New RDWC grow featuring Mendel’s Æther by Brother Mendel

• Thread starter SweetLeafGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I was in taking some fan leaves and cleaning things up a bit after that post and wanted to share something I've noticed over the past 2 days, not sure if it's a concern or not but figured I would ask. Yesterday, I noticed some leaflets on some fans and a couple of sugar leaves are sort of cupping downward almost like an upside down tacoing. Not many , just three or four and of the fans doing it, mostly it was one or two of the leaflets doing it.

Today I noticed a bit more, especially when I pulled a weak branch that was too far below the developing canopy. I pulled the branch out and sure enough, it had a couple of fans doing the same thing I saw yesterday. This one was in the back so I either did not see it yesterday or it got like this overnight.

My first thought was BUGS! I scoped the entire affected fans at 1000x and could not see anything moving at all. I looked closely at the base of the peitoles as well as both the top and underside of the affected leaves.

I've been bringing the ppms down because I thought things in the res were a bit hot, so now I wonder if I am seeing the beginning of a deficiency? @Moe.Red @Aqua Man have you seen this kind of thing before?

I have not brought anything into the house so I would be surprised if it's bugs but I did look, maybe I do not have strong enough magnification.

8607CACA ABAE 433E 8CE5 94295E35F762
710BA3A3 DAA4 414C 8C7A 75ECE374992F
C05AE9AC C497 47C5 AE8D 3477A9F68865
9390EB46 08AE 4C21 99DB D86353536BE4
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
This happened to my Stardawg. The LED caused a fast deficiency and I corrected and put in too much N too the mix and caused the reverse taco a few days later. Took awhile for it to correct and it never fully did.

30EF462D D47C 4AD4 A5DC F211E6EABA46
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Thanks guys, hopefully I caught it early enough that it won't affect the flowers too much. I am going to just let the ppm ride down as she eats and watch as the next few days pass. As I said, it's not affecting a large portion of the plant and maybe I caught it early enough!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

When i see leaves pinching in the middle like that it has been because of root damage or bugs or foliar treatments . Not to scare ya. Also seen it with reveg. Hard to say
I will take a closer look at the roots, take a look under the surface of the water and report back if anything seems awry. No foliar, as far as I can tell, no bugs at least that I can see at 1000X magnification. I have not brought anything into the house from any other indoor garden so that would really surprise me if it turned out to be bugs. I will also look for light leaks tonight but think I'm good to go on that.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I did not see any issues with the roots at all and I have not noticed any progression of these reverse tacoing leaves. I've let the ppms drop and going to keep them in that 600 range and see how she responds. I think she looks super healthy other than just a few of these leaves that are weirding out a bit. If it is an N problem, I think this should take care of it. I am going to need to amend the res, most likely tomorrow and thinking it might be a good idea to eliminate the Green this time to make sure those flowering ratios are up where they need to be without adding too much N.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I did not see any issues with the roots at all and I have not noticed any progression of these reverse tacoing leaves. I've let the ppms drop and going to keep them in that 600 range and see how she responds. I think she looks super healthy other than just a few of these leaves that are weirding out a bit. If it is an N problem, I think this should take care of it. I am going to need to amend the res, most likely tomorrow and thinking it might be a good idea to eliminate the Green this time to make sure those flowering ratios are up where they need to be without adding too much N.
Good plan.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Straight out of your playbook my bro, learning how to drive this Ferrari 🏁
Exciting time for you. Got a brand new tent with 4 sites and one of the best lights on the market to test drive. That one will be the Ferrari. Just gotta get you some CO2 now...🤔

Can you get a CO2 tank from the bar cheap? I only pay $41 for 100lb refill its a restaurant tank I refill at the welding supply. 1 tank lasts me 2.5 grows (I have 2 tanks in parallel) and I figure adds 20% to my speed or final number or both. Just another knob to make the most weed out of a given footprint per year. You would probably be able to fit another grow per year and still get higher numbers per grow.

It's the next level for you if you want to go there.

$39

plus the tank. Make friends with the person that orders refills from the bar I bet they pay close to nothing for the tanks.

I'll hook you up with the CO2 controller part like we discussed.

Not needed, maybe something to plan for.

The problem then is controlling environment in a sealed room. But I'll bet you can get a window AC unit cheap and make it work. Something like Aqua did.

I've never looked close at if the amount of bud per $ in electric bill made financial sense tho. My gut says it does. This would take a load off your central AC.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Exciting time for you. Got a brand new tent with 4 sites and one of the best lights on the market to test drive. That one will be the Ferrari. Just gotta get you some CO2 now...🤔

Can you get a CO2 tank from the bar cheap? I only pay $41 for 100lb refill its a restaurant tank I refill at the welding supply. 1 tank lasts me 2.5 grows (I have 2 tanks in parallel) and I figure adds 20% to my speed or final number or both. Just another knob to make the most weed out of a given footprint per year. You would probably be able to fit another grow per year and still get higher numbers per grow.

