New Warehouse Build And Grow

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
It's applied with a adhesive that only works for the TPO. It will not work with PVC or EPDM. You apply the adhesive to the wall or floor or where ever the material will be installed then apply it to the TPO let it dry then install. Then apply pressure with a rolling device.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
A .45 mill roll of TPO will set you back $400, glue for application $150. But the seams need to be welded for the final application. I've been using this product in my grows for some Time and have had extrodinary results. My last harvest with 4 gavitas harvested 9 1/4 pounds.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Thanks for all the input guys! I'll get some progress photos up tonight. I'm practically a one man show so progress isn't moving along too fast. I have more help coming from up north soon so things will kick into high gear in the next couple weeks. I just secured the warehouse next door to this one so construction on that unit will start soon as well.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I'm seriously considering that TPO stuff @1diesel1

How difficult is it to weld the seams and what's all involved? Thanks!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I'm seriously considering that TPO stuff @1diesel1

How difficult is it to weld the seams and what's all involved? Thanks!
You need a leister it's a commercial heat welder it heats to 600f you can buy it at any commercial roofing supplier and a roller to roll the seams as you heat. The welder will set you back $650. You overlap the material 3 inches then tack it with the welder every 6-8 inches. Then you run your welder down the seam at a pace where it bonds the material all while rolling it in so it puts pressure on the welded area. Remember all the material has to be glued and installed to the area you are applying it to before you do any welding.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

You need a leister it's a commercial heat welder it heats to 600f you can buy it at any commercial roofing supplier and a roller to roll the seams as you heat. The welder will set you back $650. You overlap the material 3 inches then tack it with the welder every 6-8 inches. Then you run your welder down the seam at a pace where it bonds the material all while rolling it in so it puts pressure on the welded area. Remember all the material has to be glued and installed to the area you are applying it to before you do any welding.
View attachment 610210

You should just start a hustle putting that stuff down in grow rooms. It looks nice but sounds like a pain if you are not a roofer. I felt defeated fucking with stupid roll down glue on roofing. I'm sure it is easy for you.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You should just start a hustle putting that stuff down in grow rooms. It looks nice but sounds like a pain if you are not a roofer. I felt defeated fucking with stupid roll down glue on roofing. I'm sure it is easy for you.
Dude it's not that hard. Any stupid roofer can do it. And I'm sure your smarter than any stupid roofer. I can walk you through it. You in north Cali.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I'm in so cal hopefully soon to be up north. It doesn't sound complicated. I'm past that part of my current build but I'm definitely going to look into it on my next project

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Dude it's not that hard. Any stupid roofer can do it. And I'm sure your smarter than any stupid roofer. I can walk you through it. You in north Cali.
What's your opinion on the liquid roofing products? Are there any worth considering as an alternative to TPO? Also how are your floors for walking and wheeled tables, is it slip resistant?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What's your opinion on the liquid roofing products? Are there any worth considering as an alternative to TPO? Also how are your floors for walking and wheeled tables, is it slip resistant?
Coatings in general are a band aid in a trailer park. What I strive for is reflectivity. white TPO or white PVC have the most solar reflectivity that's out there. Which in turn can be very benifical in an indoor grow. It really shows when the rooms lit up. You could use any snow coatings that are white but you won't get the same result. the material has to be fully adhered to the concrete or wood floor. No issues on rolling tables or carts. I run 20 gallon pots on harbor freight 4 wheeled carts. Never had any issues with slipping either. Unless it's frozen and Icy don't know how many times I've fallen when I was roofing.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Here's a couple photos of the veg chamber. It's hard getting solid photos of the whole room because I only have a couple feet of space from the door to the warehouse wall.

The room is 20' long 12' wide and 10' tall. It will be equipped with 5k of lighting in 600's and T5's. I will be popping a few beans in here in the next couple of weeks. I'm searching for 6 solid keepers.

I finished up all the insulation last night. Vapor barrier will be put up tonight and drywall will be started.

