newbie (2nd grow ever) trying out new hybrid led. please comment

• Thread starter 40z2fr33dom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
burn4me

burn4me

sounds good to me...70/30 is what im shooting for. maybe just a little less with this sativa i have. i want to bounce happy trees happy happy trees

S

ssteely71

A few sativas I have grown never showed more than 5-10% amber trichs untill cured.........

40z2fr33dom

holy shit autos have come a long way..and NL no doubt..lol amazing
Tough guess..but I'd treat her like normal..looks like you have a couple of weeks before flushing. If she shows she is hungry and you've been on the feeds..it means she's getting ready to push out some bud swelling. Maybe another 2 weeks of normal feed..then start to taper..just an educated guess though.

the Northern Light's is from VISION seeds. I don't know why I was thinking nirvana

Natural

Natural

the Northern Light's is from VISION seeds. I don't know why I was thinking nirvana

I'd like to know if all those NL seeds are capable of getting that big? I had the impression autos had height/size restrictions. These would be a perfect candidate for some outdoor guerilla. Not that indoors wouldn't be better..just sayin...might be able to crop weeks ahead of everyone else if not months.

S

ssteely71

i did not know that. really so how the best way to find the time to chop?
Just judge it the way you would anything youve grown before, 95% red hairs, look for amber, just dont be surprised if a sativa dom strain doesnt have a high percentage of amber.
My Third dimension I grew recently was done at day 55. I let one clone of it go to 70 just to see and it never had more than 5% amber trichs at harvest....BUT after 6 weeks cure it had 30-40% amber and was bedtime meds.

burn4me

burn4me

Just judge it the way you would anything youve grown before, 95% red hairs, look for amber, just dont be surprised if a sativa dom strain doesnt have a high percentage of amber.
My Third dimension I grew recently was done at day 55. I let one clone of it go to 70 just to see and it never had more than 5% amber trichs at harvest....BUT after 6 weeks cure it had 30-40% amber and was bedtime meds.
well then good to know thanks for info drop

40z2fr33dom

Pix from 4/26
NL is bulking up more plus I think the top bud is turning purple. you can kind of see the purple coming out on the leaves. you cant see the purple on the bud itself because of the camera's flash, but you can see it on a few calyxes :).
I hope its purple anyway and not some sort of deficiency. we'll see though.
Smell has gotten IMMENSE. I can only imagine what its going to smell like in the next couple weeks.

Yesterday I sprayed down the NL and the JH with azamax again with the foliar application. also did a clean up of dead leaves and trim the awful looking ones which I do every 2-3 days

Just wondering, but has anyone used the azamax actually inside the reservoir tank with your regular nutes and/or watering schedule when running dwc??
I'm pretty sure you can but im just second guessing if I would, cuz when I mix up a foliar solution it gets pretty "sudsy" or bubbly like soap or something. its organic but im very hesitant about using it with anything other than ph'd R/O water. And even then I would flush the roots completely before going back to a feeding or watering schedule.
IDK but I think that's too much of a hassle for me.
I'm sticking with light solution and foliar spraying it directly on the problem. It definitely seems to be doing the job without a question.

I would still very much like to know if anyone has done it before.

Ill get back to you guys on the trichromes once I get the time to actually look at the plant with my lil scope.

Back to feeding schedule tonight

SAM 1405
SAM 1411
SAM 1410
SAM 1407
burn4me

burn4me

Pix from 4/26
NL is bulking up more plus I think the top bud is turning purple. you can kind of see the purple coming out on the leaves. you cant see the purple on the bud itself because of the camera's flash, but you can see it on a few calyxes :).
I hope its purple anyway and not some sort of deficiency. we'll see though.
Smell has gotten IMMENSE. I can only imagine what its going to smell like in the next couple weeks.

