Hey, at least I don't have any bugs!
Ya got that right! We've had to buy them for the first time in a couple of years because our freeloading cluckers have not been putting out for a coupe of months. Unreal how they have gone up.Oooooh good idea. I’m getting me some basement chickens. With the price of eggs right now they will be worth more than the weed down there.
Is that your normal water height, did you just refill? Looks like it's just above the bottom of the netpot.
Current culture makes these inserts. I remember seeing someone on this site using them. Not sure what a 1 and 1/2" stalk would do.Cruising along here, almost a week since I flipped to 12/12. I did notice a slight but of leaf tip burn this week and backed the ppms off from 1200 to 1050 or thereabouts, seems to. have fixed any excesses that were present. This gal is drinking more than any plant I have grown in hydro, two gallons yesterday, wow. I have pulled so many leaves and branches, way more than in the past, trying to pick my bud sites, something new Moe taught me that I have been trying to implement, think I am doing way better this go round and this plant is a lot easier to train because the nodal distances are much more spread out than the Mac Dragon, this one is going to get some height. She is already stretching and I am anticipating being very tight on headroom. Once she gets a bit taller, I will put a net trellis in there to support a lot of huge buds!
ps. did you notice how those roots are causing that net pot to burst outward? wow
Looking great dude thanks for the details.I'm thinking a little over a week since flip, things appear to be going well. She still comes out with the light green but it eventually darkens up to a normal color. She's drinking about 2 gallons a day and the roots are massive and I do believe it shows. I've had to defoliate every couple of days, she keeps throwing these huge fans that cover everything up, and despite 3 fans, I'm getting some leaf to leaf transpiration so gotta get them thinned out!
@Cool_Beans, I also amended the res today, she was down around the 890 ppm mark so I brought her back up to that ~1000 ppm that she seems to like, added two gallons worth of GH trio at the week 2 flower aggressive feed ratios. Didn't touch the ph, which is super stable right now, very slow rise. The nutes brought the ph down a point, which is just what I expected. I will watch and it will likely drop some after adding new nutrients, which is the trend I have seen, but then stablize shortly afterward, my guess is it will stablize before I have to adjust the ph up since I was riding at 6.0, now at 5.9, lots of room to drift down to that 5.4 mark. Letting the ph drift like that is said to have the effect of bringing nutrients in and out of their preferred zones and give a more rounded access to nutrients than anally keeping it at 5.8 like I did in the beginning, I guess it's more of an advanced technique.
I also did another huge defoliation taking many branches that will not make it to the canopy and fans down below the trellis. I pretty much have all my bud sites picked but will have to take more branching as I see how the new colas develop, she is still throwing a lot of new branches and I will be taking those off where they have no chance to make it to an already crowded canopy. She has started to stretch and I will be able to tell much more in the next couple of weeks as to where the bud sites will be and which ones still need to be removed. I'm very new to this in hydro where things go much quicker and robust than I am used to.
Also, one other observation, she is throwing preflowers, got a photo of one. There are a few random pistils showing themselves verifying this is a lady. Not sure what the small spikes are but I think they are part of the preflowers. I have never seen these so long on any of my other plants. I'm super excited about this strain and it's supposed medicinal properties.
Some before's and after's-