Northern Lights Auto by Seedsman.

• Thread starter ItsMosher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ItsMosher

ItsMosher

Starting a Northern Lights Auto today. First grow wish me luck!

In a 2x2x4 tent with a 32w light (will be upgrading soon). Roots Organics soil cut with some extra perlite in case I overwater. 4” outtake fan and a tiny Buddha statue (was my dad’s and has brought me luck before). Will be using some miracle gro singles for veg and a miracle gro organics “edibles” for flower.

I’m on an extremely tight budget so I’m working with what I got. Any tips for autos specifically are appreciated and welcome!

Northern lights auto by seedsman
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Good luck with your grow! What light do you plan to buy? For a 2x2 tent, it probably should be 120 watts if it's an LED.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Good luck btw every seedsman auto I’ve tried so far flowers real fast so you gotta be bang on from day one and not overwater them.

They all turned out good mind.

All the best bud

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

Good luck btw every seedsman auto I’ve tried so far flowers real fast so you gotta be bang on from day one and not overwater them.

They all turned out good mind.

All the best bud
Thanks for that tip for sure I have a tendency to overwater our other houseplants, I’ve got to exercise some major patience.

josefrahl

josefrahl

I've grown seedsman's NL autos a few times. The trichomes weren't vey impressive until I added Terpinator. It was good smoke, but just a heads up if you're barely seeing trichomes, and think you may have done something wrong.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

I've grown seedsman's NL autos a few times. The trichomes weren't vey impressive until I added Terpinator. It was good smoke, but just a heads up if you're barely seeing trichomes, and think you may have done something wrong.
Much appreciated on that! I’ll look into the terpinator on the second attempt if this run doesn’t get me lots of trichomes.

Gmix had said the seedsman autos were fast flowering were the NL?

josefrahl

josefrahl

From my journal it looks like total time for me from sprout to harvest is 94-97 days. I did make a note that the beginning of flower there wasn't a lot going on, but then they fattened and finished up fast. Stretch started around day 22-24, pistils around day 40. So about 3 week veg, 2 1/2 week stretch, and 8 week flower. Also note I grow hydro not soil.

Hope that helps.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

From my journal it looks like total time for me from sprout to harvest is 94-97 days. I did make a note that the beginning of flower there wasn't a lot going on, but then they fattened and finished up fast. Stretch started around day 22-24, pistils around day 40. So about 3 week veg, 2 1/2 week stretch, and 8 week flower. Also note I grow hydro not soil.

Hope that helps.
That’s EXTRMELY helpful thank you! I’ll keep this in mind for sure.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

With the low power light you have now it will be super easy to over feed.
You really need a 300w led for that grow space.
Even a used one if that's your budget. I'm cheep so I buy used.
Like a Mars Hydro: Mars 300-60LED-110 Grow Light.
It's about 8"x12"

First week after the seedling comes threw the ground just water.

The next week. Be Careful, About 1/3 of 1 package in a watering can = 100 ppm Nitrogen.
With that light I think 100 ppm should be enough.

After stepping up the light.
From then on 2/3 of a package buy weight in a watering can of water should give you 200 ppm N until she shows signs of flowering.

I'd really suggest you try Pro Mix instead.

Promix

I can post all the measurements for you if you like.
I have been using it for years. It's super easy affordable and it works!
5-15-5 first feed seedling.
12-6-6 threw Veg
And I mix 5-15-5 and 3-6-12 50/50 for flowering

I buy all 3 jugs for $10 bucks a peace on sale and they will grow 4 or 5 plants.

Last edited:
ItsMosher

ItsMosher

With the low power light you have now it will be super easy to over feed.
You really need a 300w led for that grow space.
Even a used one if that's your budget. I'm cheep so I buy used.
Like a Mars Hydro: Mars 300-60LED-110 Grow Light.
It's about 8"x12"

First week after the seedling comes threw the ground just water.

The next week. Be Careful, About 1/3 of 1 package in a watering can = 100 ppm Nitrogen.
With that light I think 100 ppm should be enough.

After stepping up the light.
From then on 2/3 of a package buy weight in a watering can of water should give you 200 ppm N until she shows signs of flowering.

I'd really suggest you try Pro Mix instead.

View attachment 2064604

I can post all the measurements for you if you like.
I have been using it for years. It's super easy affordable and it works!
5-15-5 first feed seedling.
12-6-6 threw Veg
And I mix 5-15-5 and 3-6-12 50/50 for flowering

I buy all 3 jugs for $10 bucks a peace on sale and they will grow 4 or 5 plants.
I’ll see if the store near me has pro mix, I live in a pretty desolate area so the nearest store that’s not a gas station is a good hour away. I’ll see next time we make a grocery run!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Sounds good bud. Your plants will do nicely on the Singles for now. Just watch the amount you give them.
I like the Pro-mix because it's easy to get where I am and it's super easy to use.

It must be nice at night. I do a little astronomy. You must have some pretty nice views of the Milky way.
I have to drive 1/2 an hour to get away from back ground light so I can see the sky. I don't do deep space.
Don't have a big enough telescope. Mostly within our galaxy.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

It must be nice at night. I do a little astronomy. You must have some pretty nice views of the Milky way.
I have to drive 1/2 an hour to get away from back ground light so I can see the sky. I don't do deep space.
Don't have a big enough telescope. Mostly within our galaxy.
Nighttime is truly amazing! I don’t have a telescope or anything unfortunately, but I’m deep in the mountains so my view is mostly straight up and down 😂 I can definitely see more stars here than anywhere I’ve ever lived which is saying something if you knew how much I’ve moved lol. I’m like the opposite, I’ve got to drive 15 minutes to SEE another light 😂

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

She popped up today! Light is on the way via mail, so hopefully it gets here soon, she ain’t waiting for nobody! Will continue with just water as was suggested. Soil’s “damp” so I’ll probably wait until tomorrow.

IMG 5650
ItsMosher

ItsMosher

Light is here! Vivosun vs1000 100W

Gave her a little water today and will see how she responds after a bit was looking a little droopy today I’ve been very cautious not to overwater as I have with other plants we have in the house. Did maybe 6oz of water. pH tester pen soon and some pH up and down next depending on how my water is.

Hoping the carbon filter in my air purifier is good enough for when she flowers. Kind of a less than ideal setup but it’s what I’m working with for now.

IMG 5664
IMG 5667
ItsMosher

ItsMosher

also I’ve got the light at 32” at 100%. From what I’ve seen that’s about right, right?

Top Bottom