Northern Lights

• Thread starter dextr0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Hey Goodsen thanx for stopping in. Would have been killer to see the big one in all potential huh?? Oh well this will do. I dont do much boosting (I do however have a small mix of EWC and fermented bananas that i exclusively use in flower just for that purpose) but we will see what happens.
Thanx for still watching everyone, I know its hard to follow something like this.

Fermented bananas? Now that's one I hadn't heard before. What do you find the bananas do?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Fermented bananas? Now that's one I hadn't heard before. What do you find the bananas do?

I use a supplement in flower and flush called banana manna. It's banana extracts that are supposed to help develop oils and resin on the plant.

outwest

dextr0

dextr0

I posted this in the fermented plant extracts thread and wanted to simplify it. I actually just got the bananas and let them ferment in a bottle for a month (chopped up real well). I knew from previous experiments that they ferment really well on there own, and pretty fast. To aid in the breakdown I added EWC. You know they have all the fungi and bacteria, enzymes etc...not to mention the nutrients they add....anyway here is the original post:

Secret Bloom Soil! Hush!!!!!
PostDateIcon November 26th, 2010 | PostAuthorIcon Author: rev.summit

Aloha friends and thumbs I am back to give you a secret ferment recipe I mix for my blooming phase plant. In layering my soils in transplant I am able to boost my bloom. Simple an easy I will be fermenting bananas, if you do your own research one will find burying bananas in your soil will boost flowering( potassium), many champion flower growers use this method. I take it another step, we always heard about the old guys talking about feeding plants fruit juice, well this kinda the same too but organically and we make a soil out of our ferment. So here it is:

Banana Soil:

1gallon container
2 bunches bananas or about a pound of peels
**1apple, 1over ripe papaya( these are optional)
1 bottle gin
3 cups brown sugar
30 lbs earthworm castings

Procedure:
1. Cut and put all fruit in a large container
2. Add brown sugar and stir until completely coated
3. Add 6oz gin
4. Cover with paper towel and rubberband
5. Let stand for 5days and stir after stir add one cup gin
6. Let stand 14 days
7. Add ferment to 30 lbs EWC and mix well let stand 5-7 days
8. Layer into transplant so as the roots grow into it, when they do wow
*** I also use this in sexing my seed plants in a 24 hr light cycle**

I use a supplement in flower and flush called banana manna. It's banana extracts that are supposed to help develop oils and resin on the plant.

outwest

Hey outwest nice post. I actually never used the stuff but loved reading into it! Its been awhile but I definitely found all the info interesting. I love making the Fermented banana mix because I feel it definitely imports usable sugars into the mix. I dislike using molasses, so this is my way of adding sugars for sure. I also feel there is alot going on when using fruit extracts or plant extracts, but I haven't worked any strain long enough to say for sure it helps with essential oil production or more trichome production. I know where I read where some dont get any smell off their plants and Ill tell u this; Ive never had that problem just using natural organics in my mix.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I posted this in the fermented plant extracts thread and wanted to simplify it. I actually just got the bananas and let them ferment in a bottle for a month (chopped up real well). I knew from previous experiments that they ferment really well on there own, and pretty fast. To aid in the breakdown I added EWC. You know they have all the fungi and bacteria, enzymes etc...not to mention the nutrients they add....anyway here is the original post:

Secret Bloom Soil! Hush!!!!!
PostDateIcon November 26th, 2010 | PostAuthorIcon Author: rev.summit

Aloha friends and thumbs I am back to give you a secret ferment recipe I mix for my blooming phase plant. In layering my soils in transplant I am able to boost my bloom. Simple an easy I will be fermenting bananas, if you do your own research one will find burying bananas in your soil will boost flowering( potassium), many champion flower growers use this method. I take it another step, we always heard about the old guys talking about feeding plants fruit juice, well this kinda the same too but organically and we make a soil out of our ferment. So here it is:

Banana Soil:

1gallon container
2 bunches bananas or about a pound of peels
**1apple, 1over ripe papaya( these are optional)
1 bottle gin
3 cups brown sugar
30 lbs earthworm castings

Procedure:
1. Cut and put all fruit in a large container
2. Add brown sugar and stir until completely coated
3. Add 6oz gin
4. Cover with paper towel and rubberband
5. Let stand for 5days and stir after stir add one cup gin
6. Let stand 14 days
7. Add ferment to 30 lbs EWC and mix well let stand 5-7 days
8. Layer into transplant so as the roots grow into it, when they do wow
*** I also use this in sexing my seed plants in a 24 hr light cycle**

Hey outwest nice post. I actually never used the stuff but loved reading into it! Its been awhile but I definitely found all the info interesting. I love making the Fermented banana mix because I feel it definitely imports usable sugars into the mix. I dislike using molasses, so this is my way of adding sugars for sure. I also feel there is alot going on when using fruit extracts or plant extracts, but I haven't worked any strain long enough to say for sure it helps with essential oil production or more trichome production. I know where I read where some dont get any smell off their plants and Ill tell u this; Ive never had that problem just using natural organics in my mix.

Thanks for the thoughtful response, Lead. I've moved to a more true organics this run, using Sub's Super Soil. I don't start flowering until Friday (24") and the plants already reak to high hell! LOVE IT!

outwest

dextr0

dextr0

DSC04080
DSC04081

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Yummy. Looking good, brother.

outwest

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Everything seems to be getting back on track nicely! Thanks for the update, dex!

blucheeze

blucheeze

glad to see that its all comin back togeether bro... go check out my lil fellas there tryin to live life to the fullest lol

dextr0

dextr0

Yummy. Looking good, brother.

outwest
Sup outwest thanx for poppin in and checkin out the scene. Starting to nugg up and getting crazy skunk and citrus smells. Love it because about two three hours before the I take her out of the dark, she starts smelling like crazy....I think this is called seed clouding....not sure if its really the same though...Terpenes are released by trees more actively in warmer weather, acting as a natural form of cloud seeding. The clouds reflect sunlight, allowing the forest to regulate its temperature.[2]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terpene

Everything seems to be getting back on track nicely! Thanks for the update, dex!
Here goes another for you. Thanx for watching, I promise to throw a little info out there for yall as I go. Been a min since Ive really done that for the farm.

glad to see that its all comin back togeether bro... go check out my lil fellas there tryin to live life to the fullest lol

Thank you brotha. If it wasn't for you half this shit wouldn't be here. You know u got anything if I can spare it. Already on your thread, and lovin the gangsta pix. Them girls looking good...real talk...
-------------------------------------
ON WITH THE SHOW!!

1st up is the NL, 2nd Blue Widow, 3rd uk cheese , 4th another NL (from same mother), 5th an unknown strain, homeboy left it here with me and im just taking care of her (MIGHT be Pineapple Kush). 6th a homie that stopped in to eat shit up! My soil is...well ALIVE!!
DSC04104
DSC04101
DSC04102
DSC04103
DSC04106
DSC04099

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

The more legs... the less I like it lol... Thanks for the update, dex. Learned something new with the cloud seeding. Do you always do perp grows? What happened with the Cocoa male? Hope you're having a good day! Lady Goods

dextr0

dextr0

The more legs... the less I like it lol... Thanks for the update, dex. Learned something new with the cloud seeding. Do you always do perp grows? What happened with the Cocoa male? Hope you're having a good day! Lady Goods

Lol, your not scared of a little ol' bug are you?? Really though in this case the more legs the better...http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/livingsoil2.htm

I always thought the seed clouding thing was cool myself...I also find upon feeding the girls they will throw them smells too...

I dont always grow perpetual...im trying to grow perpetual. I actually have few seeds and there are no cuts around here. Eventually Ill be making my own crosses and seeing what i can put together and find...but for now I need money and I want to save as many seeds as possible for later crossing.

Ahh, the Cocoa male...another tragic story. He died when I let this person who fucked up the plants the first time take them. He left it in the Isolation box in the dark....mold took over. I have two more beans left of that cross though. They will not be wasted.

Thanx for the high hopes for my day...and actually it has been a damn good one (couldn't have said the same yesterday)! Hope u have the same...anymore questions feel free.

respects,
dex

dextr0

dextr0

DSC04109
DSC04108
DSC04107

I really hate super cropping methods that are explained on the net. Every time Ive tried to copy the ol' twist one way then the other...it always broke wide open. My way is to push the stem in one spot (working both sides if its big) with forefinger and thumb and then gently push to the side (bend her over). Hope these pix help. I for real just pinch until she bends over and push down a little extra to make sure she holds the position.

Abek666

Abek666

nice thread dex^^ i feel sorry for your problems the worst thing was to see this big lady dead such a jerk end of rand^^ keep up what you are doing im also in the devoliaton and supercropping camp i put the stem in two fingers and try to colapse the inner stuff after this is done you can show it the direction i brake it mostly in the way where i would like to have the upper part later when it recovers... hope this make sens^^

have a good day

dextr0

dextr0

Day 56...just started flushing yesterday. She looks hella green and still got white hairs...im expecting them to start dying back any day now and of course she should start yellowing up soon also.
DSC04279
DSC04274

Latest posts

Top Bottom