Yesterday I sprayed down the NL and the JH with azamax again with the foliar application. also did a clean up of dead leaves and trim the awful looking ones which I do every 2-3 days

Just wondering, but has anyone used the azamax actually inside the reservoir tank with your regular nutes and/or watering schedule when running dwc??
I'm pretty sure you can but im just second guessing if I would, cuz when I mix up a foliar solution it gets pretty "sudsy" or bubbly like soap or something. its organic but im very hesitant about using it with anything other than ph'd R/O water. And even then I would flush the roots completely before going back to a feeding or watering schedule.
IDK but I think that's too much of a hassle for me.
I'm sticking with light solution and foliar spraying it directly on the problem. It definitely seems to be doing the job without a question.

I would still very much like to know if anyone has done it before.

Ill get back to you guys on the trichromes once I get the time to actually look at the plant with my lil scope.

Back to feeding schedule tonight
i dont have an answer for your question but i would like to say for 2nd grow them nugs look decent. great job so far. hope it only gets better for ya brother.
keep it green B4M

40z2fr33dom

i dont have an answer for your question but i would like to say for 2nd grow them nugs look decent. great job so far. hope it only gets better for ya brother.
keep it green B4M

Thanks a lot i appreciate it B4M :cool:.
I give most of the props to the light.
I've have had the grow, bloom, and the uv/ir settings all turned up to the max since 4/23 so now we can really see what this led can do. ive been playing with the settings ever since i got the light so that's why i haven't mentioned the lights settings before.

40z2fr33dom

basic run down is ive had the grow settings turned up and the bloom and uv/ir turned down when i first go the light. gradually raised the uv/ir settings as she grew more in veg. then when she started showing sex with those lil white hairs coming out i switched to the bloom turned up and the grow and uv/ir turned down. again gradually raising the uv/ir settings as the plant matured. once the uv/ir and the bloom where both all the way up i gradually raised the grow settings up till they are in the state they are in now; Max settings.

40z2fr33dom

oh and BTW id say 95% of the trichromes are clear/cloudy. a couple of the very bottom growth that gets almost no light from being pressed up against the sides of the tent have a few amber trichs and obviously more hairs turning color too.

Do cannabis plants ripen from the bottom up? just pondering again

40z2fr33dom

4/30

im pretty dang sure it's time to flush now. last night was a cold one and the plants felt it too. much, much color change in the hairs on both the NL auto and JH auto. NL roots were protected with the 2-5 gal aquarium heater, which turned out to be a pretty good investment, but the JH's soil felt a lil cold. What I've decided to do tonight is load it with raw cane sugar and molasses in r/o water. Ill leave it for 1 1/2 days then straight flush with ph'd r/o water till the 14th which be the full moon. that's how I plan it anyway lol. Idunno how many people factor in the moon but im going to this round

first time im showing my bubblicious auto seedling

SAM 1423
SAM 1424
SAM 1425
SAM 1426
SAM 1428
SAM 1429
SAM 1431
SAM 1432

40z2fr33dom

5/2

my brand new jar of molasses that I bought the very first start of the NL grow went bad :wtf:. Making due with what I had, I soaked the plant in plain ph'd r/o water with organic raw cane sugar that I melted down in a smaller jar of r/o water in the microwave first to dissolve the sugar grains. soaked plant like this till the evening of 5/3 ( total of a one and a half day soak). I would have soaked a full 3 days, but I could smell a funk coming from the roots

SAM 1435
SAM 1436
SAM 1437
SAM 1441

40z2fr33dom

5/3

started the flush in the evening. nothing else but reverse osmosis water ph'd to around 5.8.

SAM 1445
SAM 1448
SAM 1446

40z2fr33dom

5/4

I decided to stab her.
I had heard that if you stab it in flush it produces more resin. the resin production is, I guess, a defense mechanism triggered when the plant is under attack. IDK if it's really true, but im always up to experimenting.

Any comments or ideas?

SAM 1459
SAM 1466

40z2fr33dom

5/5

Looks like autumn in may

IDK if the buds soaked up all the nutes in the big leaves over night because I stabbed it or what. smell has doubled in goodness and I honestly do think that although its not too noticeable yet, the resin production has been given a boost. Time will tell.

SAM 1469
SAM 1467
Top Bottom