab was quite a few years ago o_O

Alkhemit

Alkhemit

Sure... its from Marijuana Chemstry - Genetics, Processing & Potency; Michael Starks. Ronin Publishing, 1977 & 1990

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I'm sure your rite hommie i just remember jorge cervantez saying that in a grow movie i have. I'm sure your know more now than when that movie was made in movie he said that the more amber your tric's are they start to degrade and go from having tch & thca into cbd & cbn. I think there has got to be some reaction because when i let strain go 10days to 2 week longer than i should with 70 to 85 90% amber the bud is deff more couch lock and stony straight puts u dowm .why do you think it does that I would like to know more My gal has stomach problems and bud helps she just loves dank isnt really picky if i think it's dank she smokes it you know but I can deff tell from my grow's my indi dom strain's i let do that deff helped her more. Any way i'm rambling i blowed lol

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I'm sure your rite hommie i just remember jorge cervantez saying that in a grow movie i have. I'm sure your know more now than when that movie was made in movie he said that the more amber your tric's are they start to degrade and go from having tch & thca into cbd & cbn. I think there has got to be some reaction because when i let strain go 10days to 2 week longer than i should with 70 to 85 90% amber the bud is deff more couch lock and stony straight puts u dowm .why do you think it does that I would like to know more My gal has stomach problems and bud helps she just loves dank isnt really picky if i think it's dank she smokes it you know but I can deff tell from my grow's my indi dom strain's i let do that deff helped her more. Any way i'm rambling i blowed lol
Jorge's older stuff on this was a little off-base sometimes and there are mistakes in those videos, but his more recent/revised comments on the subject seem accurate. The couch-lock is probably from cbn, matches up with your observations on trichs.

While not necessarily at smaller doses, cbd can be sedative in larger amounts (inhaled/cooked anyway, I'm new to raw juicing). It seems especially so when energy levels are already low from compromised health. I'm a big fan of high-dose cbd/cbn as a sedative treatment for resting, so the cb system can focus on doing it's homeostatic re-balancing act. Removing all sources of adrenal stress is super-important too, let the body totally relax and just veg for a while.

Alkhemit

Alkhemit

Jorge's older stuff on this was a little off-base sometimes and there are mistakes in those videos, but his more recent/revised comments on the subject seem accurate. The couch-lock is probably from cbn, matches up with your observations on trichs.

While not necessarily at smaller doses, cbd can be sedative in larger amounts (inhaled/cooked anyway, I'm new to raw juicing). It seems especially so when energy levels are already low from compromised health. I'm a big fan of high-dose cbd/cbn as a sedative treatment for resting, so the cb system can focus on doing it's homeostatic re-balancing act. Removing all sources of adrenal stress is super-important too, let the body totally relax and just veg for a while.

Man... reading yours and Prodigy's posts, makes me realize how much I have to learn...glad you guys are around. For me & the wife this was a little daunting getting back into the scene with all the changes since I grew back in the day. I'm up-potting the CBD Nordles into root-trimming softpots tonight. Any organic additive tips for helping CBD production? I haven't seen any yet but figured I'd ask you guys. Thanks brothers!

Top Bottom