new to uc

• Thread starter ri420patient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ri420patient

ri420patient

Where did all the people on this site move to? Used to be lots of chatter on here now not so much

slimjimham

slimjimham

Haha, I feel like I post too much because few others do. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing what you pull off. I just got informed that I have some super elite clones on their way from a loong ways away ha. So pumped.

If you saw on the other post I'm not sure if I'm having a cal issue or a burning issue... what do you use for calmag and how much per gallon?

ri420patient

ri420patient

I use magical made by technaflora and at One point on some plants I was using 5 ml a gallon not sure if it was right but had great results but believe it was to much and I did read what they said and quite possible you had to much air

ri420patient

ri420patient

Haha, I feel like I post too much because few others do. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing what you pull off. I just got informed that I have some super elite clones on their way from a loong ways away ha. So pumped.

If you saw on the other post I'm not sure if I'm having a cal issue or a burning issue... what do you use for calmag and how much per gallon?
What did u get for clones I just found a plant I ran in here before which is Cinderella 99 bx1 from Mosca seeds can't wait to run them again

slimjimham

slimjimham

Yeah I actually have a small amount of magical sample, think I'm going to switch to that and see... buy into the gallon next time I hit the shop

You have successfully had a full run at 1ml a gallon with ro and recomend it?

Not sure what the clones are I just know they are coming from someone seriously high up in the scene who extended the olive branch to me. I can't wait!!!!

Should be game changing genetics for me, or for anyone for that matter. We'll see...

Please keep me posted on your magical usage if you ever change it from 1ml per gallon.

Thanks! I'll keep ya posted when the girls come through

ri420patient

ri420patient

Yeah I actually have a small amount of magical sample, think I'm going to switch to that and see... buy into the gallon next time I hit the shop

You have successfully had a full run at 1ml a gallon with ro and recomend it?

Not sure what the clones are I just know they are coming from someone seriously high up in the scene who extended the olive branch to me. I can't wait!!!!

Should be game changing genetics for me, or for anyone for that matter. We'll see...

Please keep me posted on your magical usage if you ever change it from 1ml per gallon.

Thanks! I'll keep ya posted when the girls come through
This is the first run starting at 1ml a gal

slimjimham

slimjimham

Cool, keep me posted on that please, not sure if 1ml per gallon will be enough or what but they say it is. You say you top off with ro, no cal mag added to that?

slimjimham

slimjimham

Na, I've always done 1ml calimagic per gallon.... following the chart ppm's closely usually being about 50 ppm over (700 ish tops on ppm 500) but if the air to ppm thing is true (one of the first Google searches I just did says rule of thumb 1 lpm per gallon) I've been way over doing the air... so hopefully that's why I'm getting burn/ not the size I'm looking for. Root issue was taken care of with ro water, let's hope this is just too much air/nutrients for me and I'll be styling

What are you topping out at (ppm 500)and what's your lpm for those systems?

And any reason you chose to use magical over calimagic?

Last edited:
odirt

odirt

Idk if I'm missing out on something but I run city tap, comes out less than 100 ppm and don't use any cal/mag. Haven't seen any real deficiencies . Ive run multiple strains also. But 1 thing I get a slow almost snail like pace in beginning. And I would also like to know how some R filling up the bucket with roots without a long ass veg. I veg in bubble tray a cpl weeks then 2 weeks in Uc.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Damn you are crushin this system bro! I know I'm years late to this party lol but glad I found it. Just caught myself up on the whole thread. Can't wait to see what you'll do with your new room. I'm onboard

odirt

odirt

i also wonder at times y the undercurent threads r so dead as of late. If not for a slight few there would b nothing. Am I the only one who haven't jumped on the UC nutes ban wagon? I still run ionic and am bout to try maxibloom to see results. I did 1 run with uc nutes and I wasn't blown away bye the results just the price. Seems like they add a new boost or mycro every few months. Is it me but how can u run the mycro stuff and Uc roots at same time? I'm am just here to learn, compare and try to help where I can. That being said I love the setup bro and I'm sure you r bout to smash it.

