New Room And First Grow With Under Current!

• Thread starter yukon369
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCMETOO

UCMETOO

I was taught to top after 4-5 nodes of growth. I only have 7 and 1/2 foot ceiling so I start tying them and spreading them out early.

just a thought but you might like the information in the "mainline topping BEST METHOD thread" that is some killer info there!

yukon369

yukon369

Getting ready to flip the girls. Any comments on how they look and if you see a nutrient deficiency would be great. I am a newbie. Thanks!

IMG 2117 3 1
IMG 2118 1
IMG 2119 2 1
IMG 2120 2 1
IMG 2121 2 1
IMG 2122 1
DapperDon

DapperDon

Tips are a little crispy, but they look good. You are far gentler than I would ever be with my ladies. Right before flip mine, if they had mouths they would all be screaming their Safety Words.

yukon369

yukon369

Tips are a little crispy, but they look good. You are far gentler than I would ever be with my ladies. Right before flip mine, if they had mouths they would all be screaming their Safety Words.
lol thanks! I'm Trying to be gentle to them this run sense there are so many strains I want them all to get along so things go smoothly through flower. Definitely all the same strain next run.

U

Unicorns

lol thanks! I'm Trying to be gentle to them this run sense there are so many strains I want them all to get along so things go smoothly through flower. Definitely all the same strain next run.
They don't all have too be the same. My buddy runs Chemdog 91 and SuperSour OG kush at the same time. Both finish at 77 days from flip and stretch are similar. No issues if you do your homework.

DapperDon

DapperDon

I have always found that if you are growing sativas, then you can mix them up a little. The same with indi's. Shit starts going downhill when you mix sat's with indi's. I monocrop personally because my system is so small and I always come in @ 1 - 1.5 potatoes per run that I always have a nice selection when I go to my "pantry".

Papa

Papa

Supporter
these are going to blow up. you may need to figure out how to get your cages higher . . . maybe you can add "extensions" to the top of them or use yo-yos for the upper branches.

I leave more room around the trunks for circulation, like a 5" hole in the reflectix. you want the bottom of your trunks to remain as dry as possible to prevent rot. if they're closed up too much the humidity coming up from the water will keep that area too moist.

yukon369

yukon369

these are going to blow up. you may need to figure out how to get your cages higher . . . maybe you can add "extensions" to the top of them or use yo-yos for the upper branches.

I leave more room around the trunks for circulation, like a 5" hole in the reflectix. you want the bottom of your trunks to remain as dry as possible to prevent rot. if they're closed up too much the humidity coming up from the water will keep that area too moist.
Yeah I'm working on extending the cages I think next run i'm going to hang them from the ceiling. Going to drop some vert lighting in soon. Im thinking 8 600s? Going to get right on opening up the holes in the reflectix tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!!

U

Unicorns

Yeah I'm working on extending the cages I think next run i'm going to hang them from the ceiling. Going to drop some vert lighting in soon. Im thinking 8 600s? Going to get right on opening up the holes in the reflectix tomorrow. Thanks for the advice!!
I'm not sure if you are aware but they make what my hydro store calls parkers that are made of that reflectix material .It is all machined together .It covers entire bucket. Great insulator. It has a cut opening for net pods that I use cloth pins for top feeding when the girls are babies. I have 8 gallon buckets and they cost $20 each. I used reflectix to wrap my pipe and made up a parker for the epie as that has a solid top so the parker wouldn't work. Doing this and putting my chiller and air pump outside the room I have been able to run without AC. Although last summer wasn't very hot here in NE

yukon369

yukon369

I'm not sure if you are aware but they make what my hydro store calls parkers that are made of that reflectix material .It is all machined together .It covers entire bucket. Great insulator. It has a cut opening for net pods that I use cloth pins for top feeding when the girls are babies. I have 8 gallon buckets and they cost $20 each. I used reflectix to wrap my pipe and made up a parker for the epie as that has a solid top so the parker wouldn't work. Doing this and putting my chiller and air pump outside the room I have been able to run without AC. Although last summer wasn't very hot here in NE
My chiller and air pumps are outside the the room. I have a passive air intake with no ac and leds so no heat from those. I live in a cool climate so shouldn't have to worry about summer temps. I am going to add 8 600 verts next week for side lighting. Then will see how the temp is. Then I might need those parkas.What temp do you like to run your water in the system? I'm at 64 and liking it a lot even thought of going to 62. Thanks for the advice.

DapperDon

DapperDon

65 is the magic number for me. With all the tanks, rez, and piping properly insulated (and not just wrapping that shitty reflectix over it) my chiller doesn't even break a sweat.

Top Bottom