It's the next level for you if you want to go there.

$39

plus the tank. Make friends with the person that orders refills from the bar I bet they pay close to nothing for the tanks.

I'll hook you up with the CO2 controller part like we discussed.

Not needed, maybe something to plan for.

The problem then is controlling environment in a sealed room. But I'll bet you can get a window AC unit cheap and make it work. Something like Aqua did.

I've never looked close at if the amount of bud per $ in electric bill made financial sense tho. My gut says it does. This would take a load off your central AC.
You got me thinking bro. Just one door in the room that would have to seal up when closed. I will have to do a bit more reading up on that subject of CO2. I’m peripherally aware of it but not that knowledgeable on the topic.

I could probably get CO2 tanks from my boss at the bar.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Got a weekend update going, cruising along on overdrive with this grow. PH has been super stable, just locked in slight rises and drops, barely had to adjust it at all. This plant is not as heavy a feeder as I first assumed, mostly because I was perplexed about the light green growth, which I think I can reasonably attribute to the genetics. Nitrogen excess caught early and riding ppms around that 600 mark seems to have taken care of that.

I amended the res yesterday with two gallons worth of week 3 flower ratios of Brown and Pink, sans Green this time.

She is frosting up like crazy and seems to even be getting some unique color going. Really excited about this strain, have heard really good things about it.

The new pruning technique is allowing lots of room for those lower flowers to get light and also good air movement. I think there are 17 flower sites, or thereabouts. It's not the perfect canopy but I am getting closer to mastering this aspect of good growing practices. Some guys really have a knack for this or more likely, have years of experience perfecting their craft. Fun stuff regardless.

BD27AB3C F346 4531 82AE 175E6AF273AA
C3773343 BB1F 4813 8146 590DA0CE83BE
6C4D3C7F 284F 4A2D AE15 555EF3314700
808E90B5 D577 4146 AA85 36923F460218
E028F495 5179 450A 8B9B C87AB6EC1F9B
BF4251B5 7CDA 4A64 A045 C60E681F7970
D8455A43 C60C 453B 9CBD 1AA991764105
3D32545E E17B 449C A359 428CB63F7ACB
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I'm still looking at an apparent N excess, some of the leaflets are still cupping downward and there is still a lot of dark green on the lower part of the plant. I'm not seeing it get a lot worse but perhaps a bit so I decided to dilute the res down a bit today. Seems perhaps I found this gal's sweet spot right around 600 ppm but the res is still a bit rich in N.

I pulled a gallon of water from the res and amended with a tad bit more than one gallons worth of GH Brown and Pink, again, no Green at this time, that is where most of the N resides. My goal is to get the N concentration down and bring P and K up a bit at the same time, trying to dial in those ratios that this gal wants. I'm impressed with how frosty she is already. Talk about resin rails @Moe.Red! I've never had them this impressive before, you may be able to see what I am talking about in these photos, some general pics of current growth and some of the affected leaflets and dark green down on the lower part of the plant.

40E417D6 AED6 4683 AA7F D08FF43E80BE
0CBF77E2 FEE5 49FB A20D 0F3A4D183F6C
F6AC17D3 A0E0 4A48 9C7D E84BC801F844
4095D119 B5F8 40D5 A336 93338C9019B5
2D5E7C5A BB80 4F1D A5A5 BB786D536C62
2943F021 A5C8 43B6 9442 D19419197A08
B30BF582 C1F1 40FD AC37 4E19F7837F12
A4CC79BC 27EA 451C BE08 67A9B1E5EC03
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I'm still looking at an apparent N excess, some of the leaflets are still cupping downward and there is still a lot of dark green on the lower part of the plant. I'm not seeing it get a lot worse but perhaps a bit so I decided to dilute the res down a bit today. Seems perhaps I found this gal's sweet spot right around 600 ppm but the res is still a bit rich in N.

I pulled a gallon of water from the res and amended with a tad bit more than one gallons worth of GH Brown and Pink, again, no Green at this time, that is where most of the N resides. My goal is to get the N concentration down and bring P and K up a bit at the same time, trying to dial in those ratios that this gal wants. I'm impressed with how frosty she is already. Talk about resin rails @Moe.Red! I've never had them this impressive before, you may be able to see what I am talking about in these photos, some general pics of current growth and some of the affected leaflets and dark green down on the lower part of the plant.
Micro (brown) is heavy N

Screenshot 20230210 185131 Chrome

Latest posts

Top Bottom