DapperDon

DapperDon

That is a good question. The main problem I have seen from most grow failures is that people will start out with a dead rez and try and keep everything as clean and sterile as possible but overlook a small detail and then go into panic mode when a problem arises. Then the first thing they do is think " I saw this guy use bennies on the forum and all his problems went away so I will do that too". Well at that point you may as well just throw 5 gallons of gasoline on your garden and lite it up. When it comes to growing, there are many diciplines out there and they all fit into the growers style and preferences. But here is the catch. You can't mix them together. They don't play nice because the science is not compatable. It is just that simple. I think the guys growing organic grow some of the most delicious smoking herb you can get but the yield suffers. On the flip side, the guys doing the sterile route and killing it with potency and yeild, but usually smokes without great flavor. I always try and remain open to whatever the growers preferences are as well as their style on doing it. To me one way is not better than the other. But where I draw the line is when you have these really shady companies selling shit in a bottle and calling it Unicorn Tears promising to be the end all be all product for whatever ails you super tonic lightning is a bottle. So I really like seeing the new guys chime in with questions like yours to point out the obvious. Now on another note, I feel that the reason the UC threads of late have been so barren is due to the fact that nothing new has hit the scene for a good ass minute. No new equipment breakthroughs, no real nute breakthroughs either. So I feel that until something pops off to change that, it's the same ol same ol. I haven't been on in a while because I took some time off to travel and get a fresh perspective on it all. Kind of like a T Break on life.

ri420patient

ri420patient

Na, I've always done 1ml calimagic per gallon.... following the chart ppm's closely usually being about 50 ppm over (700 ish tops on ppm 500) but if the air to ppm thing is true (one of the first Google searches I just did says rule of thumb 1 lpm per gallon) I've been way over doing the air... so hopefully that's why I'm getting burn/ not the size I'm looking for. Root issue was taken care of with ro water, let's hope this is just too much air/nutrients for me and I'll be styling

What are you topping out at (ppm 500)and what's your lpm for those systems?

And any reason you chose to use magical over calimagic?
I have 180 Lpm on about 135 gallons of water and every strain is different I've had plants in here top out at 900 but I've never gone over that and I chose that brand over others after trying different ones and felt it worked better for my application

ri420patient

ri420patient

That is a good question. The main problem I have seen from most grow failures is that people will start out with a dead rez and try and keep everything as clean and sterile as possible but overlook a small detail and then go into panic mode when a problem arises. Then the first thing they do is think " I saw this guy use bennies on the forum and all his problems went away so I will do that too". Well at that point you may as well just throw 5 gallons of gasoline on your garden and lite it up. When it comes to growing, there are many diciplines out there and they all fit into the growers style and preferences. But here is the catch. You can't mix them together. They don't play nice because the science is not compatable. It is just that simple. I think the guys growing organic grow some of the most delicious smoking herb you can get but the yield suffers. On the flip side, the guys doing the sterile route and killing it with potency and yeild, but usually smokes without great flavor. I always try and remain open to whatever the growers preferences are as well as their style on doing it. To me one way is not better than the other. But where I draw the line is when you have these really shady companies selling shit in a bottle and calling it Unicorn Tears promising to be the end all be all product for whatever ails you super tonic lightning is a bottle. So I really like seeing the new guys chime in with questions like yours to point out the obvious. Now on another note, I feel that the reason the UC threads of late have been so barren is due to the fact that nothing new has hit the scene for a good ass minute. No new equipment breakthroughs, no real nute breakthroughs either. So I feel that until something pops off to change that, it's the same ol same ol. I haven't been on in a while because I took some time off to travel and get a fresh perspective on it all. Kind of like a T Break on life.
. This site was on fire when I first started it was great reading all the new things happening I'm sure something new will happen again soon

DapperDon

DapperDon

I agree. I also think that a large dropoff is because with the legalization efforts in so many states that some folks have decided it is just easier to go buy it instead. Growing is actually hard work and a real time sucking drain from ones life. It gets old after a while and the thought has crossed my mind more than a few times to say fuck it. I'll just go to the store and get some.

ri420patient

ri420patient

I agree. I also think that a large dropoff is because with the legalization efforts in so many states that some folks have decided it is just easier to go buy it instead. Growing is actually hard work and a real time sucking drain from ones life. It gets old after a while and the thought has crossed my mind more than a few times to say fuck it. I'll just go to the store and get some.

Idk about getting old but definitely hard work and a lot of ones time for sure but someone needs to do it lol keep up the great work

Top Bottom