New Room, New Medium, New Strain

• Thread starter Renseller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Renseller

Renseller

Greetings friends,

The girls still had a few clear trichs on them amongst the cloudy, but they seemed ripe enough. The medium was left to dry out after a flush that took place over 20 days ago (it was still moist when I dug through it yesterday!). They were finally chopped on day 68:

DSC0606
 DSC0597
 DSC0572
 DSC0607
 DSC0603
 DSC0616
 DSC0602
 DSC0612
IMG 1286
 DSC0625

The biggest cola...she came in at 64 grams wet. All thanks to the BlackDog!
 DSC0623
 DSC0627
 DSC0633

Only larf left to be made into oils and concentrates. :)
 DSC0638

A big thanks to everyone's kind words, advice, attention, and positive vibes. Hope you guys enjoyed the show as much as I loved tending to this garden. :)

I'll be back to post some bud shots and give a proper smoke report!

Much peace and love to you all! Keep it green. :D

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Damn girl! You came correct as fuck on the finish here! Very nice looking pull, can't wait to see what these ladies smoke like!

What kind of aromas were you getting during harvest? Any particular reason for the wet trim as opposed to dry?

Have enjoyed following your work here, between you and G, I am consistently thrown back in my seat. You guys put it down legit out there for sure!

One Love,
tobh

Renseller

Renseller

Damn girl! You came correct as fuck on the finish here! Very nice looking pull, can't wait to see what these ladies smoke like!

What kind of aromas were you getting during harvest? Any particular reason for the wet trim as opposed to dry?

Have enjoyed following your work here, between you and G, I am consistently thrown back in my seat. You guys put it down legit out there for sure!

One Love,
tobh

This strain is interesting...if you were to squeeze and smell your fingers it has a very fruity aroma. Almost like Juicy Fruit gum! But, while trimming me and G noticed it has more of a "spice" or "peppery" smell. It even tickles the inside of your nose when you take a nice big whiff. :p

As far as wet trimming goes...we did a general big leaf finger pick, didn't really shear off any leaves. We used scissors just to shuck the buds off the branches. This is the method we chose just to make things quicker. I know a full wet trim releases (or traps?) more chlorophyll than if it were done dry, so we tried to avoid clipping any leaves. After a full dry and cure, we plan to manicure a bit more.

Thanks for following tobh, I always appreciate the kind words and observing your work as well. I hope to one day try growing my own crosses like yourself! How rewarding that must be. :)

Namaste,
Ren

Renseller

Renseller

Very nice man. How did the LED's do for you density/penetration wise?

Thanks SourDank!

Although I don't have much experience flowering with other light fixtures, I feel the LEDs contributed to a denser and hardier product. I had a mate growing the same strain with HPS in hydro and their plants weren't as plump as mine, but that could be from various other factors I'm sure.

I tried to keep the canopy even so that no light would be wasted. Even after defoliating several times, there was popcorn that didn't receive sufficient light and didn't come out so nice. Otherwise, everything else that was exposed couldn't have been happier. The BlackDog has especially impressed me! The hardier/higher producing plants were under that fixture.

SourDank

SourDank

I just looked at your profile, so sorry for calling you man! You just assume sometimes given there are so many guys compared to women, again my apologies . Thanks for the quick response

Renseller

Renseller

I just looked at your profile, so sorry for calling you man! You just assume sometimes given there are so many guys compared to women, again my apologies . Thanks for the quick response

No worries! No offense taken. I suppose I should have used a more feminine name...but I like to keep it androgynous. ;) Haha

Renseller

Renseller

Hey y'all,

I thought it was about time for a smoke report after all the work and hours I spent tending these ladies. This is the moment that every gardener looks forward after all! :)

After a general finger pick and shuck, the flowers were left to dry on hanging racks for 5 days, in an air conditioned and humidity controlled room (temps were around 60-65 F and humidity at 60%).
They were then placed into cardboard boxes to cure in the freezer. I know what you're thinking...putting bud in the freezer sounds hazardous, and strange. But after much research, freeze curing has shown to help preserve volatile terpenes, prevent mold from growing, and is considered a "hands off" method compared to using jars or bags (this applies to "frost free" freezers). Ed Rosenthal was one of the first to mention this in his Marijuana Grower's Handbook, but if anyone is interested in educating themselves further on the matter, this forum has even more info. :)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=186222

I will not be following the typical guidelines of the THCFarmer smoke report, since half of it would mostly be blank. Unfortunately, this particular jumble of genetics didn't really produce a strong smell or particular taste. When fresh, their aroma was similar to Juicy Fruit gum, that's only if you touched enough of the oils. But standing in the room alone, these plants did not give off any stink. During trim, they smelled more like pepper or spices, and while drying, only the scent of chlorophyll could be picked up. After a long cure they finally have a bit of a "dankness" to them, but it wouldn't fill the room if you opened a zip of it, and it is certainly not sticky to the touch.
One of the reasons this may be is, this strain is not particularly resinous. The trichome heads are noticeably smaller than those observed on other strains through a microscope, even though it appears frosty to the naked eye. This lack of resin affected the overall quality of this harvest, but it still gets me (and all who have tried it) quite stoned. :)

The buzz from this strain can be felt more so in the body, rather than the head. It provides a very relaxing effect, great for anxiety or as a nighttime smoke.

It is not insanely potent, so it doesn't hit you like a ton of bricks after the first rip. Rather, the high creeps up lightly as time passes, and is very soothing. It's hard to do much after smoking this herb, it makes me incredibly sluggish. :p I have noticed it is also an exceptionally smooth smoke too!

DSC0497

DSC0502

That's all folks, thanks again for stopping by! :)

Much Peace and Love to All

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Lovely Work @Renseller .. great to see there are a few Female growers.. don't come across alot of them
keep up the great w0rk
Grow Strong
Stay high
Smokes~

Renseller

Renseller

Lovely Work @Renseller .. great to see there are a few Female growers.. don't come across alot of them
keep up the great w0rk
Grow Strong
Stay high
Smokes~

It may be a man's world, but us ladies have a nature to nurture. :) As time goes on, I believe we will be seeing many more females in the cannabis industry.

Thank you for the kind words, friend! All the best to you.

Top Bottom