The next rooms being framed up will be 3 flower rooms all being 20' long 16' wide and 10' tall.

I'll snap some more photos tonight of the drywall progress.

Last edited:
MSH

MSH

I love seeing new buildouts!! And good luck on choosing the top 6 out of 400!! :woot:

mr.green666

mr.green666

Subbed up cant wait to see this in full swing good luck man :smoking:

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Kitchens in restaurants use FRP on the walls. Which is something you might consider if you're looking to seal the room and easy to clean. Maybe put this over your insulation. Styrofoam sheets work great for that also.

4 ft. x 8 ft. White .090 FRP Wall Board
The durable Stabilit 32 sq. ft. Plastic Composite Siding Panel is made of polyester resin. This wall siding is rot-resistant and has a cracked ice surface for simple cleaning.

Thanks Smokey! I am definitely going to be using the FRP stuff on the bottom 4' of the walls. Should make a nice clean backsplash in case any water gets spilled on the wall.

Your thread sounds pretty good mani'm going to sub in for a while

Thanks bro! Just wait until we have some plants in here!

Hey surfr,
Cant give any advice on this as ive never used co2 or anything to this scale,but im here for the ride.
Best of luck with everything.

Thanks man!

Foil backed plaster board or gypsum board and rock wool or fibre glass for the cavity is a good hope this helps :)

I filled all the walls with R13-R19.

Tagging along! Can't really speak to how best to insulate or any other aspect, so I'm just gonna watch from the shadows if'n ya don't mind.

Really sorry to hear about that black widow bite, too! How fare thee now?

Nice to see you in here Sea! I don't see very many of the original faces around here anymore so it's nice to see yours! Where did everyone go?

Wow this journal looks/sounds like it's going to be the bomb. subbed for the future and good luck!

Bomb dot com baby!

Nice space ya got to work with.i will def be watching for updates.
@Smokey503ski dang man 24 bucks a sheet :o

I just doubled up on the space so now I have 3k SF to work with...

@sixstring lol. buy once cry once.

Hahaha sooo true!

Subbed to this for sure,good luck with your build. Can you take photo's when you install the insulation for us noobs to learn a little? :eyepiece:

I took some photos of the insulation. Insulation is pretty straight forward to install. Just make sure you get the right size and a good staple gun and you're set!

Looks like ya know your carpentry work as well,looking good

I've grown up in a family that is well versed in all aspects of construction from underground pipeline construction to building roads to building houses. I am lucky to have some solid help/knowledge when I am in need

One of the best tips I was given/received over the years was : installing Goodyear pool liners to floor ( makes a lab grade floor and ultra easy to clean/mop) + install the liner 1-3 feet onto the wall so the wall/drywall is never going to damaged by moisture

Only negative is weight (ship/handling )cause they make Custum sizes and so forth .

I'll definitely give the pool liners a look!

We insulate all of our walls with fiberglass insulation just like a house. If you compare r-values on different products it is hard to beat the standard. I have thought about getting those jumbo spray foam insulation sprayers but it's expensive, and sounds like a pain in the ass to deal with those tanks.
I use some stuff I think is like the frp board. I get it at home depot it is like a pvc paneling 4'x8'x1/6", it kicks ass. Cleans easy I build sloping wood floors and sheet them with that stuff and silicone the joints and it works great. I have a 2 year old floor sheeted with that stuff, no paint or sealer and wood still looks new
Epoxy floor is a must. Get the good stuff from a paint store though home depot stuff sucks.
I like to put a bunch of green lights in the rooms. About 1 per grow light. I just use the 2$ ceramic sockets and put them all on one switch. I use green led bulbs, not green painted incandescent bulbs.
What are you planning on for lighting and a/c. I love my new nanos, we are running some gavitas and they kick ass but I hate the vertical ballast, and plastic sockets
With just 100 amps I would run some super efficient mini splits

Sup Cali! I went with standard fiberglass for the insulation. I decided to not worry about spray foam just yet. I'll be using the FRP board on the bottom half of the walls to protect against any water spills. The floors will be covered with a two part white epoxy. Because I secured the spot next door as well, I now have a total of 3k SF and 200 amps to play with.

For the Lighting I'm just running some Galaxy 1k's I have laying around for the first round or two then I'll upgrade to some Gavitas or Nanos most likely. For AC I'm running 3 18k 21 seer units. They only pull 5.6 amps a piece. I figure 3 of them should be good for each flower room. The flower rooms will be bigger than this veg room. They will be 16' wide verses the 12' wide in the veg.

I love seeing new buildouts!! And good luck on choosing the top 6 out of 400!! :woot:

Haha I know there is going to be some difficult decisions ahead choosing 6 keepers out of that many beans lol. It'll be fun though!

Subbed up cant wait to see this in full swing good luck man :smoking:

Thanks Mr. Green! I can't wait until construction is done and I have plants in there! Stay tuned...

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Your kicking ass. The one man show sucks. I feel you there.
What kinda epoxy are you using? We got some of the commercial grade epoxy for garage and shop floors. That stuff is tougher then shit. It sticks to everything amazing. It's not the stuff at home depot though that stuff sucks. I think my bro got it at vista paint but I will find out.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Coatings in general are a band aid in a trailer park. What I strive for is reflectivity. white TPO or white PVC have the most solar reflectivity that's out there. Which in turn can be very benifical in an indoor grow. It really shows when the rooms lit up. You could use any snow coatings that are white but you won't get the same result. the material has to be fully adhered to the concrete or wood floor. No issues on rolling tables or carts. I run 20 gallon pots on harbor freight 4 wheeled carts. Never had any issues with slipping either. Unless it's frozen and Icy don't know how many times I've fallen when I was roofing.
May I ask your opinion on this info? http://duro-last.com/solar_reflectance
They claim an SRI of 108 for their PVC compared to other materials on the chart below. I wonder how it stacks up to the TPO you use, and other similar products? Here's an excerpt:

Roofing System / SRI / Reflectivity / Emittance
White EPDM 84 69% 87%
Kynar Coated Metal, White 82 67% 85%
New, Bare Galvanized Steel 46 61% 4%
Light Gravel on BUR 37 34% 90%
White Granular Bitumen 28 26% 92%
Dark Gravel on BUR 9 12% 90%
Black EPDM -1 6% 86%

[edit] just found this link with some answers from Firestone/GAF http://firestonebpco.com/assets/2015/06/tpo-white-paper.pdf

Last edited:
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Your kicking ass. The one man show sucks. I feel you there.
What kinda epoxy are you using? We got some of the commercial grade epoxy for garage and shop floors. That stuff is tougher then shit. It sticks to everything amazing. It's not the stuff at home depot though that stuff sucks. I think my bro got it at vista paint but I will find out.

Thanks man!

I haven't completely made a definitive decision on what epoxy I'm going to use. Honestly I was going to go with whatever I can get at Lowes because I get a fat discount, but I'm open to options. I'll look into the commercial grade stuff for sure.

I'm leaving to the mountains for the 4th so I'm going to paint the floor the night before I leave. It'll be plenty dry to set up shop when I get back.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
And if anyone is wondering about the cieling, I'm going to finish it all up when the drywall in the middle of the floor is out of the way. They are 12' sheets so it's extremely difficult to move by yourself.

Natural

Natural

Thanks man!

I haven't completely made a definitive decision on what epoxy I'm going to use. Honestly I was going to go with whatever I can get at Lowes because I get a fat discount, but I'm open to options. I'll look into the commercial grade stuff for sure.

I'm leaving to the mountains for the 4th so I'm going to paint the floor the night before I leave. It'll be plenty dry to set up shop when I get back.
hey surf buddy..exciting times..HD or Lowe's is gonna have grey or tan 2part floor epoxy..hit up sherwin williams and they will have a custom color made up for you. It will come 1:1, so 2 gallon min.

Top Bottom