new to uc

• Thread starter ri420patient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

man , they look great ! as long as they keep eating and drinking, keep feeding . as long as the ph continues to make that swing upwards all is good .

ri420patient

ri420patient

man , they look great ! as long as they keep eating and drinking, keep feeding . as long as the ph continues to make that swing upwards all is good .

thanks bd8 ive been taking advice all around the forums i think i had a problem with my ppm meter there was something stuck in between the sensors i cleaned them out and it was reading right it went back up to 342 which means they ate about 20 ppms over night but i noticed they up took more water then they usually do today was the end of 2 weeks and the start of the 3 so ill let them eat up a little more i just added some uc roots today but no nutes theres still some in there and there looking healthy still need to cut more fence

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

They r looking great...how much cal mag did u end up using ... With ro or tap water ?? Looks like u found the sweet spot.

ri420patient

ri420patient

They r looking great...how much cal mag did u end up using ... With ro or tap water ?? Looks like u found the sweet spot.

when i first filled the system i added 1ml gallon at 145 gallons then added another 100ml a day or 2 later then i added another 100 ml 3 days after week 2 started with more nutes so far so good

ri420patient

ri420patient

i believe thats what i did i have to go back and look in here or u can if u choose so this is pretty much my remembering blog lol

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

thanks bd8 ive been taking advice all around the forums i think i had a problem with my ppm meter there was something stuck in between the sensors i cleaned them out and it was reading right it went back up to 342 which means they ate about 20 ppms over night but i noticed they up took more water then they usually do today was the end of 2 weeks and the start of the 3 so ill let them eat up a little more i just added some uc roots today but no nutes theres still some in there and there looking healthy still need to cut more fence
what type of ppm meter are you using ? i use a tri-meter that monitors PH, nutrients , and water temperature .the meter must be calibrated .

ri420patient

ri420patient

I bought a new Hanna meter it was calibrated from the factory it just had like a piece of plastic stuck between the sensor I cleaned it out and everything is gravy

ri420patient

ri420patient

so any updates my friend

been so busy shoveling snow i havent been on but the ppms were getting drank real fast so today i did a add back of nutes and cal mag i added 100ml of a&b and 150 ml of cal mag and 200ml of cs roots. they are really looking good still i fired up the 3 1000s also so now running 5600 watts in there i have the 4 600 watt dual spectrum verticals also running the ac is finally working so the temp is down at 80 degrees finally still pushing 1500ppms of co2 in there think im going to drain the system and refill on either thursday or fri and flip the lights starting with the first week of bloom cycle when should i stop using cal mag i also defoliated some leaves and cleaned up the bottoms still need to get a little more fencing to finish the last 3 cages and cut out the rest of the openings i also finished getting the rest of the pipes insulated they were condensating like crazy in there from the ro water and the 1 inch line going to the chiller the roots look nice and white and the stems are starting to get chunky my ppms are still kind of high but they dont seem to mind at all there at 380 ppms and ph i had to lower to 5.4 again cause it went up to 6.6 before i fed them again phed after feeding obviously had to add like 20 ml of ph down might add a little more cal mag after so it will be at 2ml a gallon ill see how they react first to what i did ill post some more pics later im so grateful we didnt lose power or else i would have been hunting down a 1000$ generator

ri420patient

ri420patient

been so busy shoveling snow i havent been on but the ppms were getting drank real fast so today i did a add back of nutes and cal mag i added 100ml of a&b and 150 ml of cal mag and 200ml of cs roots. they are really looking good still i fired up the 3 1000s also so now running 5600 watts in there i have the 4 600 watt dual spectrum verticals also running the ac is finally working so the temp is down at 80 degrees finally still pushing 1500ppms of co2 in there think im going to drain the system and refill on either thursday or fri and flip the lights starting with the first week of bloom cycle when should i stop using cal mag i also defoliated some leaves and cleaned up the bottoms still need to get a little more fencing to finish the last 3 cages and cut out the rest of the openings i also finished getting the rest of the pipes insulated they were condensating like crazy in there from the ro water and the 1 inch line going to the chiller the roots look nice and white and the stems are starting to get chunky my ppms are still kind of high but they dont seem to mind at all there at 380 ppms and ph i had to lower to 5.4 again cause it went up to 6.6 before i fed them again phed after feeding obviously had to add like 20 ml of ph down might add a little more cal mag after so it will be at 2ml a gallon ill see how they react first to what i did ill post some more pics later im so grateful we didnt lose power or else i would have been hunting down a 1000$ generator

added another 100 ml of a&b later and another 75ml of cal mag ppms at 380

H

hopssndharvest

I am new to UC and plan next week to order 2 sets of 8 buckets, I was going to order 1- 8 gallon 8 set and one 16 gallon set of 8 , and thought I would ask which did you all prefer one over the other and I am just reconsidering buying both sets of 8 the same gallon size. I have plenty of height and lights. I just got to wondering if the 13 gallons might be better in the long run. Any suggestions would help me from rebuilding something later.

T

tipper619sd

I am new to UC and plan next week to order 2 sets of 8 buckets, I was going to order 1- 8 gallon 8 set and one 16 gallon set of 8 , and thought I would ask which did you all prefer one over the other and I am just reconsidering buying both sets of 8 the same gallon size. I have plenty of height and lights. I just got to wondering if the 13 gallons might be better in the long run. Any suggestions would help me from rebuilding something later.

sounds nice man and i heard that the 13 gal are better and from my use with the 8 gal i would use 13 gal also sincew the root mas takes up most the bucket.

ri420patient

ri420patient

im not sure about a 16 gallon but thinking tou meant 13 i seen my buddys 13 gal setup and was impressed i ave decent size ceilings so figured go big or go home are you using one for veg and one for flower or both being used for veg/flower how far are you spacing them, ceiling height i read a post from a premium farmer on here who said that he liked the smaller ones cause of less water and easir to maintain but if you have the room to get the igger ones i would

Top Bottom