Norcal Outdoor Garden Of Eden

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dabominable

Dabominable

Hawaii gets rain 365 days a year on part of the island right? You guys are having water trouble? Crazy yo. Just shows you, droughts travel to every part of the globe at one point or another. It's all a huge cycle.

I will try to make a video of my press, been to lazy to make a video. I was out of town last week, is why I couldn't do it then. How did you like using the metal screens? I would think those are the best, if you can get them in pouches.

I like the 32u bags for hash and 90u or larger bags for flower/trim. I found with the larger bags, my hash would squish right through the bags. When using the 32u for trim, I found my yields were much lower than with a 90u bag.

Single side heat for your press? Only one plate heats up? Same with my press, but I don't find it to be a problem. I just heat it up with it closed before use, works great. I have a temp gun, and the temp transfers to the cold plate very well. Your press does 1000lbs per square inch, or just 1000 lbs overall? What is your plate size?

I honestly have no clue if its psi or total - I wasn't a pouch perse, but i used 2 3.5" x 3.5" screens to fold and make my own pouch.I honestly think the bags were so drty i was shaking too hard and pulled in more green material then id like. I also think that it being 100 micron was not the right call, everything seems to just dry out inside the metal before the expunging process. I hadnt thought of heating it closed to heat the lower half. The plate is 14" log by 12" wide

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Just heard on the new that Al Jazzera news station is going out of business. Anybody else super sad about this, (sarcasm)

The bastards that aided Bin Laden, and spread Al Qaeda and ISIS propaganda, and even printing how to make bombs. On top of that, Al Gore, the former owner of the news station before it sold to Al Jazzera instead of TheBlaze because of political motivation. Well the blaze is now in the top 100 websites in the world, and Al Jizzera is out of business. Karma and the free market prevails.

Shameful Al Gore. Hope Al Jizzera never returns.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Sorry GanjeroDave, you don't know what your talking about. It's called a cover crop, and if your not doing it, then your missing the boat guy. I got my game on lock down, not a drop of pm on my crop, thanks for the effort.

Talking canopy?
Oviewview for farmtek

Last edited:
Bulldog11

Bulldog11

well, I have seen your first posts have been in some organic threads. Learn what a cover crop is. Then learn what a balanced soil is, then learn why PM can't infect a healthy crop. Whether a cover crop or cannabis crop. You have lots to learn young grasshopper.

Also, it's one thing to throw in your two cents. It's another all together to say I smoke moldy buds because of a cover crop. Really shows how green you are to the canna game.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Also, I am guessing you have never run a light dep greenhouse? It's much different than indoors, and a stuffed canopy doesn't equal higher yields. Like I said, much to learn young grasshopper.

Nice! Next time you should definitely optimize your canopy though.

Well versed in cover crops.just have seen to many covered in powdery mildew to risk it.thought you were looking for feed back from your original posts last statement sorry if offended just calls em how I sees em take care:)

Also not sure if that's your herb garden or weeds growing but thats powdery mildew waiting to happen man would hate for you to ruin your crop or catch a lung infection from smoking P.M buds.Awesome job though!

So well versed in cover crops that you think they are "weeds or herbs"........... Now your just making stuff up man. Don't come in my thread with this nonsense.

papapayne

papapayne

Nice! Next time you should definitely optimize your canopy though.That first picture the plants are super stretchy and can tell wouldn't produce as much as they COULD have with proper training techniques.Also not sure if that's your herb garden or weeds growing but thats powdery mildew waiting to happen man would hate for you to ruin your crop or catch a lung infection from smoking P.M buds.Awesome job though!

PM is also species specific...as far as all the research I have done with my botany professor the only other plant species that the same strain of pm as what hits cannabis is blackberries, boysenberries, raspberries, and myrtles. PM has strains just like cannabis does, and each strain is host specific. IE pm from tomatoes plants is a different strain then what hosts in cannabis. They can't cross species.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

PM is also species specific...as far as all the research I have done with my botany professor the only other plant species that the same strain of pm as what hits cannabis is blackberries, boysenberries, raspberries, and myrtles. PM has strains just like cannabis does, and each strain is host specific. IE pm from tomatoes plants is a different strain then what hosts in cannabis. They can't cross species.

Interesting..... I have vineyard on my property as well, with plants very close by. Once I harvest my grapes, often PM sets in. However, knock on wood, I have yet to see it transfer to my cannabis plants, or orchard for that matter. What you say may be evidence of this. Thanks for sharing.

Newenglander

Newenglander

Uh oh....dropping real knowledge, you might confuse some of the newer "den" members with facts like that. But your 100% right and I'm surprised it's not more widely known.

I love your thread bulldog11 I'd say you've definitely got a garden of eden!

