Norcal Outdoor Garden Of Eden

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
papapayne

papapayne

My BHO maker that I hire out still thinks BHO is better. Denial is a powerful thing.

Yea, the t-shirt press is the way to go! Can get that shit dialed in to make perfect shatter/goo. The shatter is a little easier to convert BHO lovers on, as it seems more like what they are used to for "hi grade" Even the best BHO takes like butane and kills my lungs, with the rosin, doesn't hurt the lungs at all, a hit is just a hit, few coughs and away ya go. I love being able to really taste the flavors outta the rosin. Although, to be honest, not every strain makes good rosin. For example, the ak47 my buddy grow in the bong tasted savory, earthy, and really pleasant. The rosin however, tasted like straight man armpit. Not a pleasant taste at all lol.

The cherry pie got smoked up quick, she made really taffy rosin, and was instant perma smile and euphoria. Its funny, the more I run the rosin, it definitely changes my keepers. I acquired Chernobyl "slymer" golden ticket cut that I have always heard makes lime cherry slushies rosin. Can't wait to try it!

papapayne

papapayne

No idea why I can't edit today.....

Have you guys noticed with fresh nugs you get a much terpier taste than with bubble squeezed?

Its live vs dead resin in that. Fresh trim,popcorn made to bubble hash will produce that as well. Sadly I usually end up drying then making so not quite as flavorful. Definitely makes a difference though.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I know that man armpit smell you speak of. One of my Yeti pheno's came out exactly the same way, even though the flowers were nice.

@papapayne did you make any adjustments to your t-shirt press? Which one do you have? I got the 15 x 15, and I am going to take apart the housing so I can use some wood clamps I have. Clamps apply 600 lbs each, so it should do ok. Finally got all my gear, but the wife needs help with a few things first. So maybe first thing next year.

papapayne

papapayne

I dont have one yet, the guy that showed me his method on rosin has one and I been drooling over it. Was about 500 bucks new, I believe its 15x15 as well and he usually puts a large ball of bubble hash on it, and then set to I believe he said 180 degrees, Ill ask him again, and then he presses with full weight for 5 secs, and splats out a nice pancake of rosin. Really well worked full melt bubble from most strains will make a clear yellow perfectly clean taffy cake.

papapayne

papapayne

I haven't every made rosin myself outta nugs, always outta bubble hash. The spent bubble hash after rosin gets thrown into 3# of butter in crockpot for a day, then I make cookie dough rolled into a 1 inch tube of parchment paper and then make same thickness sliced cookies off the "rolled log" to make really similar dosage cookies. Crowd favorite so far has been sugar cookies with medicated Carmel drizzled over it :)

papapayne

papapayne

I know that man armpit smell you speak of. One of my Yeti pheno's came out exactly the same way, even though the flowers were nice.

@papapayne did you make any adjustments to your t-shirt press? Which one do you have? I got the 15 x 15, and I am going to take apart the housing so I can use some wood clamps I have. Clamps apply 600 lbs each, so it should do ok. Finally got all my gear, but the wife needs help with a few things first. So maybe first thing next year.

Yea, not making any more rosin with that ak47 cut again thats for sure! IDK about you, but I don't like smoking man flesh lol.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I am looking forward to seeing how different grades of bubble turn out. When I first started my bubble, I was using distilled water for the ice and water. Only ran the washer for 5 minutes the first time, micro plane, and ended up with some really nice full melt. However, since I discovered rosin, I have been using well water, and running the washer for 20 min. The bubble still melts, but leaves residue on the nail. Then I have the 160u grade that I normally throw out. Wonder if that will make decent rosin or not?

papapayne

papapayne

I'd have to look again but I think one of my 5 bags is around, that micron. I have found a key to the process is a pump up water sprayer to keep bags and mesh clean and flowing. Helps blast out any sand dirt or contanaments. In all the times watching frenchies hash video, he always does it but doesn't specifically say how important it is.

Dabominable

Dabominable

I have a couple lbs of bubble right now that I am going to press here in the next day or two. Just got my bubble rosin bags from Fresh Headies.

I tried one squish with the hash, and it turned out really glassy/shatter. I prefer a goo, but the quality is out of this world. I think I have already decided, never again with BHO. All bud, and hash squishin' from here on out.

My 15 x 15 t-shirt press does a good job. I will take a video or two when I get into making the hash, and post it in the new thread.

Right!
Yeah i wanna see the press in action. How much was it? I might get on that band wagon

Dabominable

Dabominable

Also, have a link to the rosin bags? I guess since im into the rosin so much, i could commit and sell all my hvac gear.

Dabominable

Dabominable

Sick, that press looks badass! So are you gonna be pressing material or dry sift or hash or what? Seems like the rosin tech bags are 70 micron? Never used the bags before, so really curious how it all works/works out

papapayne

papapayne

Yea, my rosin screen is 25U, just a big square. Always use the good parchment paper - RAW or Reynolds. The dollar tree/off brand doesn't release the rosin as well

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Not sure if anybody cares, but in another thread people were asking how long it would take to fill reservoirs in California. I can't tell you how long it will take this time, but I can tell you what history tells us. In 1977, Don Pedro and Lake Molones were at all time lows, even lower than today. (even though many claim this is the worst drought in 1000 years) In 1983, those same reservoirs were at still record highs. So in 6 years, it went from record lows, to record highs. Just thought I would pass this along.

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/256588/rainfall-data-to-date-trending-well.html

Dabominable

Dabominable

I believe this year hawaii and california wet/dry seasons are switched. We're supposed to experience a gnarly grought for the next 7-9 months, whereas you guys were supposed to have your resses overflowing this year. P.s. where the pics/videos of that press in actions? I failed pretty good the other night, but i think it was because i was borrowing a friend's pair of 45+73 bags, and they were just old and filthy. So i didn't have much to work with, and was more wanting to dial in the press, which i believe i did. I also think my filter method wasn't the right route to go. I used a 100 micron stainless steel pressing screen, but upon deeper reading that with hash/kief pressing, 32 micron seemed to be the preferred? If that's the case, i can see why i didn't return anything, it was letting too much plant matter through. I cleaned up a nice about 3/4" aroound sour og bud, and just tossed it on the press and hit it at 240, didn't weight it or anything, but it smoked real nice. i'd guess .13g if i was guessing. My press is single side heat, but the pressure goes to 1000lb on the press. Any insight would be helpful @ Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Hawaii gets rain 365 days a year on part of the island right? You guys are having water trouble? Crazy yo. Just shows you, droughts travel to every part of the globe at one point or another. It's all a huge cycle.

I will try to make a video of my press, been to lazy to make a video. I was out of town last week, is why I couldn't do it then. How did you like using the metal screens? I would think those are the best, if you can get them in pouches.

I like the 32u bags for hash and 90u or larger bags for flower/trim. I found with the larger bags, my hash would squish right through the bags. When using the 32u for trim, I found my yields were much lower than with a 90u bag.

Single side heat for your press? Only one plate heats up? Same with my press, but I don't find it to be a problem. I just heat it up with it closed before use, works great. I have a temp gun, and the temp transfers to the cold plate very well. Your press does 1000lbs per square inch, or just 1000 lbs overall? What is your plate size?

papapayne

papapayne

I've always heard/seen with rosin, the more pressure you have, the less heat you need, which in turns, means less boiled off terpenes, better taste, and better returns. 1000lb per square inch would definitely be pretty epic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom