New Warehouse Build And Grow

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mancdank

mancdank

And if anyone is wondering about the cieling, I'm going to finish it all up when the drywall in the middle of the floor is out of the way. They are 12' sheets so it's extremely difficult to move by yourself.
Hmmm being in the construction business for a while now I was always tought start from the top down

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Hmmm being in the construction business for a while now I was always tought start from the top down

Yeah we should have but on this room I started from the bottom up. I have a drywall hanger so it's a breeze hanging the drywall. The other rooms will be done from top to bottom. I'm a firm believer in getting the most difficult jobs done first. I come from an underground pipeline background, so I usually get things done right the first time . There's no room for error.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
May I ask your opinion on this info? http://duro-last.com/solar_reflectance
They claim an SRI of 108 for their PVC compared to other materials on the chart below. I wonder how it stacks up to the TPO you use, and other similar products? Here's an excerpt:

Roofing System / SRI / Reflectivity / Emittance
White EPDM 84 69% 87%
Kynar Coated Metal, White 82 67% 85%
New, Bare Galvanized Steel 46 61% 4%
Light Gravel on BUR 37 34% 90%
White Granular Bitumen 28 26% 92%
Dark Gravel on BUR 9 12% 90%
Black EPDM -1 6% 86%

[edit] just found this link with some answers from Firestone/GAF http://firestonebpco.com/assets/2015/06/tpo-white-paper.pdf
Ultimately PVC is a superior product to TPO as far as performance in a commercial application. More is known about PVC because it's been on the market since the mid to early 80s. Compared to the TPOs that have been on the market in the last 15-18 years. As far as the Duracrap article they like to toot there own horn they don't make a TPO product and are way late in the game selling there rolled goods at roofing supply houses and are extremely overpriced. The difference in reflectivity between TPO and PVC is so small it's a no brainier to go with the cheaper product which is TPO. But you have to be carefull with choosing a manufacturer. Each manufacture uses a different formula. Firestone and Carlisle have been making single plys longer then all the others and have not changed there formulas. That Firestone article is referring to a test that was done with several manufacturers most have dropped out of the test because there product has failed.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Thanks man!

I haven't completely made a definitive decision on what epoxy I'm going to use. Honestly I was going to go with whatever I can get at Lowes because I get a fat discount, but I'm open to options. I'll look into the commercial grade stuff for sure.

I'm leaving to the mountains for the 4th so I'm going to paint the floor the night before I leave. It'll be plenty dry to set up shop when I get back.
Maybe have a exhaust fan setup so you don't get a nice breath of nasties when you walk in the place.
Hopefully it will be enough time while your up in the mtns to off gas.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
'looking forward to seeing how you do 240 sq. ft with 100A.
i'm typically twice that.

I'm right at 90% load so It's going to be tight but my sparky says I'll be ok. We will seeeee. As soon as I'm done with the first harvest I will be upgrading to all gavita 750 DE's so that will free up some more amps as well.

Shit, the guys a few spaces down have 40k in lights going along with everything else on 200 amps. It's drifnitely doable. You just have to be creative and willing to shell out the cash for more efficient equipment.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Also, I have two of these units right next to each other. So technically I have 200 amps to play with. There's just a wall separating the two boxes, which is an easy fix. I'll be installing a nice large door on the wall the separates the units to make things a lot easier, as well.

mancdank

mancdank

It's fairly easy to turn 100a into 200a simply split the room and run some through the day and some theough the night and do all your veg under t5 :) just make sure u set the timers so they won't ever be on together

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
It's fairly easy to turn 100a into 200a simply split the room and run some through the day and some theough the night and do all your veg under t5 :) just make sure u set the timers so they won't ever be on together

Oh of course. There will be two rooms in each unit running on opposite schedules. It's funny you mention T5's and veg. I was just going to say that I can effeciently run a large veg room. So many options nowadays from T5's to LED's to light movers to whatever else...

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I used t5's for a long time and then I switched them out to 600w parabolic's on light movers. 1 light covers a 5x11. They are quantum digi ballasts so I dim them down when it gets hot. They are only running at half right now. I buy the good m/h bulbs and I personally feel that they shit on my 8 bulb t5's. I used to rock the t5's on the movers also. A 8 bulb t5 uses 432 watts and doesn't much compare

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Might want to check out 315 cmh to save some amps and hvac load. Also better light and way longer lamp life than t5. They throw some extra IR though, so I still root cuts under t5. Seedlings love it and stack tight.

Top Bottom