new led/cfl grow-growing green

• Thread starter bf74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kid606

nice progress since i watched last time..
how about resin production? you notice any difference to classic grow lights?

shivavaranessi

dammn this led grow is insane it looks like las vegas in that grow room
i bow down to you bf74 im definatley goin to buy more lights for my setup now take a look at my grow my girls seem to be doing ok there second week in but i want my grow to turn out summit like yours bro lol got any pointers :D
shiva

B

bf74

nice progress since i watched last time..
how about resin production? you notice any difference to classic grow lights?

Thanks kid606- and dont believe the hype-you get just as much resin glands with hps-I dont think leds can necessarily produce more glands-I havent seen it, and no ones shown me any proof.All in all its about even, I'd say.

B

bf74

dammn this led grow is insane it looks like las vegas in that grow room
i bow down to you bf74 im definatley goin to buy more lights for my setup now take a look at my grow my girls seem to be doing ok there second week in but i want my grow to turn out summit like yours bro lol got any pointers :D
shiva
beautiful man, I love it! I forgot how well 1 good ufo produces-2 weeks and buds are forming away-I like the extra floods -looks like you're thinking of an upgrade-feels good knowing these lights are doin their job.Great pics bro-send some more if you get a chance!

S

stoned_desi

HOw long till they are done? Are they able to give u the yield that of HPS? What about the desity of the flower - any different from that of HPS?

B

bf74

fairly dense-not as dense as hps, my next grow will be 150w hps-270w of led- I know what I usually get with the 150-so we'll see.My observations on 1w led units is that they will grow pretty buds by themselves-just not alot of them.Not enough intensity.Add cfls-add a more balanced spectrum+ intensity-you have a better grow system.Add hps-bang!Now this pertains to your 90w ufo's and 1/2 watt diode panels.I'm not talking about the 20w homebrew set-ups on the net.I think you have one here-guy got REAL results-the ufo's are toys in comparison.

shivavaranessi

update on my grow

hi bf74
though ide swing past and give you an update on my neck of the woods lol
shiva:smiley_joint:

shivavaranessi

cheers bf74
i hope to get my led grow as good as yours someday soon
what srain is that your growing in there
peace

B

bf74

thank you my friend, the budded plants are Barneys Farm-Nightshade, the plant on the far right and far left are a mystery sativa heavy mix from greenhouse-someone screwed up and printed Himalaya Gold on the package, I've grown it before many times, and it didnt look anywhere near as sativa as those plants.

shivavaranessi

that barneys farm nightshade looks heavy
i might have to look into that one
cheers buddy:yes
shiva

B

bf74

definitely do-responds very well to pure led.I did the same thing you did-first use all led to see how these things work on their own- you've obviously proved that to yourself- looking at your bud development, I predict a sweet harvest of high quality tops- btw-when I added a little uvb-a reptiglow(reptile bulb-26 wattcfl-) the development of trichomes increased noticably(not dramatically) but it's the trichs we're after eh? And props for beefing up the spectrum with floods-check out the cree 1w diode floods-12w-ebay for like 40US- I have 4 of em- A very useful supplemental light source-fills in those elusive spectrum gaps-or something like that.Some units like the Lumigrow are using red/white.But I've read that blue covers the useful light as well as white.So who knows-like this orange led thing-they apparently help with flowering and overall growth due to alleged carotenoid development.I dont think they know why it works truthfully, so the quest continues, peace

B

bf74

I'm all Nightshaded up-SHADY- what I meant to ask is, do you have any modifications planned for the next led grow-planning it was the fun part for me. It gets addictive.How could a simple hobby like this be illegal?

B

bf74

So are LEDS comparable to 125w or 250w sodium?

Cheers

whats up? I'm still backing my hps as a prima- primary light source- 125-250w will produce wonderfully in a small space at a fraction of the cost of leds- I'd go sodium first, then add leds incrementally-if so desired.

B

bf74

I think shiva may prove me wrong with that awesome ufo grow-I highly advise everyone to check it out-that's one ufo!!

shivavaranessi

I think shiva may prove me wrong with that awesome ufo grow-I highly advise everyone to check it out-that's one ufo!!

lol nice one buddy your still comng out with sme phat-ass budd i want that nightshade im going to order some of those babys next week
peace bf74:damnhippie:

Top Bottom