Nutes And Forums Are Stressing Me Out

• Thread starter ArmedGeek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whitepistols

whitepistols

Dwc with ya now and stoned to the bone....

Ah yes Dwc, my favorite but about to dip into coco as a test.

How many sites and how many gallons?

I am not much of a soil guy flood and drain my dirty little mistress that always pulls through.

Being fresh on the block if you want a honest opinion I would start from the start with raw salts. There's a lot of info about jacks fert from Peters. At least read and understand that your diluting a few grams literally of a solid to a gallon to make a concentrate that can dilute 50 or 100 gallons. Do you want to spend many cnotes a run on nutes cost or not?

I hope you have prepared for the system to empty out fully where it is located. Yeah that is my biggest tip. You will flood, maybe not today but you will. My personal best wast 42,000 gallons because a float valve stuck over a weekend I was gone.

Capulator is a member here. He got tired of weak beneficial bacteria started selling his. Og bio war roots, nutes, foliar. You can use in any hydro or soil.

Keep a eye on Ph. Understand you want the res to drift from where you started to raise in Ph. As example set Ph in res 5.8 it rises to 6.2 mid week. If the Ph is rising plants eating good as example

First run always a pita on New strain, no data. Keep a note book close and keep notes of what you done on what day.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

Like anything i do, i put in my time. I do the research, ask the questions and second guess myself the whole way through. In the end, it normally works out. But...it seems to always be a battle.

As a new grower, i understand the answers are out there if you dig enough. The problem is, you have to filter through so much BS to find these answers. You would think this type of culture would get along. One thing i have learned regarding forums, everyone has an opinion. That's great and all, but for a new grower, how do i know the information i'm getting is actually legit? I have over 2k in my first grow as far as equipment. This might sound petty to some, and high priced to others. It's a lot of money for me and i want to grow the best medicine i can.

When it comes to nutes, this is the BIGGEST struggle i have as far as getting proper information. While i like to follow the model KISS (keep it simple stupid) i'm dealing with limited room in a 4x4 tent so would like to use nutes that seriously give me the biggest and best yields.

I'm all for nutes that have some type of recipe with them, rather online or whatever. As a first time grower, this at the VERY least gives me a good idea of how much to use and when to use it. Mind you, i have to figure out my own ratios as far as how much to use in some regards during certain stages. BUT...at least i have the general idea. Technaflora is GREAT for this with there easy recipe guide. They have a whole step by step process to use. I would go this route, however i can't find many pictures toward the harvest to see the actual results from the product.

Advanced nutrients....I can actually find reviews and pictures regarding the harvest stages from the product. The problem is, on there web site when you actually go to "the nutrient calculator" it doesn't help ma person like me what so ever! As a young grass hopper, quite honestly it doesn't tell me sh*t! I have no "schedule to say" and when i say schedule i'm saying a good idea of at least which products to use, how much and when and then tailor my own needs for specific strengths.

When i read other peoples grow logs, they might use a mixture of multiple things and that's great. But...i can't really play along because i need extra guidance. I can't explain how stressful this is starting to be. Once i get this grow going, i'll have the time to actually dig in deep to the actual specifics of photosynthesis etc. From there, i'll be able to taylor my own.

In the mean time....Please help me out here people...I wanna hear from the true old school growers who probably understand the struggle.
Dude..the pot growing forums arw just going to confuse the shit out of you...believe that. Take this advice from someone who has grown every which way you can possibly imagine in over 27 years of near nonstop cannabis cultivation. Stop reading and posting on the forums first of all. Get yourself a super simple one part nutrient that has EVERYTHING. Maybe Dynagro Foliage Pro. Follow the directions on the bottle and just go for it. Nutrients are such a small part of growing dope. They either work or they dont...amd if they dont...its because you didn't use them right. Your not gonna nail it on a first try. You might but i doubt it. Stop stressing and get off these forums. Trust me. Your stressing because you bought a shitload of equipment and spent alot of coin and you have no fukin clue what your doing. Alot of us have been there. Get a dope growing book. Read it. And pay attention to tue basic rules. Everything else...your just gonna have to try shit out. Sorry...thats how it is. For one thing...stay away from these confusing ass forums. Theres a bazillion of us on here and a bazillion different ways to grow. Your not gonna get anything concrete on here anyways...that will apply to you. And alot of people on the forums are dipshits who really cant grow a blade of grass and they give other people so called "advice".

Last edited:
ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

Dwc with ya now and stoned to the bone....

Ah yes Dwc, my favorite but about to dip into coco as a test.

How many sites and how many gallons?

I am not much of a soil guy flood and drain my dirty little mistress that always pulls through.

Being fresh on the block if you want a honest opinion I would start from the start with raw salts. There's a lot of info about jacks fert from Peters. At least read and understand that your diluting a few grams literally of a solid to a gallon to make a concentrate that can dilute 50 or 100 gallons. Do you want to spend many cnotes a run on nutes cost or not?

I hope you have prepared for the system to empty out fully where it is located. Yeah that is my biggest tip. You will flood, maybe not today but you will. My personal best wast 42,000 gallons because a float valve stuck over a weekend I was gone.

Capulator is a member here. He got tired of weak beneficial bacteria started selling his. Og bio war roots, nutes, foliar. You can use in any hydro or soil.

Keep a eye on Ph. Understand you want the res to drift from where you started to raise in Ph. As example set Ph in res 5.8 it rises to 6.2 mid week. If the Ph is rising plants eating good as example

First run always a pita on New strain, no data. Keep a note book close and keep notes of what you done on what day.

I screwed myself from the beginning by purchasing AN. I agree with keeping PH in check, during veg i'm keeping it at 5.8. I'm seeing fluctuation to 6.1 but doesn't rise any higher (for now). What i find confusing is the fact AN states to NEVER adjust for PH fluctuation with the PH perfect line up. This goes against everything i have learned about nutrient availability. I'm still adjusting the PH manually, but AN reps swear up and down to not do this. It just adds to more confusion. If i didn't have so much money wrapped up in nutes i would toss it in the trash and go with something simple.

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Dude..the pot growing forums arw just going to confuse the shit out of you...believe that. Take this advice from someone who has grown every which way you can possibly imagine in over 27 years of near nonstop cannabis cultivation. Stop reading and posting on the forums first of all. Get yourself a super simple one part nutrient that has EVERYTHING. Maybe Dynagro Foliage Pro. Follow the directions on the bottle and just go for it. Nutrients are such a small part of growing dope. They either work or they dont...amd if they dont...its because you didn't use them right. Your not gonna nail it on a first try. You might but i doubt it. Stop stressing and get off these forums. Trust me. Your stressing because you bought a shitload of equipment and spent alot of coin and you have no fukin clue what your doing. Alot of us have been there. Get a dope growing book. Read it. And pay attention to tue basic rules. Everything else...your just gonna have to try shit out. Sorry...thats how it is. For one thing...stay away from these confusing ass forums. Theres a bazillion of us on here and a bazillion different ways to grow. Your not gonna get anything concrete on here anyways...that will apply to you. And alot of people on the forums are dipshits who really cant grow a blade of grass and they give other people so called "advice".
Half of that is the best advice anyone could give out to new growers, that I thank you for.
I gotta keep it simple - 1 part nutrient would be best to learn the plants first.
Need to get myself a good book.
Recomend one - ?

Cant get off the forums tho--- thats where I found your advise ;)
But I get what your saying - a million ways to do it, will come with time and self expireneces mostly.

