NFT/Gutter grow and Loompa's gear

• Thread starter Canappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
My special Yeti F3 is growing her second set of leaves also in a set of three:woot:
I never had a plant do this? Is a good thing? I am assuming it is, what do you think @FlyinJStable here is the girl I talked to you about...
View attachment 431559

Very very nice. Congratulations, at least, personally I always feel a congratulations is in order. Something about these whorlers that gets me excited every time I see them.

I ran into posts from a small breeder called GMT again recently, he worked 12 years on breeding what he simply refers to as tris and quads. His "BruisedNuts" start out as tricots or quad cotyledons already. One of the things he works on breeding out is reverting back to regular opposite. Mine don't start out as tri and start whorling later. Makes me wonder what happens if his would be crossed with mine... I'm popping unsorted seeds just to find one of those early whorlers to cross with my later whorlers so everytime I see one I get a little envious :D

Canappa

Canappa

I am impressed with the recovery as well and way cool, there is a cat on the forum here who is breeding for whorts will try and find it and send ya the thread his plants are amazing I have had one plant do this and when it was topped the three branch came out I bet @loompa will be chimein in on this one for sure.
Great find Bro looking forward to seeing um running to the Dank side of the moon.....
Super Loompa Vibes to yaz Canappa
FlyJ

Thanks for the info good looking out;) I always return my favors great to know that @Sativied grows them out, now I can know what to expect. My question is do they mainly lead toward the male or female traits or is a 50/50 chance like a normal seed? I am going to keep a close eye on this one for sure. I also wonder if Loompa has experienced and of these traits in the past?

Canappa

Canappa

Very very nice. Congratulations, at least, personally I always feel a congratulations is in order. Something about these whorlers that gets me excited every time I see them.

I ran into posts from a small breeder called GMT again recently, he worked 12 years on breeding what he simply refers to as tris and quads. His "BruisedNuts" start out as tricots or quad cotyledons already. One of the things he works on breeding out is reverting back to regular opposite. Mine don't start out as tri and start whorling later. Makes me wonder what happens if his would be crossed with mine... I'm popping unsorted seeds just to find one of those early whorlers to cross with my later whorlers so everytime I see one I get a little envious :D

Well I guess you are the man to ask about whorlers, but first off thanks for stopping by. I never in all my years of growing seen one grow like this. Whorlers? they even have a name for it, at first I thought it would grow out of it but after them second leaves came through I knew it was not normal. I guess my first question to you would be what are the pros and cons for keeping him/her? If you dont mind me asking

Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I just call them whorlers so I don't have to type out "whorled phyllotaxy" every time.

As for your question, check out post #19 in my thread, including the quote of myself: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/breeding-for-whorls.63887/#post-1264130

In short: because that 3rd leaf takes up an unoccupied spot it's an extra solar panel working for the plant and you basically get a lot more plant in the same time During vegging that is. Something that in practice - which is partly because I crop and spread them out - turned out the be the case as well as my IH#5 plant clearly showed (also in my thread). If you for example top plants to get a certain number of main colas you can top it sooner.

Once it matures and starts alternating there's no difference with a regular one, at least not that I noticed. I haven't grown and flowered and compared enough different ones yet to really make a comparison yield-wise etc but apart from getting extra bonus branches resulting in more bud sites I don't expect to find any major pros or cons either.

I got one flowering before it matured so the leaves in a main bud site is tri-whorled, so it has 3 axillary buds at the same level, but just a tad smaller than the 2 axillary buds at another similar but regular-opposite bud site so it sort of evens out.

I guess if there's a con it's that if it's a leafy indica with tight node spacing it indoors probably needs some pruning/training/trimming to prevent it from getting too bushy. Also depends if the side branches and the branches of those are tri-whorled as well.

Icristal

Icristal

Looking great Canappa, very nice 3 for 3 Yetie, watching this real close. One of my Moon Dawgs has 3 sets of leaves on the first set, and thanks for stopping by, we will both see what happens and good luck. :)

Canappa

Canappa

I just call them whorlers so I don't have to type out "whorled phyllotaxy" every time.

As for your question, check out post #19 in my thread, including the quote of myself: https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/breeding-for-whorls.63887/#post-1264130

In short: because that 3rd leaf takes up an unoccupied spot it's an extra solar panel working for the plant and you basically get a lot more plant in the same time During vegging that is. Something that in practice - which is partly because I crop and spread them out - turned out the be the case as well as my IH#5 plant clearly showed (also in my thread). If you for example top plants to get a certain number of main colas you can top it sooner.

Once it matures and starts alternating there's no difference with a regular one, at least not that I noticed. I haven't grown and flowered and compared enough different ones yet to really make a comparison yield-wise etc but apart from getting extra bonus branches resulting in more bud sites I don't expect to find any major pros or cons either.

I got one flowering before it matured so the leaves in a main bud site is tri-whorled, so it has 3 axillary buds at the same level, but just a tad smaller than the 2 axillary buds at another similar but regular-opposite bud site so it sort of evens out.

I guess if there's a con it's that if it's a leafy indica with tight node spacing it indoors probably needs some pruning/training/trimming to prevent it from getting too bushy. Also depends if the side branches and the branches of those are tri-whorled as well.

Thanks I was just reading that love the info you provided based on what I read this a one to keep, cant wait to see if its a male or female. Thanks again for the much needed info, I cant go wrond if she is a keeper female. It seems that I am not the only one to have found this in Loompas gear.

Love your set up! I cant get over how are set ups are almost similar by using nft systems. I built mine check it out my set up here is the link:https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-200-00-nft-rain-gutter-system.60308/

burn4me

burn4me

Aint nothing to stop me from being in the competition, lol babies are doing well thanks for the good vibes;)
love that attitude brother. love this grow man. and wow on that info dropped by sativied was great. hope that turns to you keeper bro. sending mad +vibes your way. keep on keepin on brother

Canappa

Canappa

love that attitude brother. love this grow man. and wow on that info dropped by sativied was great. hope that turns to you keeper bro. sending mad +vibes your way. keep on keepin on brother

Yes sativied is the man when it come to the "whorled phyllotaxy" I have going on in the F3 #3 that I have. Never had a plant do this or seen one in my life, so its going to very interesting what comes from her/him. Peace bro and keep it real;)

Power OG

Power OG

Nice bro! Very interested to see it finish! Could be special. Hope all is well your way. Keep up all the great work & info bro.
Respect

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

When it comes to this flower.. . . . when it is a growing issue...... or a unique pheno .........or a question about back x ....
There is one place to find it.
and you are all here.......
INHO
3 sided super lucky loompa vibes
The table is full of invaluable knowledge.
FlyJ

Canappa

Canappa

Nice bro! Very interested to see it finish! Could be special. Hope all is well your way. Keep up all the great work & info bro.
Respect

Whats up Power hows it going? Nothing up here just getting ready to setup my new nft system. The Yeti line up is coming along nicely, they recovered 100%. I am happy to be able to run loompas gear, I hope to provide you all a good show! thanks for the stopping by peace;)

Canappa

Canappa

Quick update:
My 3 leaf continues to grow strong
DSCF5743

The Moon Dawgs will reach the Moon, by the way they are growing so fast lol
DSCF5747

Top Bottom