Newbie First Autoflower Grow Afghan Kush And Candy Kush

• Thread starter Bigc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigc

Bigc

Ghetto do you think they have enough light mate? Not sure if I'm just getting worried over nothing but don't want my babies to fuck up haha

str8smokn

str8smokn

I don't know what the lead will do? Try a drinking straw,toothpick,hell go outside a find a little stick. That's enough light for now.they are still seedlings.dont over water them,low stress plants.
STR8

Bigc

Bigc

Good shout. Quick change...

Apollo13

Apollo13

First of all, im no pro. they are out west, and dont have jobs besides the grow. I'm good, but hobby farmer in my eyes..with some decades of experience..sadly, I'd trade it for young and dumb..lol

no lead in a pencil, graphite. I have had no luck with thermostat in tents. But I run 1000 watt in a 7x7.
don't bring sticks from outside into a tent grow..bad for bugs ect.

u can run cool hoods with no glass. I'm about options, cool hood is the way...sorry g. if you have no lights, cool hood is a great place to start. go ebay. cheap I have 200 dollar cool hoods been running for 10 years no problem. you can get better, but a good start.
With that said, a million ways to skin this cat..

Apollo13

Apollo13

you can make Heisenberg tea and dip ur clone cubes in tea to inoculate against rot.

Bigc

Bigc

Will defo do that next time man!

Any suggestions on when to transport the two smaller ones into bigger pots?
Just keep thinking they aren't looking as good as they should at the moment or am I just being paranoid?

Apollo13

Apollo13

I wouldnt. I grow plants to 16 inch in a 1 gallon easy. too big of pot. stays wet a long time, rot. but I don't use anything but soil or straight dro. so coco is not my expertise. I know Heisenberg tea is awesome witb it and many soak their coco with it before use. please research that, like I said, I don't fool with coco.

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

No deffo dont transplant yet mate u don't wanna be transplanting until the pots full with roots man....I start mine in nice little 1ltr pots it normally only takes a few weeks until they're well rooted then they'll go into their final home.....over watering small plants is one of the biggest killers man its hard to over water in coco but not when they're small

str8smokn

str8smokn

You should start Auto flowers in the pot that they will finish in. They need the big pots to start with cause they do not have time to deal with transplant shock. The shock will totally reduce harvest amount and quality of harvest. Transplant now, Coco dries out pretty fast from my understanding,you do not have to water the whole pot ,just drops around plant. But that is using soil.. I start in a 17" pot around 4gallons size and finish in that pot.
STR8

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

And when they are still babies like yours you don't want to be watering them much at all...only a tiny but around the stem that's all the whole.pot doesn't have to be wet. You want the roots to search for air and water and fill the pot and they wont thrive in a soggy pot

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Aye didn't think about that str8...ibe never done autos so listen to him bigc lol....but deffo cut back on your watering

Bigc

Bigc

Well the coco is slightly moist so think that's ok. Roughly how many ml would you be watering them now (when they next need a feed)

Off to get some sleep now so wI'll give you guys an update in the morning.

Really appreciate the advice everyone, ghetto, apollo, 76, str8, Robbie. Sorry if I missed anyone but keep it coming guys!!

str8smokn

str8smokn

Have you thought of when you repot to switch to soil instead of Coco?
STR8

Bigc

Bigc

Well the two in the big pots I will leave but I could change the other 4? Is it really worth it though? Been told the gold label 60/40 is great stuff?

str8smokn

str8smokn

I'm sure It is if you know what your doing,but soil has a little bit of buffer zone to help us newbies. But again I don't grow in coco,I'm not that good.
STR8

Bigc

Bigc

Yeh fair point mate. Just don't want to shell out even more money. Friday I gotta go get some stuff so keep the temp down while shifting across to my 600w hid lamp and that's gnna cost!

Apollo13

Apollo13

I agree, I don't auto and I don't coco. I do know, a hid will increase ur watering. Buy a moisture meter and find out when to water in ur environment and stay consistent.
Too low nutrients harvest buds, too high and it dies. wise words.

Top Bottom