Northern Lights (MSNL) First Grow

• Thread starter The_Greenist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Porky1982

Porky1982

I know my plants are gnome sized but I’m actually in flower right now, about to finish up 3rd week of flower.

This grow was a race to the finish sprout to finish in 10 weeks.
Look you can take my advice or captains but I would definitely leave the lights at 100% 200w of lights is very little to flower with so I would not turn them down!!

Porky1982

Porky1982

Here are some pictures showing general health. Containers were bone dry so I watered each with eight ounces of water and calmag. (I probably should have used just straight water but it was what I had available this morning)

A few yellowing bottom fan leaves and small streaks, also a few brown spots.

I will take soil ph levels on Saturday before I begin a new feeding schedule.

View attachment 2074412View attachment 2074413View attachment 2074414View attachment 2074415View attachment 2074416View attachment 2074417View attachment 2074418
So what you have is medium sized plants in tiny pots!
Looking at your most recent pics it looks as though the plants are now beginning to get hungry. Lighter green and a few blotches of cal and mag on the lower fans.
Now this what I would do. I would start feeding at full strength nuts as the plants have basically sucked the soil of everything it can offer because the pots are so small! I would be feeding/ watering every 2nd day depending on how hot it is you might be able to water then have 2 days off but I doubt it with plant size compared to pot size!
As you go through flower drop the N back and up the pk and calmag slightly till then end!

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

So what you have is medium sized plants in tiny pots!
Looking at your most recent pics it looks as though the plants are now beginning to get hungry. Lighter green and a few blotches of cal and mag on the lower fans.
Now this what I would do. I would start feeding at full strength nuts as the plants have basically sucked the soil of everything it can offer because the pots are so small! I would be feeding/ watering every 2nd day depending on how hot it is you might be able to water then have 2 days off but I doubt it with plant size compared to pot size!
As you go through flower drop the N back and up the pk and calmag slightly till then end!
Yeah, I’m going to take a ph reading tomorrow and see where the soils at…definitely been neglecting that aspect.

I’m worried about going full strength at manufactures spec’s, I have read that fox farm ferts run hot.

Going to drop the grow big ferts (6N) and stay with tiger bloom, big bloom and beastie bloomz for a total of 2N.

Is that still too much Nitrogen?

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

I finish most of my runs at 70-75% power.
These lights are crazy powerful nowadays. Even the small ones. It’s just my suggestion.
Yeah, I have slight bleaching on tips.

I’m not sure if that is residual from the one day I had it down to 12 inches.

One light is dimmable one is not so I might just leave at 100percent and raise to 20 inches.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I haven’t understood the whole run off thing with 8 oz of water in these small pots every other day it barely dribbles through the bottom.
Well, I never water to runoff. I just make sure everything gets saturated. A slower application.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I'm lazy, so I pre-soak a 7 gallon and plop them right in it from the solo cup 😂. I put a 1/2 gallon-ish on them when I do water in veg with a compost tea or recharge.
Hey man, proofs in the pudding right? 👊🏻

Porky1982

Porky1982

Yeah, I’m going to take a ph reading tomorrow and see where the soils at…definitely been neglecting that aspect.

I’m worried about going full strength at manufactures spec’s, I have read that fox farm ferts run hot.

Going to drop the grow big ferts (6N) and stay with tiger bloom, big bloom and beastie bloomz for a total of 2N.

Is that still too much Nitrogen?
At this early stage of flower they still need N. Yeah I've seen a lot of burnt plants from fox farm as it's very hot.
I'd stick with the 6N at 3/4 strength till about week 5 then drop back to the 2N for the last few weeks!
No one can tell you exactly how much you need your going to have to go off what the plan looks like!
But they are going to need to be fed till the end because the soil has nothing left its basically just something for the roots to hold onto!

Latest posts

Top Bottom