New Release Attention All

• Thread starter Ned Kelly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

well 4 of the barbies are just about ready for a new home . 1 is yet to sprout . the 2 lime skunks are up just as i took these shots i noticed one of the probes had just started pushing through . Being there older i guess they may take longer to pop . germinate in my clone tent as the light keeps the tent around 28c and the heat mat keeps it around 20c witch emulates summer when seeds germ well .
Lings 001
Lings 002

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Nh 001
Nh 002
Put soil in pots 40%perlite 60 organic soil watered with a week solution of bio boost root booster . ill let them sit 4 24 then lightly water with tank water and pop them in their new home witch i have running now to test temps and stuff .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

came home today and one of the Barbies had called it quits . As a consolidation one of the Indianna johsonson have poked through . Put 2 more barb seeds in water as i wanted atleast 4 to run with . Potted and placed the remaining 3 barbs in new home . Barb 1 had extremely good roots suprisly so for a 4 day old seedling . nope didnt think to do a photo to focused on the job at hand .
1 down 001
1 down 002
1 down 003

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

in pots and spent there first night in there midway home . Got alfalfa sprouts on the go ( thanks @jumpincactus ) for there first tea .

Entry 001
Entry 002
Entry 003
Entry 004

Ive planted them pots that are a little wider than cups to give a wider root base and because these pots r 30 cents each i cut the top collars off to use for watering when they go in to bigger pots to encourage the roots to go down same thing i do outdoors. Im leaving some space for extra soil so a little stretch wont matter . Something i picked up here that while the stems are still fluid you can plant some of the stem below the soil .Forget who's post that was .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Quick update ive ended up with 4 barbies 2 lime skunk 1 alien probe and 2 indianna johnsen . Both the IJ,s are struggling as id suspect with old seeds but the up . so in with a chance . Been struggling with over watering and temps while lights r off . Thanks to a very knowledgeable farm member this is now sorted( much thanks) . never done seedlings under lights before . Normally seed and veg outside for 3 weeks before they go under and i can see why now . Started with a t5 to cold added 2 180 watt leds . to hot added small fan in tent still to hot . Over watered trying to compensate for heat . Stalks and leaves started to go weird . Tryed with one led and t5 still hot and leaves were getting bleached .
Wtf 009

who,d of thunk a little tent like this could cause so much trouble. Added and temp control switch and small portable heater so when it goes below 23c on comes heater . changed light to 250 w mh and now things are a lot better . started watering with a squrit bottle as my heavy handed approach wasnt working and now the girls get 2 squirts a day . They are now alot happier. But top temp gets to 30.5 c so ive ordered a 4 inch proper induction fan . the 6 inch with reducer is causing to much back blow and not enough in tent so i be removing that as the extra fan turns up . Now if i can get 4 weeks of good solid growing i should be good to flip .
Wtf 010

str8smokn

str8smokn

Good luck ,the joy of working out the kinks-- fine tuning the grow..I don't know if those tents can handle bushes that your used to growing. Lol ..I subbed in for the adventure..

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Yea no trees in doors for me bro . think max height after light and 12 inches is 5 ft . maybe 5.5 ft lol.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Just when i think i have the tent sorted the weather changes . Fruck this little tent is killing me . dont want to get a reverse cycle but im out of ideas to stabilise the temps . Our climate doesnt help always big swings from 20c - 4c yesterday . Any ideas . add light for heat remove heater . anything i really want to keep temp swing between 5c movement

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Trouble comes from lights off . The temp on off control doesnt seem to be adequately regulating temp would the sensor wire touching metal affect this?
IMG 1422

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

yep good old Chinese quality, first wind blew the hatch off and the latch never worked again, lol.

I have that same compost bin, with the same brick holding that bloody spring load lid down because the Latch is useless, I see yours fell off LMAO!!!

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

LMAO mine worked but after one hot day the latch never grabbed again. Oh well!! Thanks China

str8smokn

str8smokn

sensor touching metal,it is a problem if you have heat blowing into tent where metal is sitting( heating the metal that the sensor is touching will stay hot longer then tent possibly). Thats my thoughts..or you have bad sensor?

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

sensor touching metal,it is a problem if you have heat blowing into tent where metal is sitting( heating the metal that the sensor is touching will stay hot longer then tent possibly). Thats my thoughts..or you have bad sensor?

Yeah more great Chinese goods but theirs nothing else .Will check were sensor goes through zip that makes sense as it would work the other way with cold .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

If that doesn't work i burning this tent don't like the 2 inlet thing especially with cold air in at the back creates to many turns in ducting . At the time it was the only one i could find to fit the space . But ive found a new one that would be a lot better to ventilate with cold air on left hand side warm air up top and back for wires . Dont like being away from it while im not happy with the temp spread . But have to work so to ease my mind $100.00 is a small price to pay .

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Badboy dsicounts on EBAY sells some cheap tents with a pile of vent ports, wire ports, velcroed intakes with screens

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Capture

This ryan riley is going straight on my shit list . Thank god i didnt pay for the book and downloaded it Complete control hahaha never had the problems with seedlings ive had indoors out . Guaranteed good quality every time roflmao . Hope his actual growing ideas are better than his intro . Arse clown

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Small update have 3 barb seedlings that r growing all be it slowly witch i think is due to very low RH so have purchased a evap aircon to use as air intake . 1 has sprouted and grown but seems stagnant now . so i popped 3 more beans in to make sure i get 5 viable healthy seedlings go into veg . Also got a new tent with more height and better inlet/outlet options am aiming to get it to 60% Rh and constant 26 c for the seedlings

Top Bottom