New to Under Current using Cultured Solutions

• Thread starter Delerium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delerium

Delerium

sounds and looks like lock out to me. less is more.

if you spray with lights on the droplets will act like a concave glass and intensify the light to burn the leaves.

still looks like lockout
That is is true, and the water always flows down the center. I'll just unplug the HID next time when I foliar. never had the prob with t-5, but I haven't used an HID for veg since my very first grow. I just had these extra fixtures just sitting there and you can veg with the gavitas so I said why the hell not.

H

hogan400

Hey Delerium,
Since your helping me in the electricity forums I'll pop in here for ya. LOL I used the Uc for a couple years.
Lower your ec and go manual on food additions. Keep it simple for a crop or two. Im down with dosers since I'm a aquarium nerd, but in this system, they can burn you quick. When using the C.Solutions add "NOTHING" except maybe a little epsom salts (mag sulfate) if your plants are mag whores. .5ml per gallon is a good start. Cch20 designed this food for marijuana period. I read thru your entire thread and see a few things. The reason at first your plants struggled is the same we all seen with ours in our first runs. 2 weeks of light shock. Always keep food at 25-50% strength first couple weeks. Then slowly raise it. lol

Are you Sealed room or unsealed? Because if you are sealed, and not adding co2, your gonna burn up.
Back off the cal mag and use epsoms only.

If you arent draining once every other week, you will have certain elements get fed out rather quick, resulting in a unbalanced nute solution. Also if you arent using a clean water supply (r.o) to start, you will have elements that may cause you issues. I agree with z slave and shane20 on burning and spraying, humidity can be a factor, however you may still also be suffering light shock if you little transpiration! Think of ec and water as an even balance, more food more burn, more water, less production, however the plants with less food will crush it! Get your plants breathing, dont read the ec/ppm numbers as much as you read your plants. Example being, if they look good at 400ppm or.4ec, dont fuck with it. You get on the money spot, and those burnt leaves will be history! Ladies will grow so fast that youll have to defoliate anyway, and them be my first to pluck.... since its a plants waste of energy to heal them. Read Dsq sticky on plant pruning. Ill pop in here daily to help. Keep the water flowing too and keep the filters cleaned.

Delerium

Delerium

Hey Delerium,
Since your helping me in the electricity forums I'll pop in here for ya. LOL I used the Uc for a couple years.
Lower your ec and go manual on food additions. Keep it simple for a crop or two. Im down with dosers since I'm a aquarium nerd, but in this system, they can burn you quick. When using the C.Solutions add "NOTHING" except maybe a little epsom salts (mag sulfate) if your plants are mag whores. .5ml per gallon is a good start. Cch20 designed this food for marijuana period. I read thru your entire thread and see a few things. The reason at first your plants struggled is the same we all seen with ours in our first runs. 2 weeks of light shock. Always keep food at 25-50% strength first couple weeks. Then slowly raise it. lol

Are you Sealed room or unsealed? Because if you are sealed, and not adding co2, your gonna burn up.
Back off the cal mag and use epsoms only.

If you arent draining once every other week, you will have certain elements get fed out rather quick, resulting in a unbalanced nute solution. Also if you arent using a clean water supply (r.o) to start, you will have elements that may cause you issues. I agree with z slave and shane20 on burning and spraying, humidity can be a factor, however you may still also be suffering light shock if you little transpiration! Think of ec and water as an even balance, more food more burn, more water, less production, however the plants with less food will crush it! Get your plants breathing, dont read the ec/ppm numbers as much as you read your plants. Example being, if they look good at 400ppm or.4ec, dont fuck with it. You get on the money spot, and those burnt leaves will be history! Ladies will grow so fast that youll have to defoliate anyway, and them be my first to pluck.... since its a plants waste of energy to heal them. Read Dsq sticky on plant pruning. Ill pop in here daily to help. Keep the water flowing too and keep the filters cleaned.
I appreciate it. I'll dig my code book out from storage, I had damage to my home so everything is in a storage unit in my backyard. Been a friggin roller coaster. Or interprut http://forums.mikeholt.com with you.
I learned my lesson on the feeding too hot. That I'll def keep in mind for the future. I also shut off the nutrient dosers too see how fast the EC would go down. Not like it is dropping overnight as I had expected rather every few couple of days. The PH doser I left on because the ph seems to be always rising.
The room is sealed.
I don't know what you mean by "burn up". The CO2 I haven't hooked up yet. (Are you Sealed room or unsealed? Because if you are sealed, and not adding co2, your gonna burn up.)
The whole space is 35' x 25' but I have a little draft going on here. There is a large landing at the entrance of the grow space with a door and a grill so I am intaking passive fresh air from the house.
The yellowing starts approx week 3 which I thought was a mag def. I added Magnum from Humboldt. seemed to stifle the problem a little. But maybe
it is actually light shock. I never foliar with lights on. The ones in the veg I did foliar with 600w gavita running cuz I just fired it up earlier this week. Before I foliated they were kick ass but I don't know if they got shocked from the addition of 600w but that was turned on 3 days before I foliated and in 2 days the browning started.
As for the light shock I think I am going to be vegging under 600w gavitas so maybe that will help with light shock. Instead of going from T5 to Hps.
Right now everything is at .9-1 EC 410 @ 500 scale.
Using ro plumbed to epicenter.
The pics of the transplanted clones are in coco. They should have been dropped a cpl of days earlier but I was dealing with all this nonsence I couldn't get to them so they aren't as lush.