I just joined but have been scanning every thread lately it seems there has been an influx of highly misinformed outspoken growers lately. Am I the only one to notice it?

papapayne

papapayne

Also, I am guessing you have never run a light dep greenhouse? It's much different than indoors, and a stuffed canopy doesn't equal higher yields. Like I said, much to learn young grasshopper.

So well versed in cover crops that you think they are "weeds or herbs"........... Now your just making stuff up man. Don't come in my thread with this nonsense.

Yea...indoor moving to outdoor growers definitely struggle with that concept of packed and spacing on outdoor plants.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I just joined but have been scanning every thread lately it seems there has been an influx of highly misinformed outspoken growers lately. Am I the only one to notice it?

I noticed that for sure. I just wish people with different insight could be more diplomatic when trying to spread their personal construct of reality. We could all learn from each other if we let down our ego's at times.

Thanks for the kind words Newenglander.

germinator

germinator

Interesting..... I have vineyard on my property as well, with plants very close by. Once I harvest my grapes, often PM sets in. However, knock on wood, I have yet to see it transfer to my cannabis plants, or orchard for that matter. What you say may be evidence of this. Thanks for sharing.

Hey dog quick question... can ya cross pollinate your grapes with some canna. I'm not a wine drinker.
How come we can't have like a thc tomatoes snap pea or something?

papapayne

papapayne

Yea I am on the opposite end of that! I have 500' of blackberries on my property and that makes pm a nightmare here. (plus I have river frontage to!)

I had never even seen PM when I live in cali, so with as many troubles as Ive had with it in oregon, I may end up making PM part of my thesis. Its one of my main strain selection factors here, luckily I have found about 9 strains now that are totally immune.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Hey dog quick question... can ya cross pollinate your grapes with some canna. I'm not a wine drinker.
How come we can't have like a thc tomatoes snap pea or something?

Talk to monsanto, lol. Way over my head. The quick answer is no, you can't cross pollinate. Now gene splicing may be an option. I have however infused cannabis oil to various alcoholic drinks and they are quite nice.

My grapes are table grapes.

Yea I am on the opposite end of that! I have 500' of blackberries on my property and that makes pm a nightmare here. (plus I have river frontage to!)

I had never even seen PM when I live in cali, so with as many troubles as Ive had with it in oregon, I may end up making PM part of my thesis. Its one of my main strain selection factors here, luckily I have found about 9 strains now that are totally immune.

When that day comes, I would love to read your thesis if you don't mind.

Also, nine strains that are immune? Dude, you're doing great work.

papapayne

papapayne

Uh oh....dropping real knowledge, you might confuse some of the newer "den" members with facts like that. But your 100% right and I'm surprised it's not more widely known.

I love your thread bulldog11 I'd say you've definitely got a garden of eden!

Sadly...that's nothing new both indoors or outdoors. So much miss information floating around.

papapayne

papapayne

Talk to monsanto, lol. Way over my head. The quick answer is no, you can't cross pollinate. Now gene splicing may be an option. I have however infused cannabis oil to various alcoholic drinks and they are quite nice.

No worries man, I can gladly get ya hooked up with it. Prob be 2 more years, in year 2 right now, but can't do 14 units anymore per term, its killing me. I am excited though, I got everything handled to be able to transfer to Oregon State University, which is rated just about the best horticulture/botany program on the west coast, so definitely excited.

papapayne

papapayne

Oh ya, and pm resistance strains....its taking popping HUNDREDS of seeds from many different growers, and culling anything that showed pm. I cant even explain how many FIRE elite strains I have axed. Hell, some 30% thc strains, my 28% CBD 6% CBD strain...SFV...Ghost train haze, blue dream, skunk, etc etc etc etc Let me just say, its really hard to cut down a strain that you know could fill whole rooms or greenhouses and make fire bud. But...I aint smoking pm...and one of my army brothers has a compromised immune system due to service related conditions, and I don't (and he doesn't) trust anyone else locally to not give PM buds, which if he smoked or consumed, could really make him sick.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Seems like I will be following you for a while then @papapayne. I always like to know who knows what they are talking about, and where they get their info from. Seems like your set on a very nice path in life, I wish you all the best.

papapayne

papapayne

Seems like I will be following you for a while then @papapayne. I always like to know who knows what they are talking about, and where they get their info from. Seems like your set on a very nice path in life, I wish you all the best.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I definitely enjoy your greenhouse to man, hopefully my new greenhouse will come together as nice. My life has definitely lead me down this path...I'll be growing cannabis and breeding cannabis till I am no longer able to physically do it...even if there's 0 money in it. After my service in the Army, I was pretty fucked up, and was zombiefied due to everything the VA had me on, and cannabis gave me my life back.

papapayne

papapayne

Oh yea, some 151 in a jar with an oz of bud left in the darkness for 40+ days, shaken every week or so, one shot will have you so fubared...most intense cannabis high I have ever had has been off 2 shots of infused 151...taste leaves MUCH to be desired though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom