NFT/Gutter grow and Loompa's gear

• Thread starter Canappa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icristal

Icristal

Looking real good Canappa, growing up fast. It is official, my moondawg #3 is a tri whorler too, in a muntant sort of way,,,lol Looking forward to seeing how they both do. Happy growing :)

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@Canappa
Hope ya had a laid back Weekend and burnt some coals
I had A hella time on the Mountain Way too meny plants to handle this round,
NOTE TO SELF: 38 plants is a bit Over da Top
culled the males and searched through the Loompa Gear YetiF3 Rocks and the Moon Dawgs are
great plants... Watching your kick ass system with great enthusiasm. Rock that gear broski
FlyJ

Canappa

Canappa

Hell ya them ladies are looking good, did you already take some clones in case you get that special one, like your tri-leaf?

Thanks bro;) No clones yet in about a wk I will take cuts from all of them, the tri is looking killer dont know if I am going to top her or not yet?

@Canappa
Hope ya had a laid back Weekend and burnt some coals
I had A hella time on the Mountain Way too meny plants to handle this round,
NOTE TO SELF: 38 plants is a bit Over da Top
culled the males and searched through the Loompa Gear YetiF3 Rocks and the Moon Dawgs are
great plants... Watching your kick ass system with great enthusiasm. Rock that gear broski
FlyJ

Things are on the up and up for the yeti's the moondawg especial is growing like no other! 38 plants dont you mean trees lol they must be loving the outdoors. your a lucky grower to be able to grow outdoors.I did run into a little trouble with taco leaf on some? I have no bugs checked under the scope, and the only thing I could think of is the water is just too much for them to breath I was drowning the roots, So I set the pump on a time
15on /30min off , raised ppm to 800 so far they are looking great for being 10days in the system.

The system runs great sounds like a water fall in the room with all the water going through them jets very relaxing sounds, peace bro.:)

Canappa

Canappa

UpDate only 10days in the Gutters and they are blowing up:woot:
First up my Tri leaf Yeti
DSCF7097

DSCF7115

DSCF7106

DSCF7108

DSCF7109

DSCF7098

DSCF7114

DSCF7112

Canappa

Canappa

Question:
I have a question for anybody growing Loompa beans, I noticed the leaved starting to "taco leaf" thought it might have been bugs but check and all is clean. I was spraying with Nitrozime during the day and stopped seems to have helped,I also increased the nutes to 800ppm maybe they dont like foliar spray? Just wondering if anybody else out there is experiencing "Taco Leaf" in their grows maybe @loompa knows?

dogznova

dogznova

My Bx2's did that as well from seed.. But clones for some reason No more taco bell.. lol

Great grow cana..

Ps. Mine did it a lot worse then i'm seeing in your pics..

Canappa

Canappa

My Bx2's did that as well from seed.. But clones for some reason No more taco bell.. lol

Great grow cana..

Ps. Mine did it a lot worse then i'm seeing in your pics..

Good to know bro, Now that I stopped the foliar spaying and set the timer on the pumps a lot as changed in 24hrs. The plants are all reaching for the sky I even have some leaves twisting at 90 degrees like it wants more light? or can it be the higher nutes? I have two 600mh's running and two hps set at 400watts should be good for lights for now. In the long run looks like my problems are over with "taco leaf"time to go into Turbo Grow mode;) Peace...

Harp

Harp

I had the same problem with some ogk. I raised the ph level and tacos disappeared. A tip I got from orcaman

Harp

Harp

I also had the 90 degree twist and it all disappeared with a slight raise of the ph.

P

playat504

hey i saw your setup on sin city forum hows the hydroton baskets work instead of the 3" rockwool you were using?

Canappa

Canappa

I had the same problem with some ogk. I raised the ph level and tacos disappeared. A tip I got from orcaman

Raised the pH to 6.0 seems to help thanks for the tip bro;)

hey i saw your setup on sin city forum hows the hydroton baskets work instead of the 3" rockwool you were using?

Yeh I am not too thrilled about them, I have always used 3"rock wool cubes but since they dont make them for 3" pots I am forced to use the hydroton pebbles. My next run I am only going to use rook wool to fill the baskets. I think the pebbles are causing root problems, the reason I think this is becuase my roots where always in great health with rock wool but now its taking along time to establish roots and they dont look healthy the only thing that changed is the pebbles. I washed them out but something in them is messing with my root growth? I will know for sure the next run.

Looking good! Nice set up!

Thanks for the visit bro....

Canappa

Canappa

Ok some of you been bring up the question what do you cool your water with? Well here is the answer. Dont spend your money on a BS water chiller, buy a dehumidifier instead. I just bought this one on Craigslist for $10 bucks but its worth 10x that for what it can do here is what I did. I am not going to get all crazy about the details its as simple as it get if you cant figure it out you shouldn't build one...

"If you go and try and build your own its all up to you! I will not be responsible for anything that might go wrong, your build at your own risk not mine." Now that's done here are some pics:snaphappy:

My $10 Dehumidifier Its and old one but its built way better than the new ones.
DSCF7138

DSCF7122

Check out the old school cooling coil in the rear, makes it easy to remove, cant find this on the new ones
DSCF7123

I then removed the coil and unwound it, BE VERY CAREFUL at this point dont rush it but bend it to the way you need. I used a few plastic zip ties to keep it together while bending.
DSCF7129

DSCF7130
DSCF7131

The end results water temp down to 64 degrees! pump off and 69 when the pump on, and that was only running for 20min:woot:
DSCF7134

DSCF7136

DSCF7137

ZONER

ZONER

Ok some of you been bring up the question what do you cool your water with? Well here is the answer. Dont spend your money on a BS water chiller, buy a dehumidifier instead. I just bought this one on Craigslist for $10 bucks but its worth 10x that for what it can do here is what I did. I am not going to get all crazy about the details its as simple as it get if you cant figure it out you shouldn't build one...

"If you go and try and build your own its all up to you! I will not be responsible for anything that might go wrong, your build at your own risk not mine." Now that's done here are some pics:snaphappy:

My $10 Dehumidifier Its and old one but its built way better than the new ones.View attachment 438233
View attachment 438234
Check out the old school cooling coil in the rear, makes it easy to remove, cant find this on the new ones
View attachment 438236
I then removed the coil and unwound it, BE VERY CAREFUL at this point dont rush it but bend it to the way you need. I used a few plastic zip ties to keep it together while bending.
View attachment 438237
View attachment 438238 View attachment 438239
The end results water temp down to 64 degrees! pump off and 69 when the pump on, and that was only running for 20min:woot:
View attachment 438240
View attachment 438241

View attachment 438242
And to think, that some people referred to me as MacGyver ..... Nice tip Canappa. I think your NFT setup is stellar Bro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom