newbie (2nd grow ever) trying out new hybrid led. please comment

• Thread starter 40z2fr33dom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Lol, never heard of a stab but I've heard of creating lots of needle points. Dunno if it'd matter either way really but ya they def do some wierd stuff when you freak em out

40z2fr33dom

That's a nice yielder !! Good job.

thank you, ssteely :cool:. I owe it to vision seeds, second sun labs led lights, and my background as a lab tech for years (im always batching up solutions and im all about precision and consistency lol). Numbers are always running through my head. if you ask me, hydro dwc is the way to go. it's all a matter of opinion really, but that's my 2 cents worth cuz I can control all aspects of my artificial world for my plants. autoflower is gonna be the main crop too. this one blew a few people back, seeing as this has gotten to be a pretty nice grow on my second run :D. Still much, much to learn.

Love your plants and they will love you back.

40z2fr33dom

I plan on doing the 3 days full blackout a few days before the full moon, too. read lots of threads which ppl claim it works and ppl who claim it does not. i love experimenting within reason though s
Lol, never heard of a stab but I've heard of creating lots of needle points. Dunno if it'd matter either way really but ya they def do some wierd stuff when you freak em out

Needle points are a brilliant idea lol. maybe next time around....

I plan on doing the 3 days full blackout a few days before the full moon, too. read lots of threads which ppl claim it works and ppl who claim it does not. i love experimenting within reason though

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Ya haha its crazy seeing a kitchen knife sticking out of the stock lol

40z2fr33dom

SAM 1487 5/10

about an hour before the 3 day blackout.

Trichs are pretty decent but still mostly cloudy. I hoped for a more amber ratio but now im hoping after the next few days if it will. the smell is killer. hard to put an exact description but its pretty damn fruity with an almost sour-ey kinda funk goin on lol.
I have no idea how much she's gonna weigh out to but its very promising.
SAM 1484
SAM 1490

SAM 1485
SAM 1486
SAM 1488
SAM 1489
SAM 1491
Harp

Harp

Damn thats good bud to leaf ratio. Looks bombatious for yourG 2nd grow

indonesia

indonesia

Ok.
I've only ever grown with led. I'm very much still a newbie, but I have already completed 1 grow all on my own without anyone's help, with an unknown strain, and with a half-assed led light that I purchased from ebay :banghead:. it wasn't that cheap either :shifty:. Anyway here's pics of my first grow.

As you can see the plant was growing too tall and I was forced to snap the top :inpain: but the lil sucker kept growing upwards. I ended up with a total 38 grams dry weight from the plant. Its very obvious that I harvested WAY too early :meh:. my 60x mag lens did not arrive till after I decided to harvest.

nutes in veg were general hydro trio plus root stimulator and kelp. I did do all 4 waterings in veg with superthrive but for some reason I didn't like using the ST so I dropped it.
during flower the trio was also used for a couple weeks until I wised up and got some hydro plant food with a hydrogen peroxide base and flora nova bloom :cool:. I also used floralicious plus concentrate with vegen plant food I got in the gen hydro start up box during my watering.
Oh yeah, cal mag was used throughout life cycle and plant was flushed right before being flipped to flower
which LED from ebay did you get? My buddy bought the actual "UFO" brand led, came with a little ballast/power supply. i decided to give them a shot cuz i had a little one too and it did amazing in veg. theyre not doing as well in bloom as i anticipated. got two 500w leds. in the process of switching back to my 2 hps 6's. hobby not commercial obviously

40z2fr33dom

which LED from ebay did you get? My buddy bought the actual "UFO" brand led, came with a little ballast/power supply. i decided to give them a shot cuz i had a little one too and it did amazing in veg. theyre not doing as well in bloom as i anticipated. got two 500w leds. in the process of switching back to my 2 hps 6's. hobby not commercial obviously

I used the COB led from LEDLIGHTPLANT. It says "Fastest Growth 300W LED Grow Light 3W Veg Flower Integrated COB Hydroponic Panel". The one I used had the magnifying lenses

867419704_338.jpg

Specification
◆ White painted housing case.
◆LED Output Power: 4pcs*75w COB (25x3w chip on board)
◆Power consumption: 185W+/-3%
◆Dimension: 310mmx310mmx75mm (12.2inch x 12.2inch x 2.95inch )
◆Lifespan: 50000-100000 hours
◆View Angle of LEDs: 90° Lens
◆Worldwide Voltage: AC85~265V
◆ Switch on/off control
◆Spectrum of Light: 430~440nm, 450~460nm, 610-615nm, 620~630nm, 650~660nm
◆ Conveniently Cross-connection of products with Daisy-chain power cord design.
◆Worldwide Power Cord (USA, EUR,UK, AU,Japan) Type Plug according to your country need.
About our light Output Power and Power Consumption description, please read more specific info before buying.
Package Contents
◆1 x 300wReflector cupCOB ledgrow light;1 x power cord; 1 x hanging kit.
◆Vegetative Stage: 14-18 hours on. Flowering Stage: 10-12 hours on.
◆Just indoor gardens and greenhouses use only. NOT intended for outdoor use.
Why Choose COB LED Grow Light ?
978596268_119.jpg
978689354_533.jpg

Full Spectrum + Deep Intensity
cart.jpg

Our Factory
871325063_582.jpg

Test Room
871331544_826.jpg
871331547_337.jpg

40z2fr33dom

the one im using now is the mx600 Top Shelf series from Second Sun Labs. Definitely produces top shelf bud :cool:. if I had an indoor farm for commercial, i would use the mx1200 version 2. This light has very obviously paid for itself on its first grow

Pix of the mx600 are from when I first started using the light with the NL, as you'll see from previous posts.

and threw a pic of the old light in for good reference as well

SAM 1201
SAM 1203
SAM 1205
SAM 1209
Last edited:

40z2fr33dom

update on the Northern Lights.

5/14

flipped my lights back on today at the regular scheduled "artificial sunrise". I had read a post on the farm from GR33nL34f where he quoted someone else which goes like this:

"The plant has two main processes, photosynthesis and respiration. Both occur during the lights on cycle, but only respiration is occurring during the lights off cycle (obviously) because there is no light. The reason an extended dark cycle makes no sense, is because only photosynthesis can generate new sugar in the plant. . . respiration is the process of converting sugar into energy for the plant, while photosynthesis is the process of converting light energy into sugar for storage or immediate use. . . . more photosynthesis and less respiration = more sugar to be stored in the plant = higher sugar content. . . . . contrary to more dark time before harvest = more respiration and no photosynthesis = plant consumes all its stored sugar = less sugar content in the plant at harvest! I hope that all makes sense, I am sure there are plenty of people that will discount that explanation and say that somehow the extra dark time makes the plant convert the sugar into more THC than normal, but I have not seen any proof of this"

with that brought to the fore front, i figured one last day of lights should drain whatever's left of the "energy" the plant stored from 3 days of "respiration"
Just experimenting within reason lol

indonesia

indonesia

nice, mine were the 500w, but the actual power consumption was only 300w. ive heard they work alot better with hydro. thus far in soil not completely impressed. Kind Leds has a nice lineup, but theirs were $595 a piece compared to $300. I have a few pieces of knock off equipment that work better than the namebrand i ran before. with the leds i bought, not so much. Thanks for sharing bud

40z2fr33dom

nice, mine were the 500w, but the actual power consumption was only 300w. ive heard they work alot better with hydro. thus far in soil not completely impressed. Kind Leds has a nice lineup, but theirs were $595 a piece compared to $300. I have a few pieces of knock off equipment that work better than the namebrand i ran before. with the leds i bought, not so much. Thanks for sharing bud

sent some convo your way bro. check your inbox

40z2fr33dom

just barely starting the process of trimming before I decided to take this pic. I made a hair ball which was looking pretty tempting to me so I had to try it :D.

ive got 6 jars filled now but Ima cure mine a lil diff from some ppl ive seen here. my caregiver and very good friend was telling me he chops the plants at the base, hangs them upside down for 3 days then they get trimmed and put into jars about as fast as he can. they will still be pretty moist but the ability to keep the moisture in with the jars and keeping a really close eye on them to "burp" them only every so often so they don't catch mold, really really slows down the curing process which he says in about a month the flavor and the potency gets good boost. in about 2 months and on everything is prime. I believe it, as his kosher kush pulled in a 31.76% thc from the labs! I forgot what the cbd and cbn were. it's my main medicine still to this day :D.

ive been test vaping a whole lot of the lower and smaller buds from my NL. ive "quick" dried out almost 9 grams already lol. I give it 2 thumbs way up. takes away my chronic pain for hours. puts me in a hell of a good mood, too. lol

SAM 1500
Top Bottom