Delerium

Delerium

10 pm e.s.t. flip

Room A
Nighttime Room
72.8 f
59 RH
1.05 VPD
561 CO2 (Ambient)
.9-1 ec
6.2 ph
69 f water temp

Room B
Daytime Room
64.1 f
72 RH
.6 VPD
580 CO2 (Ambient)
1.1 ec
5.8 ph
67 f water temp

Pics are just of veg today. I'll drop day and night room photos tomorrow. Licked off the Gavita yesterday to see if that was the problem. These are under 2 - 6lamp T5
IMG 1356 IMG 1357 IMG 1358 IMG 1359 IMG 1360 IMG 1361

H

hogan400

Yes the 600 will lessen the light shock. T5 to HPS is rough but it works. Light shock seems to be a more noticable thing with the Uc more than any method of growing Ive worked with, or seen.

The reason I say the ladies are burning up:

If your room is sealed and your not adding co2, then the plants aren't doing any work, or their earthly job. Converting co2 to oxygen. If you aren't exchanging any fresh air, other then opening a door once in a while, and exhaling out co2 while inside your grow, that's not nearly enough for plants to thrive. The plants are not getting enough co2 to process the level of food you give and are simply burning up or giving you a very diminished harvest. Especially if you are upping the food levels above normal without adding co2 or fresh air at all times! Early on you see them go thru a lil light shock, then prob look ok, after a while appear to see micros out of wack, and then get crispy after a few weeks.

You say 580 co2, normal is around 450, so that's ok. However once the door is closed and you aren't in there for 30 minutes they probably start to starve for Co2! Move your co2 meter to the middle of the plants and wait a good 5 hours. move in swiftly and see how the co2 is during lights on only. Just a thought.

I tested my panel wires and snapped pics, but couldn't find my cord to get the pics loaded for you yet. But there are three legs, and they tested at 122v each. lol

Delerium

Delerium

Yes the 600 will lessen the light shock. T5 to HPS is rough but it works. Light shock seems to be a more noticable thing with the Uc more than any method of growing Ive worked with, or seen.

The reason I say the ladies are burning up:

If your room is sealed and your not adding co2, then the plants aren't doing any work, or their earthly job. Converting co2 to oxygen. If you aren't exchanging any fresh air, other then opening a door once in a while, and exhaling out co2 while inside your grow, that's not nearly enough for plants to thrive. The plants are not getting enough co2 to process the level of food you give and are simply burning up or giving you a very diminished harvest. Especially if you are upping the food levels above normal without adding co2 or fresh air at all times! Early on you see them go thru a lil light shock, then prob look ok, after a while appear to see micros out of wack, and then get crispy after a few weeks.

You say 580 co2, normal is around 450, so that's ok. However once the door is closed and you aren't in there for 30 minutes they probably start to starve for Co2! Move your co2 meter to the middle of the plants and wait a good 5 hours. move in swiftly and see how the co2 is during lights on only. Just a thought.

I tested my panel wires and snapped pics, but couldn't find my cord to get the pics loaded for you yet. But there are three legs, and they tested at 122v each. lol
Did you see what you get across 2 legs? 200-208v

neverbreak

neverbreak

nice professional lookin setup bro. love the look n yields from uc. best of luck with it, will be checkin back in to see yer progress.

neverbreak

Delerium

Delerium

nice professional lookin setup bro. love the look n yields from uc. best of luck with it, will be checkin back in to see yer progress.

neverbreak
Second run on the UC is def gonna be better than my first it is looking. Now I'll see how this third turns out. I floundered a bit but everything is inching along nicely now.

Delerium

Delerium

Damn man those nugs are mad dark. soil ladies look beastly!

Nice work
Oh yea that was PK I have been running for the past 5 years.
I just ditched it cuz the veg time was always soooooo slow.
Still kicking myself for dumping it but I just had too. I'll find something that produces nuggs that you can golf with and darkens up nice and frosty.

Top Bottom