Newb closet grow

• Thread starter freespirit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDEMON

CBDEMON

Nice. I don't think you have anything to worry about in that department. How far is your reflector from your plants again? 5 ft is super far away for a 600W. They're still in veg correct? You running 18/6 or 24? Using any nutes yet?

freespirit

freespirit

I'm having heat issues with the light lower, so yea its up pretty high, I just dropped that CFL down just above canopy level. Still in veg on 24hr cycle. I'm using jacks 20/20/20 @ 1/4 str. until my fox farms 3 pack comes.

CBDEMON

CBDEMON

The first thing I can think of that may help a little is to get a timer and switch to 18/6. At least that way the room gets a chance to cool down for a few hours; and plants like to have some dark time to transpire and further develop their roots. Ultimately the best thing for heat would be (obviously) to get an A/C. You'll need something around 9,000BTUs to cool a medium-sized room. Window A/Cs are cheaper but I prefer portable units. You will see virtually instant results once the temp and humidity ranges settle to ideal plant range (72-76F) and you'll be able to set your light waaay closer. Every foot from the reflector you lose a substantial amount of available light and at 5Ft away you should be barely be getting anything worthwhile. Trust me.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Love seeing pre-flowers.Just means they're sexually mature and ready to go if you choose so.In small spaces I'm a believer in cool tubes,cool hoods.That's the one thing I did plan for in my tent grow and it's made a world of difference.Like CBDEMON said about 18/6,I will never go back to 24/7.It's made a big difference in my plants,temps,and a few bucks saved on the bill.Looking good freespirit! :)

freespirit

freespirit

Thanks. I dropped the HPS down about a foot so its really only about 3 ft from the canopy, I really don't want to mess with any more stuff in the closet right now like an a/c but maybe in the future. I bought another 300w CFL today for the other side but it was bad so I have to go back : / . Also my fox farms kit came in today so I gave them all a good gulp of big bloom and grow big.

S

ssteely71

Your plants will be happier on 18/6 and getting that HPs as close to the ladies as possible is going to greatly enhance the density of your flowers of course. I'm running a 600 HPS without AC in my tent when I bloom and have high temp issues. My next investment is an AC. Good luck !

freespirit

freespirit

It already smells super green in there, not that humid dirt smell :)

Power OG

Power OG

you should def look into gas lantern technique and def lower lights to stop the stretch, looking good bro

freespirit

freespirit

Lights off.

IMG 20140214 201917

Latest posts

Top Bottom