new to uc

• Thread starter ri420patient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ri420patient

ri420patient

slimjimham

slimjimham

I thought I had a bad batch too... The uc roots is great though even if it's just pool shock ha.

Whatever it's only 160 for 5g now.

How are you liking those nutrients and what ppm are you running? How much are the ppm going down each day?

Looking good!

Also how much calmag you adding these days?

ri420patient

ri420patient

Uc roots is made by clean grow as well and is now called
Water max from clean grow and there no longer selling it to current culture so won't be the same as what it was

Wavegem

Wavegem

that sucks.. i am sorry to hear your troubles, i went through hell and back with my uc. looks like you have some room there

Tbone

Tbone

I've been following your thread trying to pick up some pointers. All your room builds are awesome! And these grow journals are very helpful.
I am hoping I could get a couple tips from someone more experienced with the UC than me.. I am running C.C. Nutes to the chart and have had the brown spotting in veg which I thought was a Cal mag issue.But now I'm thinking it was due to dosing the epicenter. I thought I read you dealt with this in your grow a while back? Did you figure out the issue? By the end of veg mine cleared up. I was running RO with 1 ml per gal Calimagic. Just seemed the first half of veg the plants stuggled with these yellow leaves and brown spots. But then they finally took off.
IMG 0789

Now I'm at week 5 of flower in a 12 site 13 gal(same plants) and the 1st few plants after the epicenter are yellowing and, well just not looking good. But the other 9 of the 12 plants in the same system are doing great!! Again I feel like its from dosing the epicenter. I assume the first few plants get hit the worst from dosing the epicenter with ph down ?
IMG 0805

I have been running a hot top off but the plants wouldn't drink enough water for the top off to replenish nutes until now so once or twice a week I have been dosing directly to the epicenter.

So I started thinking that maybe a dosing system would help. I just reconfigured three rooms and tomorrow am installing three separate Intellidose systems. Are you still using a dosing system on your new setup?
IMG 0778

Sorry for the long post. I just want to see if I could get a couple ideas to look out for for the next run.
Thank you in advance.

P.S. Now that I posted I feel like might be stepping on your journals toes. I'll leave the post for now but if its interrupting things let me know and I'll move it. Just think you could help me!

Last edited:
ri420patient

ri420patient

I've been following your thread trying to pick up some pointers. All your room builds are awesome! And these grow journals are very helpful.
I am hoping I could get a couple tips from someone more experienced with the UC than me.. I am running C.C. Nutes to the chart and have had the brown spotting in veg which I thought was a Cal mag issue.But now I'm thinking it was due to dosing the epicenter. I thought I read you dealt with this in your grow a while back? Did you figure out the issue? By the end of veg mine cleared up. I was running RO with 1 ml per gal Calimagic. Just seemed the first half of veg the plants stuggled with these yellow leaves and brown spots. But then they finally took off.View attachment 578432

Now I'm at week 5 of flower in a 12 site 13 gal(same plants) and the 1st few plants after the epicenter are yellowing and, well just not looking good. But the other 9 of the 12 plants in the same system are doing great!! Again I feel like its from dosing the epicenter. I assume the first few plants get hit the worst from dosing the epicenter with ph down ?View attachment 578433

I have been running a hot top off but the plants wouldn't drink enough water for the top off to replenish nutes until now so once or twice a week I have been dosing directly to the epicenter.

So I started thinking that maybe a dosing system would help. I just reconfigured three rooms and tomorrow am installing three separate Intellidose systems. Are you still using a dosing system on your new setup?
View attachment 578434
Sorry for the long post. I just want to see if I could get a couple ideas to look out for for the next run.
Thank you in advance.

P.S. Now that I posted I feel like might be stepping on your journals toes. I'll leave the post for now but if its interrupting things let me know and I'll move it. Just think you could help me!
I never used an auto doser and I would possibly trying to up the cal mag all plants are different I have had some plants that I have had to put in 5-800 ml of cal mag for them to keep green I tried hot feeding my plants also and found it wasn't for me yet and just top off with ro water still

ri420patient

ri420patient

that sucks.. i am sorry to hear your troubles, i went through hell and back with my uc. looks like you have some room there
Yeah it's been a battle this time. Did that company slucket take your design? I've been hearing of it a lot lately,love your setup if I was able to clean it up some I'd run it or the slucket

Wavegem

Wavegem

Yeah it's been a battle this time. Did that company slucket take your design? I've been hearing of it a lot lately,love your setup if I was able to clean it up some I'd run it or the slucket

The sluckets problem from what I see is that there is only one drain on the side. The mpb has 4 drains one on each corner. Also the feed is from the bottom which pushes the water up and over flows into the drains. This is not my design it's double d mpb buckets, also trefarmer and drdre have helped a lot. If you go to Home Depot you can buy these totes for 10 dollars a piece. The mpb is amazing!! I never lost a run using them and had water temps in the mid 70s in my greenhouse.

Wavegem

Wavegem

So I looked at the design more and it does flood from the bottom up. But only one drain and that is we're all your roots are gonna go. You can build it cheaper from Home Depot. If you would like my help whatever you need

Tbone

Tbone

I never used an auto doser and I would possibly trying to up the cal mag all plants are different I have had some plants that I have had to put in 5-800 ml of cal mag for them to keep green I tried hot feeding my plants also and found it wasn't for me yet and just top off with ro water still

I must have mixed you up with another thread on the doser, sorry. I went from 1ml per gallon to two ml per gallon. From what you just posted I bet I just never reached the amount needed. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up on the Clean Grow company in your other thread. Ive made contact with them. Might try them out.

slimjimham

slimjimham

There ya go, those roots look perfect. What did you say you're using for nutrients/ max ppm again? Calmag per gallon?

Seeing any deficiencies?

Keep me updated, looks great!

And what week are those flowering pics at? I just installed chillers and hopefully I can get my roots looking a bit healthier, they look thin, cream colored and tore easily come harvest... But new chief roots look much better!

Top Bottom