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

i dont see where you say how you will be growing ,is it dirt or hydro or ? anyhow if you want simple it dont get more simple than promix and jacks classics.1/2 tsp per gal for seeds n clones,1 tsp per gal for larger veg stage and thats it.once your 2 weeks into flower switch to the 10-30-20 bloom boost and stay at 1 tsp per gal.all that other shit is complicated.even going organic has turned into a major fuckin project with all the cover crops and mycos and worm shit and ect ect ect lol. JACK THAT SHIT UP !!!!
https://www.walmart.com/ip/TT-UP-J-...1172&wl11=online&wl12=648553448&wl13=&veh=sem

View attachment 699538
I have a couple almost empty bottles of fox farm I will put to the side and give Jacks a try, seen it at my local store looks simple.
Thanks sixstring

P

PharmHand

I screwed myself from the beginning by purchasing AN. I agree with keeping PH in check, during veg i'm keeping it at 5.8. I'm seeing fluctuation to 6.1 but doesn't rise any higher (for now). What i find confusing is the fact AN states to NEVER adjust for PH fluctuation with the PH perfect line up. This goes against everything i have learned about nutrient availability. I'm still adjusting the PH manually, but AN reps swear up and down to not do this. It just adds to more confusion. If i didn't have so much money wrapped up in nutes i would toss it in the trash and go with something simple.
AN is simple, that's the point of ph perfect. If you're starting water is 100ppm or less, don't adjust the ph , 5.8-6.1 is literally perfect for coco or peat. Yes their advertising is absurd and appears to be aimed at children or really simple minded people but their products can work well and be very easy to use especially for beginners . If you look at their charts on website( I really hate to plug these guys) stick with one and don't add other shit in there, whether it's AN or another brand, it'll just mess up the balance of minerals which will mess up your ph and uptake. They have different charts beginner, intermediate etc with different additives stick w one and feed half or less of what they recommend. The balance of minerals determines your ph so don't go full strength of this half strength of that cuz it'll give you the wrong ph. Their systems are designed to be balanced- don't think that you can substitute say rhino skin for a competitors potassium silicate it'll completely ruin the balance and jack your ph. It's really easy to overfeed with connoisseur, sensi is easier to work with. I've hit 3per with a simple sensi big bud combo

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Half of that is the best advice anyone could give out to new growers, that I thank you for.
I gotta keep it simple - 1 part nutrient would be best to learn the plants first.
Need to get myself a good book.
Recomend one - ?

Cant get off the forums tho--- thats where I found your advise ;)
But I get what your saying - a million ways to do it, will come with time and self expireneces mostly.

No pictures in the free PDF but this is the best book IMO to get started or read about advanced stuff too.

2 formats :-)

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,I'm
Feeling same way, simple is better...but what is simple???I got my own as simple...we all have a simple program...I'm certified master gardener USDA, Maryland...official...extension agent...Got dibs on what is going on ,got dibs now...30 yrs in the making...still tweaking...simple(nature) is always better ...
cw

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

AN is simple, that's the point of ph perfect. If you're starting water is 100ppm or less, don't adjust the ph , 5.8-6.1 is literally perfect for coco or peat. Yes their advertising is absurd and appears to be aimed at children or really simple minded people but their products can work well and be very easy to use especially for beginners . If you look at their charts on website( I really hate to plug these guys) stick with one and don't add other shit in there, whether it's AN or another brand, it'll just mess up the balance of minerals which will mess up your ph and uptake. They have different charts beginner, intermediate etc with different additives stick w one and feed half or less of what they recommend. The balance of minerals determines your ph so don't go full strength of this half strength of that cuz it'll give you the wrong ph. Their systems are designed to be balanced- don't think that you can substitute say rhino skin for a competitors potassium silicate it'll completely ruin the balance and jack your ph. It's really easy to overfeed with connoisseur, sensi is easier to work with. I've hit 3per with a simple sensi big bud combo

I just changed my res (AN) yesterday and woke up to PH being 6.2 in dwc. I can't justify leaving the PH alone as different PH levels allow for specific nutrients. I'm not saying there program won't work and it probably will if I leave it alone, but logically it just doesn't add up to me as far as making sense. pH seems to climb and then become stable, buy never comes back down.

P

Pimples

I have used AN pH Perfect Sensi Grow A & B for coco coir with my tap water (0.2 EC 7.5 pH) at label directions and it lowered my nutrient solution no lower than 6.3 - 6.4 pH. Using my trusty Bluelab Combo Meter with a fairly new pH probe and calibrated every 7 to 10 days using fresh calibration solutions. Its not pH Perfect with my tap water. I still have to use some pH down to get it in the sweet spot of 5.8 - 6.2. I use less but I still have to use it. According to some AN reps and vids...a meter should automatically read and put the solution in the sweet spot. I gave the rest of the AN Sensi Grow to my cousin. It works but I gave up on AN awhile back. Too many bottles...too expensive...too much marketing.

Last edited:
P

PharmHand

I just changed my res (AN) yesterday and woke up to PH being 6.2 in dwc. I can't justify leaving the PH alone as different PH levels allow for specific nutrients. I'm not saying there program won't work and it probably will if I leave it alone, but logically it just doesn't add up to me as far as making sense. pH seems to climb and then become stable, buy never comes back down.
Are you adding any calmag? That can bump it up a bit. And your ph will climb to a point and then stabilize it has something to do with oxygen saturation from what I understand. My well water comes out around 40ppm ph5.7-6.1 ish so I guess that helps but I've used other water mid 6's ph 60ppm and it mixed up just a little higher. I'll go 1/2 strength or less A+B and maybe an additive or two 1/2 strength and it intially sits at about ph5.4-5.5 600ppm then I let it mix and aerate for about 30-40 min and the ph goes up to about 5.9 or 6 then I feed. If I let it mix for longer it typically doesn't rise any more. But I'm in coco, dwc would demand more stability so I dunno if I'd use AN for that. And connoisseur always gave me tip burn no matter how weak I fed. I'm not advocating their use just trying to help you use those expensive ass nutes you already have:)

P

PharmHand

I have used AN pH Perfect Sensi Grow A & B for coco coir with my tap water (0.2 EC 7.5 pH) at label directions and it lowered my nutrient solution no lower than 6.3 - 6.4 pH. Using my trusty Bluelab Combo Meter with a fairly new pH probe and calibrated every 7 to 10 days using fresh calibration solutions. Its not pH Perfect with my tap water. I still have to use some pH down to get it in the sweet spot of 5.8 - 6.2. I use less but I still have to use it. According to some AN reps and vids...a meter should automatically read and put the solution in the sweet spot. I gave the rest of the AN Sensi Grow to my cousin. It works but I gave up on AN awhile back. Too many bottles...too expensive...too much marketing.
Truth be told I only use it cuz I get it very cheap. My friend owns a hydro store and moves/uses a crap ton of AN. I get it cheaper than any other brand at cost plus 10%. So it works out far cheaper than anything else for me.
Even then I only use the basics since most of their additives are more of the same shit plus maybe one additional ingredient. There's literally seaweed in every product lol.Sensi A+B and big bud is pretty much all I use. I'll use bud ignitor if I've over vegged and wanna speed flower onset- it's got ethephon a mild pgr that brings on the hairs a little sooner.... plus seaweed haha.....
One thing I will say, and hopefully you can shed some light on this, is I've noticed plants/buds grown with AN tend to have a lighter green appearance and slightly less dense but slightly larger buds than buds grown with every other nute brand I've used. Over the years I've used GH, Botanicare, Yellow Bottle, Veg+Bloom, organic etc... I don't know what it is.
They use humic, fulvic, yucca, seaweed and aminos in almost everything. From my understanding humic and fulvic help chelate nutrients but favor certain ones over others. So could it be just the humic/fulvic effect? Or a synergistic effect from all those compounds? I've found I can get away feeding pretty light too 500-700ppm max and still get great yields/quality.
Ultimately I'd love to just mix my own salts but honestly do not have any spare time, it seems a chore to mix raw salts. I gave V+B a run recently but everything came out a little smaller/ lighter.... I'm aware no two runs will be exactly alike but my rooms pretty consistent so idk. I've done nearly identical numbers with organics too but I was brewing teas non stop and having to clean so much, it was twice the work.... I don't know what else I'd try. I don't know anyone that does really well with GH maybe 1.5-2 per..... And guys will say "you can use this, it works just as good but it's way cheaper" but they ain't pulling great numbers/quality. I do feel like a sucker buying these nutes tho regardless how cheap, the owners a complete d bag....

P

Pimples

Truth be told I only use it cuz I get it very cheap. My friend owns a hydro store and moves/uses a crap ton of AN. I get it cheaper than any other brand at cost plus 10%. So it works out far cheaper than anything else for me.
Even then I only use the basics since most of their additives are more of the same shit plus maybe one additional ingredient. There's literally seaweed in every product lol.Sensi A+B and big bud is pretty much all I use. I'll use bud ignitor if I've over vegged and wanna speed flower onset- it's got ethephon a mild pgr that brings on the hairs a little sooner.... plus seaweed haha.....
One thing I will say, and hopefully you can shed some light on this, is I've noticed plants/buds grown with AN tend to have a lighter green appearance and slightly less dense but slightly larger buds than buds grown with every other nute brand I've used. Over the years I've used GH, Botanicare, Yellow Bottle, Veg+Bloom, organic etc... I don't know what it is.
They use humic, fulvic, yucca, seaweed and aminos in almost everything. From my understanding humic and fulvic help chelate nutrients but favor certain ones over others. So could it be just the humic/fulvic effect? Or a synergistic effect from all those compounds? I've found I can get away feeding pretty light too 500-700ppm max and still get great yields/quality.
Ultimately I'd love to just mix my own salts but honestly do not have any spare time, it seems a chore to mix raw salts. I gave V+B a run recently but everything came out a little smaller/ lighter.... I'm aware no two runs will be exactly alike but my rooms pretty consistent so idk. I've done nearly identical numbers with organics too but I was brewing teas non stop and having to clean so much, it was twice the work.... I don't know what else I'd try. I don't know anyone that does really well with GH maybe 1.5-2 per..... And guys will say "you can use this, it works just as good but it's way cheaper" but they ain't pulling great numbers/quality. I do feel like a sucker buying these nutes tho regardless how cheap, the owners a complete d bag....
1.5 and 2 per 1000 watt mogul socket is par for the course. Thats damn good. Its what i hit in my mogul socket room. Anyone hitting 1.5 or more on traditional thousand watters...that's pretty good. Most people that say crazy shit like 3 or 4 pounds per are full of shit. Or its bunk bottoms..not trimmed to a standard or not dried and cured correctly. Believe that. And the ones you know are pulling your leg say its easy on top of it. Lol. Dont believe them. Its tall tales and the web and forums are rife with these people.

P

Pimples

I would use the shit outta AN at those prices. It works good. Just as good as all the rest. There all the same pretty much anyways. Slight differences maybe. But its all in the climate and lighting anywAys. Big Bud and Overdrive are decent. Like i said...too many bottles and too expensive but you dont need all those bottles. The base nutrient part A has kelps and aminos loaded in it. You can smell it. Smells like Nitrozime which is an HDI Kelp extract
If your getting AN at damn near cost...i would keep on trucking.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I remember my first rodeo. I burned the shit out of my first crop with organic guano teas and they all died a miserable death. Then I switched to synthetics my second go round and pulled down some chronic Grand Daddy Purple using a rubber maid bin inside a closet. Never looked back after that. Organic flowers are great tho

P

Pimples

You can use a super cheap base nutrient like Jacks or Maxi or Dyna that has all essential minerals and grow nice crops. Save a ton of coin. Then when you get the hang of it...start sourcing and buying the "big 5" biostimulants for that extra push. A pound or two of Agsil Silica...Humic/Fulvic...Yucca...Kelp Seaweed (cold processed for the phytohormones) and your Amino Acids (soy or fish protein hydrolysate). It should last an average home hobby grower quite a long time. In dry powder form..from Kelp4less or some other inexpensive source. And skip all the fancy bottle high dollar stuff from the shops. BOOM...you just acquired the entire hydroponic shop additives for 1/50th of the cost. Its exactly whats in them bottles without the 500% markup. Plus you know exactly what your feeding and no "mystery" ingredients like artificial PGR's and whatnot. And you can dial in specifically what you need per plant or cultivar and learn it. No one size fits all. An added benefit is concentration. Most of the hydro shop bottled additives are extremely watered down. Screw all that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom