New Room, New Medium, New Strain

• Thread starter Renseller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Renseller

Renseller

Looking good renseller, loving the led's, been contemplating buying a decent set for a while now, can't wait to see how you're girls turn out ;) subbed
Thanks eskii! LEDs are the shit, definitely a worthwhile investment.
Enjoy the show :)

Renseller

Renseller

Good morning all,

Here are the ladies at week 3:

IMG 4505
IMG 4535
IMG 4498
IMG 4542
IMG 4551
IMG 4555

So far, they seem to love the coco/pro-mix beds that G and I are trying out in both of our gardens. It retains water well with no run off to be seen.

I have just recently brought down the feed to 750 - 800 ppm (1.5 - 1.6 EC) and applied another treatment of BotaniGard to keep the gnats at bay.
I forgot to mention that I've also been adding 100 ppm of GH CaliMagic since I've started using the RO water the dehumidifier has been producing.

I also sprayed a light dose of Triacontanol, which in turn gave me some leaf curling. Although it is not recommended to foliar feed during the flowering weeks, I had an interesting tool available to me that I wanted to experiment with. Seeing how lightly it dusted the plants with moisture, I'm not necessarily afraid of using it during flower, even into the later weeks. Has anyone ever tried, or use micro foggers regularly?

Thanks for stopping by, and happy farming to you all! :)
Renseller

Renseller

Renseller

That MicroFog atomizer is the cats elbows! Plants are looking killer too! Seen a video of it in use, fog remaining for 2-3 minutes, thing is simply amazing for foliar.
Thanks tobh! I'm excited to try foliar feeding compost teas. Maybe even do some side-by-side comparisons of notable products sprayed daily next run. :)

Renseller

Renseller

Hey y'all,

Took these on day 29. No changes have been made this week, but I will be feeding Jack's Blossom Booster from here on until flower! Anyone have good results with this...?

That's all for now, see you guys next week. :)

Much Peace and Love

DSC0566
 DSC0547
 DSC0578
 DSC0575
 DSC0576
 DSC0583
 DSC0595
 DSC0584

Renseller

Renseller

I will be using Jack's BB until the END of flower, is what I meant to say. :p

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Looking damn good, girl! Already frosting up and you've got some very nice internodal spacing. These ladies should stack up beautifully for you. G knows what he's doing, that's for damn sure! Keep up the good work lady, excited to see these finish out. I'm two weeks out from chop myself, wishing mine had stacked like this lol.

One Love,
tobh

Renseller

Renseller

Looking damn good, girl! Already frosting up and you've got some very nice internodal spacing. These ladies should stack up beautifully for you. G knows what he's doing, that's for damn sure! Keep up the good work lady, excited to see these finish out. I'm two weeks out from chop myself, wishing mine had stacked like this lol.

One Love,
tobh

Thanks tobh :) I am an incredibly lucky gal to have G...he has been a great teacher to me for the past two years. He has answered hundreds of my questions, helped me solve problems, and has shared his insight. Needless to say, I am blessed to have him by my side.

I really like your inventive micro grow. I'd like to think that if it gets you stoned, it was a success. ;) Best of luck on your ladies, friend!

Renseller

Renseller

Greetings friends,

The girls are starting to pack on weight! Here they are on day 35:

DSC0610
 DSC0622
 DSC0599
 DSC0639
 DSC0623
IMG 1160

I noticed Jack's BB is making an effect...they're stacking more so than if I were to feed them Jack's Pro. I'm definitely digging the results so far.
I had kept their feedings at 800 ppm, but just recently lowered it to 600 ppm and will keep it at that number unless I see the start of some deficiency.

Gnats are still present, one or two are spotted daily. I put another layer of Pro-Mix BX on top of the beds so that it's more compact so the little f*ckers can't get in and out as easily. They are pretty well under control, I just don't want any population explosions to happen...

The humidity is getting a bit high, around 60%. Temps are getting higher now too since spring is in full fledge. It was at a consistent 83 - 85 F, but now it's running as high as 88 - 89 F the last two days...gotta change that. Luckily the girls don't seem stressed by it yet, but I know this will be an issue once summer rolls around. G and I plan to work on the room some more once this run is over, so temps and humidity will eventually be stabilized (and CO2 will hopefully be added too!)

In the next week I hope to give them a foliar feed of Terpinator with the micro sprayer...still on the fence on whether I should or not. I'll be doing even more research on this product to see if it's worth it. Any hardcore fans of Terp out there? I'm open to any advice/suggestions.

Thanks for checking in, and happy farming to one and all! :)

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Looking real good!

Based on what I understand about VPD, despite running the higher temps you have the humidity to facilitate a decent VPD still. I know the struggle with heat though, total pain in the ass.

As for terpinator, I've read good and bad things. If there were a way to avoid contacting a control plant with your mist, I'd say do a side by side. But I know how those microfoggers are and that would be a total pita. Good luck either way, I'll be watching!

One Love,
tobh

Renseller

Renseller

Looking real good!

Based on what I understand about VPD, despite running the higher temps you have the humidity to facilitate a decent VPD still. I know the struggle with heat though, total pain in the ass.

As for terpinator, I've read good and bad things. If there were a way to avoid contacting a control plant with your mist, I'd say do a side by side. But I know how those microfoggers are and that would be a total pita. Good luck either way, I'll be watching!

One Love,
tobh

Ahh is that so? That's good to hear. I still need to do my research about VPD, I'm not sure I fully understand it.

I would like to try it out but I want to make sure the elements that are present in it are completely organic...I've been reading that there's heavy metals present like arsenic, which is okay for plant life (even animal and human life) but only if it's ORGANIC. Inorganic arsenic builds up in tissues and is extremely toxic...
Contrary to these readings, I've read the MSDS of Terpinator and they state that NO heavy metals were detected whatsoever. Back to the drawing board I guess.

I was thinking of hand feeding Terp to one tray exclusively for two weeks and comparing that way since, like you said, the sprayer could be a pain to control as it disperses like a fog. Maybe I'll try spraying it after all instead of feed it. We'll see.

Thanks for the words tobh, always appreciate the insight. :)
Peace and Love

Renseller

Renseller

Hello everyone,

Here's how my Fruity Chronic Juice ladies are doing on day 43:

DSC0671
 DSC0717
 DSC0695
 DSC0689
 DSC0714
 DSC0719
 DSC0697
 DSC0727
 DSC0702
 DSC0686

They've been receiving 500 ppm (1.0 EC) of Jacks BB and I've proceeded to spray them with Terpinator over two days (so far) at 3ml per 400 ml of RO water. It's too early to tell, but hopefully it makes a difference.

The temps have been a bit lower since the addition of a fan to help blow air out of the room, around 75 - 83 F. As has the humidity, around 52% - 56%.

I've checked their trichomes and it's about 50/50 cloudy/clear. I think in another two weeks they'll be ready. :)

I plan to do some other products as a foliar in the next few days, maybe Axiom and Jaz Rose spray. I know adding a barrage of products could confuse them if not done properly, so I will be carefully dosing to make sure I don't overwhelm them.

Please don't hesitate to chime in if you have suggestions! ;)

See y'all next week, and happy spring! :D

Renseller

Renseller

Day 51 Update:

DSC0760
 DSC0739
 DSC0771
 DSC0763
 DSC0756
 DSC0758

I recently flushed the medium with RO water and 10 ml of drip clean to help clear out any built up salts. The run off was at a staggering 2000 ppm. Oops...probably should have flushed more. :rolleyes: The girls aren't showing any signs of sickness, but I do feel they've been a bit overfed. I will probably be flushing with RO water for the rest of their days, with a few doses of Botanicare Sweet Citrus added to the mix.

G did me the favor of spraying them with Jazz Rose spray (50 ppm), and I also fed one dose of G10 (4 ml to 1 gallon).

So far this strain has absolutely no smell at a distance, but give a bud a couple squeezes and she smells like Juicy Fruit gum. I tried a sample of this strain from another's harvest and it was a pleasant stone with a heavy body buzz. Very relaxing and anti-anxiolytic, my kind of toke. Not the strongest flowers on the planet, but that's okay. I prefer to smoke a whole joint and enjoy the come up, rather than taking one hit and wonder what ridiculous nonsense I've been spacing out about for the past 15 minutes. Although I do enjoy that too from time to time. ;)

As far as the gnats go, they are booming. They truly exploded in numbers the hottest and most humid day this past week. I witnessed dozens of fliers coming out of the edges of the bedding. The 3 yellow sticky traps I put out had at least 40 on each the next day...they are back with a vengeance. Luckily, this garden will probably finish in 7 - 10 more days, so not all hope is lost. Their hairs are turning orange and the trichs are coming in cloudy. Hope these girls make it! I might try bringing in some rosemary to ward them off, although I don't know how much it would help.

Thanks for reading and happy farming all!
"May your harvests be bountiful" :)

Renseller

Renseller

What a beautiful finish to your new set up. Sorry your having bug issues. Thanks again for sharing. Much learned!:)

It's a significant difference from last run! An enclosed area was definitely needed. I'm learning more and more each day...I don't think it'll ever stop lol.
I'll get those gnats under control eventually. ;) Just gotta make it to harvest!
Thanks Orcaman!

Renseller

Renseller

Day 58:

Looks like it's almost the end of the road for these ladies. They still have some clear trichs which will hopefully milk up by next week. The tops will probably be coming down on day 64, and the rest a few days later. I am anxious to harvest them so the gnats won't keep chomping away!

I have been fogging them with fulvic and silica every couple days. They have not been watered for the past week, the medium has been left to dry out to keep the gnats' numbers down. I gave a thorough flush of 0 ppm water with Drip Clean beforehand, and the coco/peat mix has kept damp.

G has begun to open up the room and an AC is now running. Temp at the canopy level is currently 77 - 83 F, humidity at a high of 60%. This strain is known to be mold resistant so I'm hoping that's the case. The dehumidifier can only do so much. :oops:

See y'all at harvest. :)
 DSC0497
 DSC0546
 DSC0496
 DSC0541
 DSC0522

My biggest girl. Directly under the BD-700U...she loves it so much under there, her top got bleached!
 DSC0504
 DSC0525

Gnat trap graveyard :(
 DSC0547

DSC0521

G working hard on extending the room! ;)
 DSC0508
 DSC0560

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

gnats... I hate them. By the time you see the adults flying they have already bumped uglies and laid eggs in your media, which is why you are always battling them. You need to kill not only the adults but the emerging larvae

Best cure I have found hands down is food grade diatomaceous earth spread liberally over the surface of your grow media. Wear a dust respirator while applying, after the dust has settled it's safe. Bu it absolutly kills the little buggers, adults and new hatches

Outstanding garden by the way, been lurking and watching your thread and several other led grow threads and I have been inspired, thanks for sharing y'alls knowledge

Renseller

Renseller

gnats... I hate them. By the time you see the adults flying they have already bumped uglies and laid eggs in your media, which is why you are always battling them. You need to kill not only the adults but the emerging larvae

Best cure I have found hands down is food grade diatomaceous earth spread liberally over the surface of your grow media. Wear a dust respirator while applying, after the dust has settled it's safe. Bu it absolutly kills the little buggers, adults and new hatches

Outstanding garden by the way, been lurking and watching your thread and several other led grow threads and I have been inspired, thanks for sharing y'alls knowledge

Thank you kindly stanknkatz!
Hope to see a grow of yours with LEDs one day. :p

The battle with the gnats rages on...they've been present in the garden for the past two years we've been living here. They originally came from a Fox Farm soil bag that my partner bought years ago when he first started growing. We haven't been able to fully eradicate them, just knock em back. They haven't gotten this bad in awhile...and we know why. We haven't been able to purchase and apply beneficial nematodes, which is literally the only thing that works for us. Once we apply that to all mediums we hardly, or never, see them.

We tried diatomaceous earth last year for a couple months...it resulted in some strange pH issues, so we moved on to other methods. Nematodes have worked perfectly, it's just an expensive preventative. The "small ranch size" is what we usually get to do one application on everything, and it's around $200. Do that every two months or so and it can get pricey. :dead:

Top Bottom